Jon Huntsman Compares GOP to Communist Party

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:14:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...

The one sane GOP candidate that was actually running and had a real possibility of actually winning the general election compared the GOP to the Communist Party, unlike a GOP congressman who compared Progressives in Congress (cough) to the Communist Party.

Huntsman had an opportunity to win over some Democrats if he was given the chance, said Michael Moore on CNN.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:15:13 PM
That makes no sense.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:15:42 PM
They're both wrong, the reds are actually hiding out in the tea party. Death to the tea party!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:19:00 PM
At 4/25/2012 10:15:42 PM, thett3 wrote:
They're both wrong, the reds are actually hiding out in the tea party. Death to the tea party!

+10000000
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:22:45 PM
You're all wrong! Your mother is a red! Your brother is a red! Tell the state who the reds are! We'll have Big Brother arrest and kill the reds! Those reds are restricting liberty and creating a big government!
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/25/2012 10:23:53 PM
Talk to Rahm Emanuel Huntsman, I think you're confusing communism for... partisan politics.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 1:27:31 AM
If Huntsman were going up again Obama in 2012, I might have considered voting GOP.

As it stands, Huntsman is far too sane to win Republican primaries.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 1:45:38 AM
At 4/25/2012 10:19:00 PM, Contra wrote:

+10000000

^Above doesn't realize that thett3 was joking.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 7:31:33 AM
At 4/26/2012 1:45:38 AM, darkkermit wrote:
At 4/25/2012 10:19:00 PM, Contra wrote:

+10000000

^Above doesn't realize that thett3 was joking.

I know that he was ^

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 12:04:03 PM
Communism has lost all meaning. Nobody seems to know what it means anymore. Hell even advocates for communism seem to lack basic understanding for what it really is.

Communism is the communal/public/state ownership of all capital. What is capital? your house is capital, your land is capital, your car is capital, your couch is capital, your computer is capital, your blender is capital, your dog is capital, your money is capital, and people are capital.
Anything that can can be used to make money is capital, anything that can be used to create a product is capital, anything that can be sold is capital, and anything that can be used to provide a service is capital.

By making all capital public, one makes all land public, one makes all buildings public, one makes all industries public, one makes all people/workers public, and one makes everything one owns public.

In communism you own nothing, you don't even own yourself. Women are communal, because communists see sex as a service that should benefit the community. Children are raised communally, because the concept of "my child" denotes individual ownership. In communism there is no individual, there is only the united, the community, society, the collective is all that exists in communism.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 12:44:08 PM
At 4/26/2012 1:27:31 AM, Wnope wrote:
If Huntsman were going up again Obama in 2012, I might have considered voting GOP.

What positions did Huntsman hold that you liked?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 12:53:07 PM
At 4/26/2012 12:44:08 PM, lewis20 wrote:

His take on foreign policy especially as it relates to China. Believing in global warming. Pro-DREAM and increased H-1B visas. Pro-civil union. Lowering corporate taxes without eliminating them. He even took out some of Utah's weird liquor laws even though he doesn't drink.

Doesn't mean I love all his stances. Also, at the end of the day, I probably would still have chose Obama over Huntsman.

However, no other GOP candidate has even made me consider crossing party lines.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 1:32:32 PM
At 4/26/2012 12:53:07 PM, Wnope wrote:

His take on foreign policy especially as it relates to China. Believing in global warming. Pro-DREAM and increased H-1B visas. Pro-civil union. Lowering corporate taxes without eliminating them. He even took out some of Utah's weird liquor laws even though he doesn't drink.

Doesn't mean I love all his stances. Also, at the end of the day, I probably would still have chose Obama over Huntsman.

So you liked him for very, very minor details within his positions?
Also, did he have a specific foreign policy for China or was he simply the ambassador which automatically translates to a "good" foreign policy?

Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 1:46:23 PM
At 4/26/2012 1:32:32 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Also, did he have a specific foreign policy for China or was he simply the ambassador which automatically translates to a "good" foreign policy?

He was the only GOP nominee that wasn't calling for an immediate economic cold war on China. Even Mitt seems fascinated with the idea of antagonizing the Chinese over their currency in the most public, least face-saving manner available.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 2:01:17 PM
At 4/26/2012 1:46:23 PM, Wnope wrote:

He was the only GOP nominee that wasn't calling for an immediate economic cold war on China. Even Mitt seems fascinated with the idea of antagonizing the Chinese over their currency in the most public, least face-saving manner available.

Isn't China devaluing their currency actually a real problem for the US?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 2:41:59 PM
At 4/26/2012 1:46:23 PM, Wnope wrote:

Ron Paul wasn't calling for economic war.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 3:04:38 PM
The GOP is made of statists just as much as the Democrats, so if you extrapolate from there that full state control, if it were achieved in this country, would only be abetted by these parties, then he is semi-correct. But, both parties suck.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 5:01:54 PM

I agree. Hunstman also has executive experience (doesn't matter much though) as well as political experience as governor (which was 1st in job creation) and he also has vast foreign policy experience with China. But the issues above made him more appealing, including his trade policy ideas, and his opposition to partisanship. I would still likely choose Obama though, but Obama would have to become somewhat more liberal for me to be more enthused.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 5:29:35 PM

He was also to the left of crazy.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 6:26:57 PM
At 4/26/2012 5:29:35 PM, Contra wrote:

Please, by all means enlighten me.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 6:44:22 PM

Exact reason why he was not on the Republican ticket, and had no chance from the start.

If a Democrat likes him almost as much as Obama, thats very telling.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 7:32:38 PM
At 4/26/2012 6:26:57 PM, lewis20 wrote:

Conservatives claim to be Pro-Life, yet oppose prenatal care for low-income mothers which lowers the infant mortality rate.

Conservatives want to want to prevent the death of fetuses for mothers who don't want them, and don't want to prevent the death of fetuses when mothers do want them.

Plus, Conservatives support capital punishment, that isn't pro-life.

Conservatives want to eliminate regulatory agencies that protect the public, but want to increase the budgets for the military and prisons because they provide protections.

Conservatives want to seek tort reform, which would go against state's rights to determine tort laws.

Most Republicans believe in Jesus, who was poor and healed the sick for free, but think we should protect the rich and that free health care is wrong.

Republicans support prayer in school, as long as your kids aren't subjected to Muslim prayers.

Conservatives believe that Fox News is the ONLY news station in the world to be right and is actually fair and balanced.

Conservatives think Obama got elected because every black person voted for him not knowing that America is only 10% black and 66% white.

Republicans want to protect our children's future by lowering the debt but want to end their health care and reduce the funding to their schools, ending school sports and ending lunch programs for needy children.

Conservatives claim to be against government control, but conservatives want to tell you what you can and can't put into your own body. Republicans want to control which video games you play, who you sleep with, what movies you watch, censor the radio, force Christianity and all of its values onto everyone, they want to arrest dying people in hospitals for doing medical marijuana.

Conservatives give Bush getting credit for the killing of Bin Ladin and Rick Perry championing his states balanced budget, using stimulus money, then slamming the stimulus bill as unconstitutional...just for quick couple of examples of this same "logic"(there are countless more).

Conservatives act like taxes are "out of control" when US taxation is low compared to other industrialized nations.

Conservatives oppose universal health care, in which everybody who needs care gets it regardless of their income, and their position is impossible to defend logically and morally, but still claim to be for family values.

Conservatives act like government control is bad but wish for more police and jails to be built to put people away in them. Or a larger military and 'reasonable' social programs where people on food stamps can only buy oatmeal and gruel but no steak.........that's not too much government control.

Republicans act like Obama increased the deficit, in reality Obama has cut the deficit by over a hundred billion dollars.

Republicans act like we should maximize freedom, but want to control what we do with our personal lives.

Republicans don't usually don't like to be confronted with real facts.

(I interchanged conservative with Republican).

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:09:05 PM
At 4/26/2012 7:32:38 PM, Contra wrote:

Republicans act like Obama increased the deficit, in reality Obama has cut the deficit by over a hundred billion dollars.

There's my favorite, I'll bet even Obama would disagree with that one.

UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:10:20 PM

This.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/26/2012 8:15:23 PM
At 4/26/2012 8:09:05 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 4/26/2012 7:32:38 PM, Contra wrote:

There's my favorite, I'll bet even Obama would disagree with that one.

The fiscal year that Obama inherited had a $1.3 trillion dollar deficit. The first fiscal year under Obama (Sept. 2008 onwards) had a similar deficit. Now the deficit is $1.1 trillion (still too high though regardless).

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 6:37:39 PM
At 4/26/2012 8:10:20 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

This.

+10