Jump to topic:

Libertarian party 2012

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 12:13:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've decided to vote straight libertarian this year. Currently watching the libertarian nomination on C-SPAN and while there are some characters, these are the people we want in office. The nomination "debate" is both candidates agreeing on every issue and Gary Johnson is right when he says the Libertarian party is the best of what both major parties claim to be.
If you realize neither Republicans nor Democrats deserve your vote I'd suggest looking into the libertarian party.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 1:48:03 PM
I think instead of running in the GOP Ron Paul should have branched off and headed the Libertarian Party. He could have really put it on the map for years to come...

Missed opportunity.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/5/2012 3:32:07 PM
At 5/5/2012 1:48:03 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
I think instead of running in the GOP Ron Paul should have branched off and headed the Libertarian Party. He could have really put it on the map for years to come...

Missed opportunity.

This is actually somewhat true.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 9:27:26 PM
At 5/5/2012 3:32:07 PM, M.Torres wrote:

Missed opportunity.

You forget, his main goal is not to get to the Presidency. His main goal is to spread the Ron Paul Movement. When was the last time you ever saw something pretaining to the Libertarian Party nominations? For me, never. But when he runs on the Republican ticket, he gets publicized everyday.

Libertarian Ballot=Nomination
Republican Ballot=Publicity

Ron Paul wants the latter, and he is certainly getting 10 times as much if not more publicity on the Republican Ballot than he would ever get on the Libertarian Ballot.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:05:12 PM
At 5/6/2012 9:27:26 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

Missed opportunity.

You forget, his main goal is not to get to the Presidency. His main goal is to spread the Ron Paul Movement. When was the last time you ever saw something pretaining to the Libertarian Party nominations? For me, never. But when he runs on the Republican ticket, he gets publicized everyday.

Ron Paul wants the latter, and he is certainly getting 10 times as much if not more publicity on the Republican Ballot than he would ever get on the Libertarian Ballot.

This is true which is why I can never respect Ron Paul. Instead of sticking to his beliefs and trying to start a new movement in something he believed in he instead only grovelled for votes.
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:08:39 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:05:12 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

This is true which is why I can never respect Ron Paul. Instead of sticking to his beliefs and trying to start a new movement in something he believed in he instead only grovelled for votes.

*cough* Mitt Romney *cough*
kfc
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:14:35 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:08:39 PM, Koopin wrote:

You know what? I don't give a damnn. Because Barrack Obama's beliefs are as appealing as eating a bowl of dog crap after having sex with Rosie O'Donnell. I'm sick of these stupid quips.

Obama can suck my dick. Honesty. I hate the man and his policies. So I really don't care.
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:20:48 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:14:35 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

You know what? I don't give a damnn. Because Barrack Obama's beliefs are as appealing as eating a bowl of dog crap after having sex with Rosie O'Donnell. I'm sick of these stupid quips.

Obama can suck my dick. Honesty. I hate the man and his policies. So I really don't care.

And this is why I take your opinion seriously.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:22:19 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:20:48 PM, M.Torres wrote:
At 5/6/2012 10:14:35 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

And this is why I take your opinion seriously.

Lol.

Sorry. Lost my cool there for a second. But forreal,

Obama's views are just about as opposite as you can get from mine so I'd be prone to elect a shoe before I cast my vote for him.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:26:13 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:23:20 PM, Koopin wrote:
Obama aside, do you respect Mitt or think he will be a good President CP?

I respect his business experience. I think that he has the sense and experience to surround himself with good people (something Obama epicly failed at) and make the the decisions he thinks are best for the country.

I can tell Romney loves this country and will do his best to improve it.

I think he will make a good president. On a scale of FDR to Reagan I think he'll score a solid Eisenhower.
Reasoning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 10:48:54 PM
Lee Wrights was a much better candidate.
"What we really ought to ask the liberal, before we even begin addressing his agenda, is this: In what kind of society would he be a conservative?" - Joseph Sobran
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/6/2012 11:55:15 PM

Missed opportunity.

That = obama wins.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 3:46:32 AM
Only in America do you get "I dislike candidate X, Therefore I must vote candidate Y", i.e. tactical voting.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 6:45:01 AM

Missed opportunity.

He didn't go Republican for the votes so much as for the publicity. That's something that helps the entire movement.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 6:49:15 AM

Missed opportunity.

But he is trying to start a new movement. He has already started it and he is trying to gain it some monemtum. He is not grovelling over votes, he is trying to make his movement bigger and more permenant. The reason you have no respect for Ron Paul is because you do not like his beliefs, being a Libertarian. If you actually thought about it, his beliefs are the best of any politican's out there. But neo-cons never listen... No point in trying to argue.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 2:22:18 PM

Missed opportunity.

FALSE.

If Ron Paul ran as a Libertarian he would be excluded from every debate, the media would ignore him even more, and he would ruin Rand Paul's political career with the GOP.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 2:23:44 PM
At 5/7/2012 3:46:32 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
Only in America do you get "I dislike candidate X, Therefore I must vote candidate Y", i.e. tactical voting.

What.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 2:23:59 PM
At 5/7/2012 2:23:44 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 5/7/2012 3:46:32 AM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:

What.

Oh, sarcasm. My bad.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/7/2012 5:06:45 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:26:13 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

I respect his business experience. I think that he has the sense and experience to surround himself with good people (something Obama epicly failed at) and make the the decisions he thinks are best for the country.

I can tell Romney loves this country and will do his best to improve it.

I think he will make a good president. On a scale of Bush '43 to Reagan I think he'll score a solid Eisenhower.

Fixed.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 12:12:57 PM
At 5/6/2012 10:26:13 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Romney is going to surround himself by the same people Obama has, who are the same people Bush did. While at the moment Romney will say anything that he thinks will get him elected, he has praised Ben Bernanke in the past and he will appoint whoever the big banks he works for tell him to appoint.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler