Jump to topic:

9/11 Conspiracy Theories

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 3:53:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Well, I figured the politics forum was getting a little inactive, so I thought I'd throw this out there.

Do you believe them?

Why/Why not?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 5:33:22 PM
no because they are stupid the end
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 5:43:25 PM
At 4/20/2012 5:33:22 PM, imabench wrote:
no because they are stupid the end

Can't argue with that
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 5:44:57 PM
Even if you don't believe them, the NSA was monitoring all communications between all the hijackers and chose not to share any of their info with the FBI. I don't remember all the details but PBS did a good documentary about it.
PBS? NOVA maybe? I'll try to find it.
No matter what it makes our govt. look like a joke.

Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 5:46:24 PM
Almost all the conspiracy theories result in these facts, when best presented:

Bush administration was useless regarding terror pre-9/11 (and probably the rest of the world, but not to his extent).
Terrorism is sensationalised.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/20/2012 5:46:30 PM
It's on Hulu
http://www.hulu.com...

Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:15:38 AM
The conspiracy theories don't make any sense but the official story does?! The official story is extremely weak and the government had to have parts in the event. On the morning of 9/11 The biggest media outlets, Fox News, CNN, NBC and others already had an elaborate story for an event which just happened?! who wrote such a story and got it on air so quickly?

Are you trying to tell me that 16 afghanis armed with box cutters took over commercial airlines and navigated their way half way around the world to the U.S and penetrated the heavily defended U.S airspace and hit their targets spot on? While it might not be a the demolition theory it's better than the official story.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:18:33 AM
At 4/21/2012 11:15:38 AM, Ahmed.M wrote:
The conspiracy theories don't make any sense but the official story does?! The official story is extremely weak and the government had to have parts in the event. On the morning of 9/11 The biggest media outlets, Fox News, CNN, NBC and others already had an elaborate story for an event which just happened?! who wrote such a story and got it on air so quickly?

The calls to the planes.

Are you trying to tell me that 16 afghanis armed with box cutters took over commercial airlines and navigated their way half way around the world to the U.S and penetrated the heavily defended U.S airspace and hit their targets spot on? While it might not be a the demolition theory it's better than the official story.

There where no weapons on board, box cutters > Nothing
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:23:17 AM
At 4/21/2012 11:15:38 AM, Ahmed.M wrote:

Yes, I am.

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they're born out of the human inability to accept the fact that something small can cause something so large or horrific.

How could one lunatic kill a president?
How could a man walk on the moon?
How could a small group of terrorists bring down the tallest buildings in New York and kill 3000 people?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:31:34 AM
Watch this video and the one before. The official story is trash. Why would they dump Osama's body in the ocean? How could the U.S not pinpoint him for 10 years for almost have of which he was not even moving?!. How come Osama keeps getting younger and younger? How did they navigate and penetrate the heavily defended the U.S airspace? Why are all investigations into 9/11 heavily underfunded and valuable testimonies and records shredded? How did 'experts' know so much about an event immediately after it happened? This sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Also you make poor strawmans
Some of the 'eyewitnesses' on the day of 9/11 were paid actors...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 11:45:59 AM
At 4/21/2012 11:31:34 AM, Ahmed.M wrote:
Watch this video and the one before. The official story is trash. Why would they dump Osama's body in the ocean? How could the U.S not pinpoint him for 10 years for almost have of which he was not even moving?!. How come Osama keeps getting younger and younger? How did they navigate and penetrate the heavily defended the U.S airspace? Why are all investigations into 9/11 heavily underfunded and valuable testimonies and records shredded? How did 'experts' know so much about an event immediately after it happened? This sounds like a conspiracy theory.

Also you make poor strawmans
Some of the 'eyewitnesses' on the day of 9/11 were paid actors...

It seems that you've drawn conclusions already, and probably won't be swayed. But, shall I answer your questions anyway? Good. These will just be in order of question, so you'll have to connect the answer to the question.

Because they wanted to follow the tradition (Muslim, I believe?) of a burial within a certain time period, and shipping the body back would take too long. I don't know, but that's not cause to conclude a conspiracy. Prove it, and if you mean the estimate of his age, people do make mistakes. The US airspace was nowhere near as defended pre-9/11. Prove it, and that's for possible security or confidentiality reasons (I agree that's wrong, but it's plausible). Probably because they know about the towers' structures (they were VERY prominent buildings), and that two planes with yea amount of fuel in them crashed into the buildings, and they know about the composition of steel.

