Jump to topic:

C-Span

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 5:51:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Personally, its my favorite media outlet. Absolutely no bias, or so little its not even distinguishable. Whats your thought on it?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 6:24:37 PM
Two birds with one stone, I once tweeted this...
Just watch C-SPAN sometime, we have the dumbest people in congress and it's painful to watch them ask Ben Bernanke these clueless questions

But yes it's good stuff, makes you realize how incompetent a lot of our elected officials are.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 6:25:00 PM
The bias on C-Span is covert, yet distinguishable. C-Span leans conservative/right-wing. All I see when I turn on C-Span coverage of the American Enterprise Institute or the Cato Institute, ect ect ect..

http://www.cepr.net...
turn down for h'what
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 6:27:47 PM
At 5/1/2012 6:25:00 PM, Aaronroy wrote:
The bias on C-Span is covert, yet distinguishable. C-Span leans conservative/right-wing. All I see when I turn on C-Span coverage of the American Enterprise Institute or the Cato Institute, ect ect ect..

Etc etc etc

Majority of C-SPAN is simply video of congress.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 6:45:25 PM

I see a lot of everything. Merely because they go to certain areas more, or less doesn't show much bias.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:22:30 PM
At 5/1/2012 6:27:47 PM, lewis20 wrote:

I agree.

Etc etc etc

Really? Every time I go to C-SPAN they are either showing 1) an author talking about his newest book, or 2) a Congressional hearing on some random subject that bores me to death (example, right now, a man from the British Culture, Media and Sport committee on a phone hacking investigation).

However, when they ACTUALLY show Congress in debate, on the floor, or voting (not common), or when they show a Presidential candidate, I find it very interesting (assuming that Mitt Romney isn't spewing out crap).
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:45:13 PM
C-Span makes me sick because Congress is slow, inactive, burdensome, stupid, useless, time wasting, inefficient and annoying all at once and you can see that in one viewing of C-Span.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:45:24 PM
At 5/1/2012 8:22:30 PM, Contra wrote:

I agree.

Etc etc etc

Really? Every time I go to C-SPAN they are either showing 1) an author talking about his newest book, or 2) a Congressional hearing on some random subject that bores me to death (example, right now, a man from the British Culture, Media and Sport committee on a phone hacking investigation).

However, when they ACTUALLY show Congress in debate, on the floor, or voting (not common), or when they show a Presidential candidate, I find it very interesting (assuming that Mitt Romney isn't spewing out crap).

There are like 3 C-SPAN's one has nearly every house debate/hearing/vote then one is all history then C-SPAN 2 has different stuff like booktv and the likes.
Otherwise everything is streamed on C-SPAN's website, the fact that congress bores you is beside the point.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:51:23 PM
At 5/1/2012 8:45:24 PM, lewis20 wrote:

I agree.

Etc etc etc

There are like 3 C-SPAN's one has nearly every house debate/hearing/vote then one is all history then C-SPAN 2 has different stuff like booktv and the likes.
Otherwise everything is streamed on C-SPAN's website, the fact that congress bores you is beside the point.

Congress doesn't bore me. It is entertaining. What DOES bore me is the full time book channel, and the Congressional hearings over issues I don't frankly care much about.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:18:06 PM
At 5/1/2012 8:51:23 PM, Contra wrote:

I agree.

Etc etc etc

Congress doesn't bore me. It is entertaining. What DOES bore me is the full time book channel, and the Congressional hearings over issues I don't frankly care much about.

Like I said, the book thing is only on C-SPAN 2 and everything congress does is on C-SPAN 1 or streamed on C-SPANs website. They cover everything congress does, even the boring issues you don't care about.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:21:26 PM
At 5/1/2012 8:45:13 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
C-Span makes me sick because Congress is slow, inactive, burdensome, stupid, useless, time wasting, inefficient and annoying all at once and you can see that in one viewing of C-Span.

Watch the British Parliament. The other parties openly boo while their own party applauds one another and everyone shouts over one another.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:22:43 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:21:26 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Watch the British Parliament. The other parties openly boo while their own party applauds one another and everyone shouts over one another.

And they wonder why we revolted against them.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:24:45 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:22:43 PM, OberHerr wrote:

In the 1800s is was common for fights to break out in the US Congress. Surely you've heard of Brooks beating Sumner with a cane.
Open borders debate:
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:33:02 PM

I've watched that before, Australian Parliament is the same way. At first I thought it was hilarious, then annoying because you can never hear the person talking and then just kind of sad to know that there exist legislative bodies out there more dysfunctional than ours.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:41:52 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:33:02 PM, lewis20 wrote:

I've watched that before, Australian Parliament is the same way. At first I thought it was hilarious, then annoying because you can never hear the person talking and then just kind of sad to know that there exist legislative bodies out there more dysfunctional than ours.

I don't think the passion is all so bad. At least it demonstrates that they're speaking from their hearts rather then for votes and/or lobbyists.
Open borders debate:
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:45:42 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:18:06 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 5/1/2012 8:51:23 PM, Contra wrote:

I agree.

Etc etc etc

Like I said, the book thing is only on C-SPAN 2 and everything congress does is on C-SPAN 1 or streamed on C-SPANs website. They cover everything congress does, even the boring issues you don't care about.

They must play it at a different time of day than when I watch it.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:45:45 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:24:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:

In the 1800s is was common for fights to break out in the US Congress. Surely you've heard of Brooks beating Sumner with a cane.

Makes our current government look compassionate by comparison.

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:46:15 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:41:52 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/1/2012 9:33:02 PM, lewis20 wrote:

I don't think the passion is all so bad. At least it demonstrates that they're speaking from their hearts rather then for votes and/or lobbyists.

Passion is one thing, but like you said they make it hard to even understand what's being said.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:48:32 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:45:45 PM, Contra wrote:

Oh, that's nothing. I think I remember reading somewhere of a greek philosopher killing another greek philospher over some stupid argument on infinite or something.

Yea, times have changed quite a bit.
Open borders debate:
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 9:49:40 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:48:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Oh, that's nothing. I think I remember reading somewhere of a greek philosopher killing another greek philospher over some stupid argument on infinite or something.

Imagine the death rate DDO would have......

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 10:16:48 PM

The seats in the British parliament are arranged at sword length because sword fights use to be common. Theres also laws against wearing a suit of armor in parliament
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 10:27:46 PM
At 5/1/2012 9:48:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Democracy at its finest
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 10:30:53 PM
C-span is boring as FVCK.

If I had kids, I'd make them watch C-span as punishment.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 10:32:49 PM
At 5/1/2012 10:30:53 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
C-span is boring as FVCK.

If I had kids, I'd make them watch C-span as punishment.

You do have kids.

One in Atlanta, one in Seattle, one in New York. Twins in LA!

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 10:40:10 PM
Until I have to appear on Maury, those aren't my kids.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 10:43:57 AM
Libertarian party nomination process is on C-SPAN here in 20 minutes.
Looks like it's down to Gary Johnson and Lee Wrights