Jump to topic:

The Acceptable Spectrum of Views & Debate

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 6:00:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate."

-- Noam Chomsky

The media is owned by the global elites. The global elites control the content of the media (for the most part). People on CNN and FOX treat unpopular opinions as if it's equivalent to Holocaust denial or faked moon landing. Try having a Libertarian viewpoint, try supporting civil liberties, try exposing government secrets, try having a different opinion on 911, try talking about anything unorthodox and you will get, shut down, interrupted, or ridiculed.

Why is Bilderberg never even mentioned by the media?

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 6:20:44 PM
I like that quote.
Reminds me of the Einstein quote
"Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance."
We aren't allowed to question a lot things.

This vid paints a pretty good picture of what's off limits. Rather than so much as listen to a different opinion, the guy walks off the set.
Nothing should ever not be allowed to be questioned.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 6:54:07 PM
At 4/23/2012 6:00:49 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
"The smart way to keep people passive and obedient is to strictly limit the spectrum of acceptable opinion, but allow very lively debate within that spectrum - even encourage the more critical and dissident views. That gives people the sense that there's free thinking going on, while all the time the presuppositions of the system are being reinforced by the limits put on the range of the debate."

-- Noam Chomsky

The media is owned by the global elites. The global elites control the content of the media (for the most part). People on CNN and FOX treat unpopular opinions as if it's equivalent to Holocaust denial or faked moon landing. Try having a Libertarian viewpoint,
I don't really watch FOX news, but I was flipping through the channels the other day, and FOX was promoting Libertarianism. They even said the founders were Libertarian; which shocked me because conservatives usually claim they were conservative.
The founders were actually split into 3 groups; classic liberals (Libertarians) like Jefferson, Conservatives like Madison, and Nationalists like Adams
Like when something from CNN or MSNBC catches my eye, I changed the channel shortly after.
try supporting civil liberties,
That's actually a popular view.
try exposing government secrets,
depends on if the knowledge is dangerous if fed to the public or not. Like a classified military file.
try having a different opinion on 911,
That's fine and dandy, but you have to be able to prove it, without speculation. Accusing our allies without proof beyond a reasonable doubt is wrong, and accusing the Executive branch without proof beyond a reasonable doubt is wrong.
No matter how many times a theory is disproved, conspiracy theorists continue to spew it anyways; that's what makes them conspiracy nuts.
try talking about anything unorthodox and you will get, shut down, interrupted, or ridiculed.

Here is an idea, try backing up unorthodox views with proof, and facts.
Conspiracy nuts always jump on conspiracy bandwagons because fiction is more interesting than facts. One can believe in conspiracies without being a conspiracy nut; you just have to have enough valid evidence.

Because it's pure speculation, and they can get sued for slander. That's why the history channel has a disclaimer when they talk about such conspiracy, that they are not endorsing the claims.

"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 7:51:29 PM
At 4/23/2012 6:54:07 PM, DanT wrote:

-- Noam Chomsky

The media is owned by the global elites. The global elites control the content of the media (for the most part). People on CNN and FOX treat unpopular opinions as if it's equivalent to Holocaust denial or faked moon landing. Try having a Libertarian viewpoint,
I don't really watch FOX news, but I was flipping through the channels the other day, and FOX was promoting Libertarianism. They even said the founders were Libertarian; which shocked me because conservatives usually claim they were conservative.

Yea, "Libertarianism"is becoming trendy now because of the Tea Party and the GOP race (which was shaped by Ron Paul). But they are clueless. They probably think Reagan is consistent with Libertarianism. You will never hear them touting Rothbard, Bakunin, or Locke.

The founders were actually split into 3 groups; classic liberals (Libertarians) like Jefferson, Conservatives like Madison, and Nationalists like Adams
Like when something from CNN or MSNBC catches my eye, I changed the channel shortly after.

I don't see anyone on Fox or CNN supporting legalized nudity, legalized drugs, or legalized prostitution.

depends on if the knowledge is dangerous if fed to the public or not.

It's dangerous to the secret, corrupt operations of a global fascist dictatorship.

Like a classified military file.
That's fine and dandy, but you have to be able to prove it, without speculation. Accusing our allies without proof beyond a reasonable doubt is wrong, and accusing the Executive branch without proof beyond a reasonable doubt is wrong.

Who said anything about accusations? What about questioning the official story which the 911 Commission Chair already admitted that the government made an agreement to lie about the official story?

No matter how many times a theory is disproved, conspiracy theorists continue to spew it anyways; that's what makes them conspiracy nuts.

So the mantra goes of the mind-slaves.

try talking about anything unorthodox and you will get, shut down, interrupted, or ridiculed.

Conspiracy experts have already done so. See Alex Jones, see Jesse Ventura, see David Icke's 25 years of research, or Michael Tsarion's 30 years of research.

Conspiracy nuts always jump on conspiracy bandwagons

There is no bandwagon.

because fiction is more interesting than facts.

I think you got it wrong. It's "truth is stranger than fiction."

One can believe in conspiracies without being a conspiracy nut; you just have to have enough valid evidence.

It's easy to say "you have no valid evidence." It's even harder to actually look at the extensive research.

Because it's pure speculation,

See, your mind has already been molded to believe this blatant falsehood. The Bilderberg Group exists and this is 100% pure, verifiable fact. One simple Google search will show you that.

and they can get sued for slander.

Presumes that Bilderberg claims are false. And since when does the media care about integrity. Look at all the lies they spout and look at how they tried to slander Ron Paul.

That's why the history channel has a disclaimer when they talk about such conspiracy, that they are not endorsing the claims.

History Channel is very good at almost exposing truths and then adds just enough spin to discredit it.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/23/2012 9:19:57 PM
At 4/23/2012 7:51:29 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 4/23/2012 6:54:07 PM, DanT wrote:

-- Noam Chomsky

Yea, "Libertarianism"is becoming trendy now because of the Tea Party and the GOP race (which was shaped by Ron Paul). But they are clueless. They probably think Reagan is consistent with Libertarianism. You will never hear them touting Rothbard, Bakunin, or Locke.

Actually I read a blog where the blogger was attacking Beck for equating John Locke's trinity to the rights mentioned in the declaration of independence.

I don't see anyone on Fox or CNN supporting legalized nudity, legalized drugs, or legalized prostitution.

That's because it does not match the conservative or progressive ideologies; both feel that all 3 degrade society.
Those are Classic Liberal, or Anarchist views.

depends on if the knowledge is dangerous if fed to the public or not.

It's dangerous to the secret, corrupt operations of a global fascist dictatorship.

What the F*** are you talking about?
Like a classified military file.

Who said anything about accusations? What about questioning the official story which the 911 Commission Chair already admitted that the government made an agreement to lie about the official story?

When did they do that?

So the mantra goes of the mind-slaves.

So if something is disproved it should still be believed?

Conspiracy experts have already done so. See Alex Jones, see Jesse Ventura, see David Icke's 25 years of research, or Michael Tsarion's 30 years of research.

There is no such thing as an "conspiracy expert"; there are people who obsess over conspiracy theories, and there are experts on specific subjects that a conspiracy may involve (like finances, or the military).
Conspiracy nuts always jump on conspiracy bandwagons

There is no bandwagon.

yes there is
because fiction is more interesting than facts.

I think you got it wrong. It's "truth is stranger than fiction."

So you think Porphyria is more interesting than vampires?

strange =/= interesting

fiction is more interesting than facts. That's why so many people cling to scriptures when facts point the other direction.

One can believe in conspiracies without being a conspiracy nut; you just have to have enough valid evidence.

It's easy to say "you have no valid evidence." It's even harder to actually look at the extensive research.

I have looked ay the "research", and I found found them invalid, fallacious, bias and disproved.

Because it's pure speculation,

See, your mind has already been molded to believe this blatant falsehood.

Why because I demand proof, not speculation?

The Bilderberg Group exists and this is 100% pure, verifiable fact. One simple Google search will show you that.

Just because a group exists does not mean what people claim the group does behind close doors is true.

and they can get sued for slander.

Presumes that Bilderberg claims are false.

There is no evidence that they are true.

And since when does the media care about integrity. Look at all the lies they spout and look at how they tried to slander Ron Paul.

misdirection =/= lies
There is a difference between lying and being bias

That's why the history channel has a disclaimer when they talk about such conspiracy, that they are not endorsing the claims.

History Channel is very good at almost exposing truths and then adds just enough spin to discredit it.

LMAO you are hilarious.

Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 3:21:32 AM

-- Noam Chomsky

The media is owned by the global elites. The global elites control the content of the media (for the most part). People on CNN and FOX treat unpopular opinions as if it's equivalent to Holocaust denial or faked moon landing. Try having a Libertarian viewpoint, try supporting civil liberties, try exposing government secrets, try having a different opinion on 911, try talking about anything unorthodox and you will get, shut down, interrupted, or ridiculed.

Can you please tell me who exactly is "the media"? How does one group of "elites" come to own it?

"The media" does not talk much about these theories because most people are smart enough to see how flawed they are, therefore any media outlet who supports this stuff will lose credibility. It is the thought process of the people that shape what the media covers and how, not the other way around. Of course conspiracy theorists will never believe that, in their minds they are always smarter then everyone else.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 9:59:43 AM
At 4/24/2012 3:21:32 AM, Double_R wrote:

-- Noam Chomsky

Can you please tell me who exactly is "the media"? How does one group of "elites" come to own it?

"The media" does not talk much about these theories because most people are smart enough to see how flawed they are, therefore any media outlet who supports this stuff will lose credibility. It is the thought process of the people that shape what the media covers and how, not the other way around. Of course conspiracy theorists will never believe that, in their minds they are always smarter then everyone else.

This
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:40:44 AM
At 4/24/2012 3:21:32 AM, Double_R wrote:

The media are owned by the following multi billion dollar companies
Viacom
News Corp
GE
Disney Co.
Time Warner

There aren't conspiracy theories the media doesn't cover, there are actual major events that the media refuses to cover both sides of. Jesse Ventura is right when he says the U.S. media is simply a propaganda machine for the govt. We'll show gaddafi's bullet ridden body over and over again but can't show the flag draped coffins of our young men who are dying in these mindless wars.
Without the media's lopsided coverage of war the American people wouldn't stand for it.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
CrazyPerson
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 11:50:27 AM
Oh, the paradox of debate. Trying to prove a side, when proving things is impossible.
But we try to pretend, you see, that the external world exists altogether independently of us.
- - - Watts
The moralist is the person who tells people that they ought to be unselfish, when they still feel like egos, and his efforts are always and invariably futile.
- - - Watts
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/24/2012 12:46:53 PM
At 4/24/2012 11:40:44 AM, lewis20 wrote:
The media are owned by the following multi billion dollar companies
Viacom
News Corp
GE
Disney Co.
Time Warner

There aren't conspiracy theories the media doesn't cover, there are actual major events that the media refuses to cover both sides of. Jesse Ventura is right when he says the U.S. media is simply a propaganda machine for the govt. We'll show gaddafi's bullet ridden body over and over again but can't show the flag draped coffins of our young men who are dying in these mindless wars.
Without the media's lopsided coverage of war the American people wouldn't stand for it.

So are you telling me that every news paper, every news channel, and every single time an American watches their "local news at 10", the news station is owned by one of these companies? What about the BBC, or any other news paper, or channel around the world? Do you believe the "elites" control them all?

People want to see Gaddafi's body, they do not want to see flag draped coffins. If you don't believe that then pull up some videos on youtube and see how many hits you will find on each, or is youtube owned by the elites as well?

Conspiracy theorists will never understand how this stuff works because they do not understand the real world. People do what is in their best interest. Putting a roof over their head and food on their table usually comes first. All media outlets are a business like any other. They cover stories the people want to know about because the more interest their stories generate the more money they make. It's that simple. But you will always have your small group who will believe this stuff, and for those you need someone to make money off of them. That's where Alex Jones comes in.