I know those answers won't assuage you. It sounds as though you're gathering evidence from conclusions, rather than conclusions from evidence.

Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:06:27 PM
At 4/21/2012 11:45:59 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Because they wanted to follow the tradition (Muslim, I believe?) of a burial within a certain time period, and shipping the body back would take too long. I don't know, but that's not cause to conclude a conspiracy.

While that is true that if one is stuck at sea and coming back to land would make the body decayed, then one could throw it in the ocean. To respect Osama Bin Laden's death would contradict the U.S motives. Why would they shoot him immediately (disrespectful and unjust) without a trial then respect him by burying him?

Prove it, and if you mean the estimate of his age, people do make mistakes. The US airspace was nowhere near as defended pre-9/11. Prove it, and that's for possible security or confidentiality reasons (I agree that's wrong, but it's plausible). Probably because they know about the towers' structures (they were VERY prominent buildings), and that two planes with yea amount of fuel in them crashed into the buildings, and they know about the composition of steel.

I don't mean the estimate of his age. I mean that he looks like he's getting younger everytime a video of 'him' is released. The chronology of the videos and the colour of his beard don't match up. I'm not even talking about just the U.S airspace. I'm talking about many countries airspace. How did no one detect or even intercept a plane that was known to be 'hijacked' for many hours? Also how did a few afghanis not even armed with guns 'hijack' an airplane? It does not add up.

Also you say the 'experts' were informed about the buildings but I'm talking about the event. How did they know so many details about the event and Osama bin Laden half an hour after it happens? Aren't they suppose to be shocked for that half an hour or 15 minutes at least? How was it brought up on air then? So many holes.

I know those answers won't assuage you. It sounds as though you're gathering evidence from conclusions, rather than conclusions from evidence.

By the way you're speaking, it seems you yourself aren't even informed about the greatest suprise attack that happened on your own soil. Americans only believe what the media spews out of their mouths and don't question any further. If anyone questions such a weak story, they are crazy conspirators.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:11:32 PM
Ahmed.M, do you honestly believe that the same government which cannot even balance a budget or successfully conquer Iraq can pull off the greatest terrorist heist in history without widespread detection?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:11:33 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:06:27 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/21/2012 11:45:59 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Because they wanted to follow the tradition (Muslim, I believe?) of a burial within a certain time period, and shipping the body back would take too long. I don't know, but that's not cause to conclude a conspiracy.

While that is true that if one is stuck at sea and coming back to land would make the body decayed, then one could throw it in the ocean. To respect Osama Bin Laden's death would contradict the U.S motives. Why would they shoot him immediately (disrespectful and unjust) without a trial then respect him by burying him?

Prove it, and if you mean the estimate of his age, people do make mistakes. The US airspace was nowhere near as defended pre-9/11. Prove it, and that's for possible security or confidentiality reasons (I agree that's wrong, but it's plausible). Probably because they know about the towers' structures (they were VERY prominent buildings), and that two planes with yea amount of fuel in them crashed into the buildings, and they know about the composition of steel.

I don't mean the estimate of his age. I mean that he looks like he's getting younger everytime a video of 'him' is released. The chronology of the videos and the colour of his beard don't match up. I'm not even talking about just the U.S airspace. I'm talking about many countries airspace. How did no one detect or even intercept a plane that was known to be 'hijacked' for many hours? Also how did a few afghanis not even armed with guns 'hijack' an airplane? It does not add up.

They had knifes, fight training, and trained for this for months, or even years. It adds up well actually.
http://en.wikipedia.org...

Also you say the 'experts' were informed about the buildings but I'm talking about the event. How did they know so many details about the event and Osama bin Laden half an hour after it happens? Aren't they suppose to be shocked for that half an hour or 15 minutes at least? How was it brought up on air then? So many holes.

You know he sent videos about it, right?

I think your crazy, well not crazy, just semi blind

By the way you're speaking, it seems you yourself aren't even informed about the greatest suprise attack that happened on your own soil. Americans only believe what the media spews out of their mouths and don't question any further. If anyone questions such a weak story, they are crazy conspirators.

mmmm
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:22:16 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:11:32 PM, thett3 wrote:
Ahmed.M, do you honestly believe that the same government which cannot even balance a budget or successfully conquer Iraq can pull off the greatest terrorist heist in history without widespread detection?

There is widespread detection. I'd say most of America has at least some doubts about the official story. Nobody truly 100% believes the official story. Look at Obama trying to reinforce that there was no conspiracy on 9/11 and the amount of dislikes on the video. There are many many skeptics.

