Re-elect obama!!

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 12:02:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
A "friend" on Facebook just posted this

"my word about to flip this is where im chosen whit america cold black america frozen 1 percent is in tax are we still in iraq? in the hood you see the hustle and the musik is crack my vision? yall aint ready for that you niggas is quarter backs gettin sacked man you know what they afraid of an educated black man"

I think he's talking about Obama? I cant be sure. If someone skilled in communication with the mentally weak could translate for me that would be great.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 12:06:33 AM
At 5/8/2012 12:05:29 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 5/8/2012 12:05:00 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
Lol. is ur friend black o.0

Naw...he's Asian.

Makes perfect sense. I was wondering. =/
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 12:37:17 AM
Nah, man he ain't talkin' 'bout Obama. He be talkin' bout Herman Cain! Dat nigga is da shitz! Man....he got da fried chicken and da pizza! Wat more coulda nigga want?

http://www.youtube.com...
Sapere Aude!
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 12:46:42 AM
At 5/8/2012 12:06:06 AM, vmpire321 wrote:
i have no fvcking clue.

why don't you ask ur friend to actually listen to a english class?

Should be:

Listen to an English class

Or in an English class

;)
Debate.org Moderator
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 7:45:23 AM
The sad part is that there are many people like him and they will be voting for Obama because of these reasons.

Mandatory literacy tests are necessary to preserve a functioning democracy.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 8:44:59 AM
At 5/8/2012 12:02:07 AM, thett3 wrote:

"my word about to flip this is where im chosen whit america cold black america frozen 1 percent is in tax are we still in iraq? in the hood you see the hustle and the musik is crack my vision? yall aint ready for that you niggas is quarter backs gettin sacked man you know what they afraid of an educated black man"

I think he's talking about Obama? I cant be sure. If someone skilled in communication with the mentally weak could translate for me that would be great.

The above is the reason I think we should have simple tests to prove you know some of the most basic stances the candidates have, and their experience levels.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:19:55 AM
At 5/8/2012 12:02:07 AM, thett3 wrote:

Can't believe you are admitting he is your friend. I wouldn't.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 11:20:30 AM
At 5/8/2012 7:45:23 AM, Lordknukle wrote:
The sad part is that there are many people like him and they will be voting for Obama because of these reasons.

Yeah! Just like those good old days when we gave African Americans tests in Latin and grandfathered in all of the illiterate Caucasians, right?
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:12:57 PM
At 5/8/2012 11:20:30 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Yeah! Just like those good old days when we gave African Americans tests in Latin and grandfathered in all of the illiterate Caucasians, right?

Cept, in this case, EVERYONE would be doing it, and it wouldn't be purposefully engineered to make them fail.

Course, that might be too much for you to grasp.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:33:40 PM

Literacy tests would be distributed to everybody and be objective, not aimed at discriminating at one group based on the questions.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:36:14 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:33:40 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Literacy tests would be distributed to everybody and be objective, not aimed at discriminating at one group based on the questions.

That's how they were supposed to be done in the past.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:37:05 PM
That whole system is prone to abuse. Why are illiterate people not worthy to have a say in their government? They should not pay taxes or be subject to our laws if we are going to pull this crap.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:37:25 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:36:14 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

"Literacy tests, along with poll taxes and extra-legal intimidation,[1] were used to deny suffrage to African-Americans. The first formal voter literacy tests were introduced in 1890. Whites were exempted from the literacy test if they could meet alternate requirements that, in practice, excluded blacks. These included demonstrating political competence in person or showing descent from someone who was eligible to vote before 1867 (the post-Civil War civil rights constitutional amendments 13, 14, and 15 were enacted in 1865, 1868, and 1870, respectively)."
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:38:29 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:37:25 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

"Literacy tests, along with poll taxes and extra-legal intimidation,[1] were used to deny suffrage to African-Americans. The first formal voter literacy tests were introduced in 1890. Whites were exempted from the literacy test if they could meet alternate requirements that, in practice, excluded blacks. These included demonstrating political competence in person or showing descent from someone who was eligible to vote before 1867 (the post-Civil War civil rights constitutional amendments 13, 14, and 15 were enacted in 1865, 1868, and 1870, respectively)."

They key word is "supposed". They whites were grandfathered in because of alternate requirements.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:38:29 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:37:05 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
That whole system is prone to abuse. Why are illiterate people not worthy to have a say in their government? They should not pay taxes or be subject to our laws if we are going to pull this crap.

Ok, what I'm for is a test to prove that you know the basic positions of the candidates, and what their accomplishments/jobs/careers are/have been.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:38:30 PM

They pay taxes because they use the same public services as everybody else.

This, however, in no way entitles them to voting, especially if they cannot make a coherent or rational decision on the best candidate.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:39:25 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:38:29 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Ok, what I'm for is a test to prove that you know the basic positions of the candidates, and what their accomplishments/jobs/careers are/have been.

That's not a literacy test. That's a political test.

Fox News watchers would fail miserably on that, by the way.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:39:55 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:38:29 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

They key word is "supposed". They whites were grandfathered in because of alternate requirements.

*Facepalm*

That is my point. In the past, these tests were biased in their pre-requirements and were designed to specifically deny African Americans voting privileges.

If literacy tests would be implemented in the future, these exemptions would not happen.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:40:12 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:39:25 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

So, why is it an issue with you? Wouldn't that help you evidently?

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:40:20 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:38:30 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

They pay taxes because they use the same public services as everybody else.

This, however, in no way entitles them to voting, especially if they cannot make a coherent or rational decision on the best candidate.

It does entitle them to voting. "No taxation without representation." They pay taxes, so they get say. That's part of the Constitution. You cannot deny citizens the right to vote.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:40:42 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:39:55 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/8/2012 9:38:29 PM, royalpaladin wrote:

*Facepalm*

That is my point. In the past, these tests were biased in their pre-requirements and were designed to specifically deny African Americans voting privileges.

If literacy tests would be implemented in the future, these exemptions would not happen.

Why? Because you are saying so?
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:41:01 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:40:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:

It would, but I still think that it is unfair.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:42:00 PM

Even if you pull some random statistics about Fox News viewers being less educated about politics (I could do the same about MSNBC), the majority of them would fit the base requirements set by these tests.

These tests would not be challenging, but instead be simply designed to keep those who have absolutely little to no functioning knowledge of this subject from voting.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/8/2012 9:42:37 PM
At 5/8/2012 9:41:01 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 5/8/2012 9:40:12 PM, OberHerr wrote:

It would, but I still think that it is unfair.

I'm all for people that don't know anything about the candidate, regardless of party/ideology to not be able to vote.