Jump to topic:

Another "Recovery Summer"

Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 6:50:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Remember in 2010, when President Obama declared a "Recvovery Summer"?

Well, it didn't materialize.

Again, in 2012, we are hearing a lot about how great the economy will be this year.

As it turns out, we have had two consecutive slow job reports and GDP growth was a slow 2.2% last quarter.

So, is this the new definition of recovery with an Obama presidency?
We spend too much our time measuring compassion for those in needs by measuring inputs. How much money are we spending? How many programs are we creating? But we are not focusing on outcomes. Are these programs working? Are people getting out of poverty?
-Paul Ryan
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 6:55:48 PM
At 5/3/2012 6:50:52 PM, Ameriman wrote:

Again, in 2012, we are hearing a lot about how great the economy will be this year.

As it turns out, we have had two consecutive slow job reports and GDP growth was a slow 2.2% last quarter.

the f*ck is a recvovery summer?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 6:57:57 PM
At 5/3/2012 6:55:48 PM, imabench wrote:

You'll find out the first summer of Romney's presidency.
We spend too much our time measuring compassion for those in needs by measuring inputs. How much money are we spending? How many programs are we creating? But we are not focusing on outcomes. Are these programs working? Are people getting out of poverty?
-Paul Ryan
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:50:13 PM
Vice President Biden trumpeted the summer of 2010 as a coming boom time due to the Stimulus.

Reagan inherited a recession that was probably worse than the recent one. By this point in the Reagan Administration, the economy was up by six million jobs. President Obama is down five million jobs from when he took office. The unemployment rate is now only 8.5% because many people have given up looking for work and are not counted.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/3/2012 11:52:45 PM
At 5/3/2012 6:57:57 PM, Ameriman wrote:

Because of Romney's new fiscal policy? or monetary policy? or all the people in charge of the economy who Romney isn't going to replace? Just as Obama didn't replace anyone in charge of running the economy when he took office.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 12:35:40 AM

Oh please! Take your mindless ignorance elsewhere. Freakin puppets. That's all you people are. You guys say the same things over and over and over. I hate t break it to ya, but simply because you regurgitate them a hundred times doesn't make them any less unfounded and moronic.

What's Romney's plan? Oh that's right. Restrict trade from our largest import country and impose trickle-down economics that has been a failure for the past 30 years. Or perhaps "Drill Baby Drill" policies that have been shown to have ZERO impact on gas prices.
Sapere Aude!
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 12:38:53 AM
At 5/4/2012 12:35:40 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Oh please! Take your mindless ignorance elsewhere. Freakin puppets. That's all you people are. You guys say the same things over and over and over. I hate t break it to ya, but simply because you regurgitate them a hundred times doesn't make them any less unfounded and moronic.

What's Romney's plan? Oh that's right. Restrict trade from our largest import country and impose trickle-down economics that has been a failure for the past 30 years. Or perhaps "Drill Baby Drill" policies that have been shown to have ZERO impact on gas prices.

I don't know who you are generalizing, but it seems like something I should be offended at. "You people" isn't friend making language.
"[Society] has no vested interest in continuing to exist." -RP
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 12:44:19 AM
At 5/3/2012 11:50:13 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
Vice President Biden trumpeted the summer of 2010 as a coming boom time due to the Stimulus.

Reagan inherited a recession that was probably worse than the recent one. By this point in the Reagan Administration, the economy was up by six million jobs. President Obama is down five million jobs from when he took office. The unemployment rate is now only 8.5% because many people have given up looking for work and are not counted.

You do have to consider though that we live in an age where people can maximize productivity by becoming more modernized and learn to produce more with less employees.... Obama has his limits because hes fighting a 21st century recession with 20th century tools because corporations have more incentive to modernize and increase productivity through robotics and that stuff rather then increase their employee payrolls.

That being said though Obama did promise more than he could keep and does deserve some blame.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 12:57:35 AM
At 5/4/2012 12:38:53 AM, LibertyCampbell wrote:
At 5/4/2012 12:35:40 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:

I don't know who you are generalizing, but it seems like something I should be offended at. "You people" isn't friend making language.
I have no intention of "making friends" with anyone here. I don't know about you, but the internet isn't where I go for a social life.

But let alone a republican nut! I would sooner eat the eyeball of fetal pig than the befriend such an ignorant demographic of people.
Sapere Aude!
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/4/2012 1:01:33 AM
Actually, even though things are rising slowly, they are still better than they have been in years. And that's not a coincidence. The majority of the stimulus money was scheduled to be released during the election season, for obvious reasons. You don't want the economy getting better right when he gets elected because then people will forget that we even had a recession when the election season comes around. Signs of better times have to be fresh in people's memories.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord