Total Posts:66|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Are you a Tory? Take this test to find out.

brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 7:03:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Question 1

A. Health care should be made available according to need rather than ability to pay.
B. Users should pay for their own health treatment, not the taxpayers.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 2

A. The state should fund high quality education so that all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
B. If parents' want their children to receive superior education they should pay for it themselves: if they can't afford it; that's just too bad.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 3

A. We all have a duty to pay our fair share of tax.
B. All tax is theft.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 4

A. It is good to give a helping hand to those in need.
B. Greed is good.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 5

A. The government has a moral responsibility to support the most vulnerable members of society.
B. It has always been about 'survival of the fittest and let the devil take the hindmost', and that's the way it should stay.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 6

A. The homeless should be given shelter and food.
B. Charities that encourage homelessness by providing free shelter and food should be prevented from doing so.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 7

A. The British people have the right to roam in the British countryside.
B. Most of the British countryside is private property and proverty property must be reserved for the sole enjoyment of the landowner.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 8

A. Health and safety legislation is necessary to protect employees from dangerous working practices.
B. Health and safety legislation places an unnecessary financial burden on businesses and makes them uncompetitive in the global marketplace.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 9

A. Children's play areas in public parks should be accessible free of charge.
B. Children's play areas in public parks should be subject to entrance fees to prevent children from affluent areas mixing with children from less desirable areas.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 10

A. The banking industry should be regulated to prevent a repeat of the major economic damage caused in 2007/8.
B. Regulating the banking industry would inhibit free market capitalism and drive wealth creators abroad.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 11

A. The burden of economic austerity measures intended to reduce the budget deficit should be shared by all sections of society.
B. The burden of economic austerity measures intended to reduce the budget deficit should be shared by all sections of society, except the rich. Actually, the rich should get tax cuts to make them even richer.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 12

A. Big businesses and high net worth individuals should not be allowed to influence government policy in exchange for political donations.
B. The cash for favours system is a legitimate method of funding political parties and is better than obliging the taxpayer to do so.
C. Neither of the above.

Scoring

Each A answer = 0 points
Each B answer = 3 points
Each C answer = 1 point

Results

0 - 6 points = You seem to be a kind and considerate individual with a well-developed sense of social justice: you are not a Tory and probably never will be.

6 – 24 points = It would appear that you are harbouring some right-wing sentiments but are basically a decent, caring person and are not really nasty enough to vote Conservative.

24 - 36 points = It is very likely that you agree with Margaret Thatcher's assertion that "there's no such thing as society" and believe that nothing has any value unless it can be measured in terms of pounds, shillings and pence. You probably also think poor people are scum and wish that they'd all just go away and die. There's also a high probability that you are cruel to animals. In short, you are not a very nice person: you are a Tory.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:32:36 AM
your questions are written in a bias manner, as are your results.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 11:56:22 AM
alright, i'm just going to stop the test midway through, because who the hell am i kidding. I'll end up being a tory.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 11:57:16 AM
for goodness sake i had Margeret Thatcher's quote on my signature for the longest time. And i'm not even British.
Open borders debate:
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 12:09:33 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:32:36 AM, DanT wrote:

No, I'm completely impartial.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 12:24:11 PM
At 5/1/2012 12:09:33 PM, brian_eggleston wrote:

Question #11

Question 11

A. The burden of economic austerity measures intended to reduce the budget deficit should be shared by all sections of society.
B. The burden of economic austerity measures intended to reduce the budget deficit should be shared by all sections of society, except the rich. Actually, the rich should get tax cuts to make them even richer.
C. Neither of the above.

Most conservatives believe that the flat tax system is considered all sections of society doing their part to the budget. Very little people seriously believes that the rich shouldn't pay any taxes. However, conservatives would say that a progressive tax system is an unfair system, since the rich have to pay more of their percentage of money then the rest of society.
Open borders debate:
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 12:35:30 PM

"You probably also think poor people are scum and wish that they'd all just go away and die. There's also a high probability that you are cruel to animals. In short, you are not a very nice person: you are a Tory."

Does not sound impartial to me.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 12:37:20 PM
At 5/1/2012 12:35:30 PM, DanT wrote:

"You probably also think poor people are scum and wish that they'd all just go away and die. There's also a high probability that you are cruel to animals. In short, you are not a very nice person: you are a Tory."

Does not sound impartial to me.

hahahaha

You guys are silly
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
UnStupendousMan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 12:53:08 PM
At 5/1/2012 7:03:18 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Question 1

A. Health care should be made available according to need rather than ability to pay.
C. Neither of the above.

Ideally, health care is both not paid for by the taxpayers and it's based on need rather than ability to pay. However, this is not Perfect Perfectionland I choose A because people shouldn't be denied heath care based on their ability to pay.

Question 2

A. The state should fund high quality education so that all children have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
B. If parents' want their children to receive superior education they should pay for it themselves: if they can't afford it; that's just too bad.
C. Neither of the above.

A good education is the foundation of many modern societies today. I'm going to choose A.

Question 3

B. All tax is theft.
C. Neither of the above.

A. If you don't contribute to your country, then you shoudn't have the country helping you.

Question 4

B. Greed is good.
C. Neither of the above.

Biased question. Both greed and giving are good; in a capatalistic society, the drive to want more creates entrepeneurship. However, helping those in need is a standard human courtesey. I choose C.

Question 5

A. The government has a moral responsibility to support the most vulnerable members of society.
B. It has always been about 'survival of the fittest and let the devil take the hindmost', and that's the way it should stay.
C. Neither of the above.

Meritocracy is good. And this question is biased. I'm choosing C.

Question 6

B. Charities that encourage homelessness by providing free shelter and food should be prevented from doing so.
C. Neither of the above.

Another biased question. I'm choosing A.

Question 7

B. Most of the British countryside is private property and proverty property must be reserved for the sole enjoyment of the landowner.
C. Neither of the above.

C.

Question 8

A. Health and safety legislation is necessary to protect employees from dangerous working practices.
B. Health and safety legislation places an unnecessary financial burden on businesses and makes them uncompetitive in the global marketplace.
C. Neither of the above.

Is there a 'both' option? Because I would choose it here. In spite of that, I'm choosing C.

Question 9

B. Children's play areas in public parks should be subject to entrance fees to prevent children from affluent areas mixing with children from less desirable areas.
C. Neither of the above.

A. Otherwise, it's discrimination.

Question 10

A. The banking industry should be regulated to prevent a repeat of the major economic damage caused in 2007/8.
B. Regulating the banking industry would inhibit free market capitalism and drive wealth creators abroad.
C. Neither of the above.

A.

Question 11

C. Neither of the above.

A. I think that this is another biased question.

Question 12

A. Big businesses and high net worth individuals should not be allowed to influence government policy in exchange for political donations.
B. The cash for favours system is a legitimate method of funding political parties and is better than obliging the taxpayer to do so.
C. Neither of the above.

IDK. C.

Scoring

Each A answer = 0 points
Each B answer = 3 points
Each C answer = 1 point

I got a five.

Results

0 - 6 points = You seem to be a kind and considerate individual with a well-developed sense of social justice: you are not a Tory and probably never will be.

Yay! However, the quiz seemed very biased. Or is that just me?
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:02:12 PM
At 5/1/2012 12:53:08 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:

Absolutely just you. In no way is it biased.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:22:37 PM
At 5/1/2012 1:02:12 PM, M.Torres wrote:

It's bias as all hell; don't kid yourself
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:26:55 PM
At 5/1/2012 1:22:37 PM, DanT wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about. That's a completely fair evaluation. No bias at all.

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:32:05 PM

It's probably one of the most objective tests I have ever seen.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:40:33 PM

It's as biased as all hell; don't kid yourself

One of my pet peeves. Also the test is completely objective. I believe it to be totally fair.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:44:16 PM
Question 1

C. Neither of the above.

B
Question 2

C. Neither of the above.

C
Question 3

B. All tax is theft.
C. Neither of the above.

If by fair share, you mean proportionate to their income, than yes I'm for a flat tax. If by fair share, you mean a tax that favors the poor (unfair by definition), than I would have to go with C.
Direct taxes, such as an income tax, would be theft in my opinion, but indirect taxes such as sales taxes are not theft.
Question 4

B. Greed is good.
C. Neither of the above.

If by A you mean social welfare, than I would have to go with C.
If by A you mean charity, than I would have to go with A.
Conservatives don't believe "greed is good", they belief "redistribution of wealth is bad" there is a difference.
Question 5

C. Neither of the above.

The governments role is to protect the life, liberty, and property of the people, so I will have to go with B
Question 6

C. Neither of the above.

I never heard a conservative argue for B, and I'm sure by A you mean social welfare so I'm going with C.

Question 7

C. Neither of the above.

B, property rights should be proptected
Question 8

C. Neither of the above.

A, but not to the extent that B becomes correct.

Question 9

C. Neither of the above.

Never heard a conservative propose B, and I'm gonna have to go with C. I don't think there should be public parks, I think there should be private parks accessible to the public as a way to attract customers to nearby businesses.
Question 10

C. Neither of the above.

B
Question 11

C. Neither of the above.

Not the purpose of tax cuts, tax cuts are to reduce the tax burden on the rich, who already pay the most in taxes, so that they can hire more people.
By A, I'm sure you don't mean to evenly distribute the burden, so I'm going with C
Question 12

C. Neither of the above.

C.
Scoring

Each A answer = 0 points
Each B answer = 3 points
Each C answer = 1 point

Results

6 – 24 points = It would appear that you are harbouring some right-wing sentiments but are basically a decent, caring person and are not really nasty enough to vote Conservative.

24 - 36 points = It is very likely that you agree with Margaret Thatcher's assertion that "there's no such thing as society" and believe that nothing has any value unless it can be measured in terms of pounds, shillings and pence. You probably also think poor people are scum and wish that they'd all just go away and die. There's also a high probability that you are cruel to animals. In short, you are not a very nice person: you are a Tory.

I got 19
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:49:46 PM
At 5/1/2012 1:40:33 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/1/2012 1:32:05 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/1/2012 1:26:55 PM, M.Torres wrote:

I don't know what you're talking about. That's a completely fair evaluation. No bias at all.

One of my pet peeves. Also the test is completely objective. I believe it to be totally fair.

Either you are all joking, you are all in denial, or left wing nuts really believe this BS, and should not be allowed to vote
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:52:27 PM
If you guys really cannot see the bias, than I feel sorry for you. That's really sad.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:55:59 PM
At 5/1/2012 1:52:27 PM, DanT wrote:
If you guys really cannot see the bias, than I feel sorry for you. That's really sad.

lol

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:58:56 PM
At 5/1/2012 1:49:46 PM, DanT wrote:

Either you are all joking, you are all in denial, or left wing nuts really believe this BS, and should not be allowed to vote

I love your objectivity.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 2:03:34 PM
At 5/1/2012 1:58:56 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I love your objectivity.

If you consider this test objective I'll take that as a complement
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 2:08:39 PM
At 5/1/2012 2:03:34 PM, DanT wrote:
At 5/1/2012 1:58:56 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

I love your objectivity.

If you consider this test objective I'll take that as a complement

lol

Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 2:20:52 PM

I think that every living thing in the world should vote, on everything. Also it is completely objective.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:18:21 PM
26 points.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:18:45 PM
At 5/1/2012 2:20:52 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

I think that every living thing in the world should vote, on everything. Also it is completely objective.

A.) Just because you keep saying it's objective does not make it objective. If I say conservatives worship the devil, you would probably claim the statement was objective, simply because you agree.
B.) Not everything should be subject to a vote, and some people should not vote, due to ignorance of the candidates.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:20:05 PM
And yes, the test will severely underestimate actual Tory voters. I guarantee it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:26:25 PM
At 5/1/2012 3:18:45 PM, DanT wrote:

A.) Just because you keep saying it's objective does not make it objective. If I say conservatives worship the devil, you would probably claim the statement was objective, simply because you agree.
B.) Not everything should be subject to a vote, and some people should not vote, due to ignorance of the candidates.

A) Yes it does. I am objectively saying it does. Also conservatives do worship the devil.

B) Their ignorance makes them better voters than those who know something. I do not believe there is a single matter, whether related to government or not, which should not be voted on by every single living thing in the world. The voting should be mandatory.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:31:45 PM
B. Greed is good.

C. Neither of the above.

C. Neither of the above.

C. Neither of the above.

C. Neither of the above.

Scoring

Each A answer = 0 points
Each B answer = 3 points
Each C answer = 1 point

Results

How can anyone say this is objective?
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:33:47 PM
At 5/1/2012 3:26:25 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

A) Yes it does. I am objectively saying it does. Also conservatives do worship the devil.

B) Their ignorance makes them better voters than those who know something. I do not believe there is a single matter, whether related to government or not, which should not be voted on by every single living thing in the world. The voting should be mandatory.

Either you are pulling my leg, or you are off your rocker
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:34:03 PM
Question 1

C. Neither of the above.

Question 2

(ammedment: including grammar schools, special schools, speciality schools, private schools, etc.)
C. Neither of the above.

Question 3

B. All tax is theft.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 4

B. Greed is good.
C. Neither of the above.

Question 5

C. Neither of the above.

Question 6

I hope you understand the difference between One Nation Toryism (Cameron and Disraeli's belief) and Thatcherism here.

C. Neither of the above.

Question 7

C. Neither of the above.

Question 8

C. Neither of the above.

Question 9

C. Neither of the above.

Question 10

C. Neither of the above.

Question 11

Good to see we're being balanced.

C. Neither of the above.

Question 12

C. Neither of the above.

Scoring

Each A answer = 0 points
Each B answer = 3 points
Each C answer = 1 point

Results

24 - 36 points = It is very likely that you agree with Margaret Thatcher's

CAMERON IS NOT A THATCHERITE.

6 points, most of them due to dichotomising Thatcherism with Socialism.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:34:18 PM
At 5/1/2012 3:33:47 PM, DanT wrote:
At 5/1/2012 3:26:25 PM, Thaddeus wrote:

Either you are pulling my leg, or you are off your rocker

I am 100% serious.