Jump to topic:

Karl Marx was anti-Semitic

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 9:43:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Karl Marx was anti-Semitic. Here are some quotes that proves it.

"The Jews of Poland are the smeariest of all races." (Neue Rheinische Zeitung, April 29, 1849)

"Ramsgate is full of Jews and fleas." (MEKOR IV, 490, August 25, 1879)

"What is the object of the Jew's worship in this world? Usury. What is his worldly god? Money."("A World Without Jews," p. 37)

"Money is the zealous one God of Israel, beside which no other God may stand. Money degrades all the gods of mankind and turns them into commodities. Money is the universal and self-constituted value set upon all things. It has therefore robbed the whole world, of both nature and man, of its original value. Money is the essence of man's life and work, which have become alienated from him. This alien monster rules him and he worships it."("A World Without Jews," p. 41)

"The God of the Jews has become secularized and is now a worldly God. The bill of exchange is the Jew's real God. His God is the illusory bill of exchange." ("A World Without Jews," p. 41)
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:13:04 AM
You took what happened out of context, I am sure.

Anyways, many of your "great" American demigods were racist and Anti-Semitic.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:15:05 AM
You do realize that the reason most nations supported Israel after WW2 is that they were racist and did not think that the refugees from the death camps were humans worthy of aid?
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:17:49 AM
At 4/27/2012 9:43:36 AM, DanT wrote:
Karl Marx was anti-Semitic. Here are some quotes that proves it.

"The Jews of Poland are the smeariest of all races." (Neue Rheinische Zeitung, April 29, 1849)

"Ramsgate is full of Jews and fleas." (MEKOR IV, 490, August 25, 1879)

"What is the object of the Jew's worship in this world? Usury. What is his worldly god? Money."("A World Without Jews," p. 37)

"Money is the zealous one God of Israel, beside which no other God may stand. Money degrades all the gods of mankind and turns them into commodities. Money is the universal and self-constituted value set upon all things. It has therefore robbed the whole world, of both nature and man, of its original value. Money is the essence of man's life and work, which have become alienated from him. This alien monster rules him and he worships it."("A World Without Jews," p. 41)

"The God of the Jews has become secularized and is now a worldly God. The bill of exchange is the Jew's real God. His God is the illusory bill of exchange." ("A World Without Jews," p. 41)

Nope, was himself an ethnic jew, and also his bestfriend Engals was homophobic. :P But does it really matter? That was the way of thinking back then. For example, Stalin and Mao were homophobic and anti-semetic.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:20:03 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:15:05 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You do realize that the reason most nations supported Israel after WW2 is that they were racist and did not think that the refugees from the death camps were humans worthy of aid?

No, that was the reason Stalin supported it, the rest supported it because they were Christians and the Bible demands that Christians support the Jews.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:20:55 AM
You need to view it in its historical context. I'm reading Nietzsche right now, and that time period is very essentialist - obviously we can't excuse all of Marx's comments and as 21st century readers we need to be aware of that, but it's not particularly damaging. Many of those quotes seem to be from before Marx became a communist, and were written in the 1840s indicating a younger Marx.

You can find so many anti-semetic, misogynist, and racist quotes if you dig in to 19th century philosophy (trust me, I'm in a course on it now) and you really just need to acknowledge it. No one escapes this writing, not Hegel, Kant, Schopenhauer, Nietzsche, Marx, virtually no one. You start making distinctions about whether someone was a racial essentialist vs. a Nazi.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:24:12 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:20:03 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

No, that was the reason Stalin supported it, the rest supported it because they were Christians and the Bible demands that Christians support the Jews.

LOL, where does the Bible make any such demands? That is nonsense that a liar taught you. In the Middle Ages, Christians used to persecute Jews for "killing Jesus"; the Inquisition was a means of eradicating Judaism. Christians have abused Jews and placed them in ghettos throughout European History.

Actually, that is completely false. The U.S. even turned away a refugee boat filled with Jews who escaped the death camps because the U.S. was filled with Anti-Semites.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:33:01 AM
Karl Marx wrong a book called "World Without Jews"?

If that's the case, then the rest is redundant, but thanks for pointing that out.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:38:47 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:33:01 AM, Ren wrote:
Karl Marx wrong a book called "World Without Jews"?

If that's the case, then the rest is redundant, but thanks for pointing that out.

Apparently the title was mistranslated and the work itself is certainly not Marx calling for genocide, but rather a greater degree of involvement among Jews in leftist politics.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:44:44 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:24:12 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 4/27/2012 10:20:03 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

LOL, where does the Bible make any such demands? That is nonsense that a liar taught you. In the Middle Ages, Christians used to persecute Jews for "killing Jesus"; the Inquisition was a means of eradicating Judaism. Christians have abused Jews and placed them in ghettos throughout European History.

Actually, that is completely false. The U.S. even turned away a refugee boat filled with Jews who escaped the death camps because the U.S. was filled with Anti-Semites.

http://www.internationalwallofprayer.org...

http://voices.yahoo.com...

http://www.christianssupportingisrael.com...

http://www.jesus-is-lord.com...
And the majority of America was Christian including the President.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:48:16 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:02:42 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Marx had Jewish ancestry.

Does not mean he was not anti-Semitic; the term is self-hating Jew. Hitler had Jewish ancestry as well.
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:49:15 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:48:16 AM, DanT wrote:

Does not mean he was not anti-Semitic; the term is self-hating Jew. Hitler had Jewish ancestry as well.

Hasn't been proven..

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:49:48 AM

Evidence?
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:51:46 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:20:55 AM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
You need to view it in its historical context. I'm reading Nietzsche right now, and that time period is very essentialist - obviously we can't excuse all of Marx's comments and as 21st century readers we need to be aware of that, but it's not particularly damaging. Many of those quotes seem to be from before Marx became a communist, and were written in the 1840s indicating a younger Marx.

A.) The communist Manifesto was published in 1848
B.) Karl Marx was born in 1818, so he wasn't that young
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 10:52:02 AM

Fine, just be aware that you could do this with virtually all the major 19th century thinkers.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 11:04:38 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:49:48 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Evidence?

According to DNA tests Hitler had Jewish ancestry
http://www.huffingtonpost.com...

Adolf Hitler's father was born Alois Schicklgruber. According to Baptism records Alois Schicklgruber's father was filed as "illegitimate", and many believe Alois's father was Jewish.
http://history1900s.about.com...

When Hitler came to power he forged his ancestral history in order to legitimately hold public office. This proves that Hitler knew he did not have pure German ancestry.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 11:06:49 AM
At 4/27/2012 10:49:15 AM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:

Hasn't been proven..

DNA does not lie
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 11:34:42 AM
At 4/27/2012 11:04:38 AM, DanT wrote:

Evidence?

Adolf Hitler's father was born Alois Schicklgruber. According to Baptism records Alois Schicklgruber's father was filed as "illegitimate", and many believe Alois's father was Jewish.

When Hitler came to power he forged his ancestral history in order to legitimately hold public office.

He did not purge the data, he redefined the word "Aryan" to include himself, which is inevitable bearing in mind he didn't meet the requirements before the "Jewish test".

This proves that Hitler knew he did not have pure German ancestry.

And I guess that Obama hiding his birth certificate proves he's actually a french farmer who spent his days working to topple the libyan regime? And that if we lose the geneological records of Nick Clegg, he is now the cousin of Bin Laden?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 12:08:29 PM
At 4/27/2012 11:34:42 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 4/27/2012 11:04:38 AM, DanT wrote:

Evidence?

When Hitler came to power he forged his ancestral history in order to legitimately hold public office.

He did not purge the data, he redefined the word "Aryan" to include himself, which is inevitable bearing in mind he didn't meet the requirements before the "Jewish test".

His family tree was suppressed
This proves that Hitler knew he did not have pure German ancestry.

And I guess that Obama hiding his birth certificate proves he's actually a french farmer who spent his days working to topple the libyan regime? And that if we lose the geneological records of Nick Clegg, he is now the cousin of Bin Laden?
So you believe Obama deliberately suppressed his Birth certificate?
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 12:55:50 PM

Not only ancestry. Both of his parents were jewish. His father converted to Christianity when his Judaism would have interfered with his standing as a successful lawyer. I think Marx was already alive when his father converted. Marx was actually descended from a long line of rabbis.

I haven't really read this thread yet or the supposed evidence for his anti-semitism, but if he did indeed hate Jews, it was more of a self hatred... and the probability is that an intellectual such as Marx (disagree profoundly with Marxism but the dude was intelligent) who argued for the emancipation of ALL workers regardless of nationality or creed, who hated nationalistic divides, and who as an atheist, hated the Jewish religion from an intellectual perspective.... Not a racist one.

I will read and consider the evidence but I strongly doubt he was anti-Semitic a we understand the term. Again, Marx was Jewish intellectual atheist who came from a long line of rabbis and who didn't discriminate in workers based on creed or nationality - any perceived anti-semitism on his part was probably an intellectual disagreement with Judaism more so than racism or bigotry.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 3:17:41 PM
At 4/27/2012 12:55:50 PM, jat93 wrote:

Not only ancestry. Both of his parents were jewish. His father converted to Christianity when his Judaism would have interfered with his standing as a successful lawyer. I think Marx was already alive when his father converted. Marx was actually descended from a long line of rabbis.

I haven't really read this thread yet or the supposed evidence for his anti-semitism, but if he did indeed hate Jews, it was more of a self hatred... and the probability is that an intellectual such as Marx (disagree profoundly with Marxism but the dude was intelligent) who argued for the emancipation of ALL workers regardless of nationality or creed, who hated nationalistic divides, and who as an atheist, hated the Jewish religion from an intellectual perspective.... Not a racist one.

I will read and consider the evidence but I strongly doubt he was anti-Semitic a we understand the term. Again, Marx was Jewish intellectual atheist who came from a long line of rabbis and who didn't discriminate in workers based on creed or nationality - any perceived anti-semitism on his part was probably an intellectual disagreement with Judaism more so than racism or bigotry.

Don't think it was solely a religious thing.

"The Jews of Poland are the smeariest of all races." ~ Karl Marx, Neue Rheinische Zeitung, April 29, 1849

"Ramsgate is full of Jews and fleas." ~ Karl Marx, MEKOR IV, 490, August 25, 1879
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 3:29:38 PM
I thought it was common knowledge that Hitler was Jewish. You guys fail.

Not only is he Jewish but strong evidence suggests he is a Rothschild.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 5:24:43 PM
At 4/27/2012 3:29:38 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Lemme guess.

Hitler decided to go with the Holocaust due to his connections with Rothschilds and their orgs?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 5:26:33 PM
Why does this matter? I am no fan of Marx, but this is just an Ad hominem attack.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 5:34:10 PM
At 4/27/2012 5:24:43 PM, Wnope wrote:

Lemme guess.

Hitler decided to go with the Holocaust due to his connections with Rothschilds and their orgs?

Yes, it was a Jewish conspiracy.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/27/2012 5:35:06 PM
At 4/27/2012 5:24:43 PM, Wnope wrote:

Lemme guess.

Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati Illuminati
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...