Also I'm not saying that there was a 100% conspiracy. What I'm saying is that the official story is very poor and weak. Since the official story is very weak this necessarily leads people to believe in a conspiracy.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:25:17 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:22:16 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

There is widespread detection. I'd say most of America has at least some doubts about the official story. Nobody truly 100% believes the official story. Look at Obama trying to reinforce that there was no conspiracy on 9/11 and the amount of dislikes on the video. There are many many skeptics.

Also I'm not saying that there was a 100% conspiracy. What I'm saying is that the official story is very poor and weak. Since the official story is very weak this necessarily leads people to believe in a conspiracy.

No it doesn't. It necessitates skepticism. Conspiracy theorizing is not skepticism.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:25:54 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:22:16 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

Nice skirting around the question. Like OMG 9/11 conspiracy supporters disliked a video? Wow. They must be right then. Ron Paul is clearly winning the Republican nomination as well, just look how vocal his supporters are online. Again answer, just yes or know: Do you believe that the patently incompetent American government could pull off the greatest terrorist heist with military precision and avoid detection from anyone of significance?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:38:37 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:25:17 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

No it doesn't. It necessitates skepticism. Conspiracy theorizing is not skepticism.

If there are missing links then naturally people will try to guess or show what actually happened. Similarly in science, when one disproves a theory he must substitute a better theory.
Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:40:34 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:25:54 PM, thett3 wrote:

Nice skirting around the question. Like OMG 9/11 conspiracy supporters disliked a video? Wow. They must be right then. Ron Paul is clearly winning the Republican nomination as well, just look how vocal his supporters are online. Again answer, just yes or know: Do you believe that the patently incompetent American government could pull off the greatest terrorist heist with military precision and avoid detection from anyone of significance?

Yes and the U.S government is not as incompetent as you think. They didn't avoid detection and they failed at pulling it off.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:42:15 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:40:34 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

Yes and the U.S government is not as incompetent as you think. They didn't avoid detection and they failed at pulling it off.

No, they avoided detection, as everyone thinks your acting crazy
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:42:38 PM
I fail to see how you think that killing Osama Bin Laden on sight is bad.

He friggen killed thousands of our people alone, I would have had him tortured in the worst possible ways for the rest of his life if it was up to me!

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:43:06 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:40:34 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

Well the WTC are gone and they had their little war, so I don't see how that's a failure to pull it off. What motivation did they have to invade Afghanistan, anyway?

And you're right--it's likely much more incompetent than either of us think. This is, again, the same government that thinks it can make everyone like us by killing and maiming people to spread "democracy".
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:44:11 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:42:15 PM, 16kadams wrote:

No, they avoided detection, as everyone thinks your acting crazy

Can you please watch the videos I showed and give an honest response on what you think of them?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:46:42 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:38:37 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:
At 4/21/2012 12:25:17 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

If there are missing links then naturally people will try to guess or show what actually happened. Similarly in science, when one disproves a theory he must substitute a better theory.

No, because your attitude is one of infalsifiability.

In science, the whole point is to disprove postulated theories.

Ahmed.M
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:46:43 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:42:38 PM, OberHerr wrote:

He friggen killed thousands of our people alone, I would have had him tortured in the worst possible ways for the rest of his life if it was up to me!

This shows how the U.S contradicts itself. First it is O.K to kill Osama since he was the bad guy then we respect his body and follow the Islamic ruling by throwing his body in the ocean?

"To respect Osama Bin Laden's death would contradict the U.S motives. Why would they shoot him immediately (disrespectful and unjust) without a trial then respect him by burying him?"
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:47:22 PM
At 4/21/2012 12:46:43 PM, Ahmed.M wrote:

This shows how the U.S contradicts itself. First it is O.K to kill Osama since he was the bad guy then we respect his body and follow the Islamic ruling by throwing his body in the ocean?

"To respect Osama Bin Laden's death would contradict the U.S motives. Why would they shoot him immediately (disrespectful and unjust) without a trial then respect him by burying him?"

They shot him because he was shooting at the marines. That's known as neutralizing a hostile.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:49:08 PM

They dumped his body in the Ocean so that his grave would not become a pilgrimage site for Jihadists.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 12:53:13 PM

The SEALs killed him because he was a threat, and because they had orders to take him alive, but don't risk yourself to do so.

Why they honored Muslim traditions to an extent was so there would be riots and stuff about him being mutilated or whatever, according to Muslims.

He was dropped off at sea so that his burial site wouldn't be place of honor for Jihadists.