Jump to topic:

Obama: Good or bad

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 10:56:57 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
In your thoughts, is Obama a good president or a bad president? Please present why that is your thoughts
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 12:39:30 PM
At 5/10/2012 10:56:57 AM, Microsuck wrote:
In your thoughts, is Obama a good president or a bad president? Please present why that is your thoughts

Bad President; the President is suppose to uphold the constitution. Obama doesn't even care about constitutional restrictions. In Obama's mind the constitution is a roadblock to progress.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 12:50:49 PM
At 5/10/2012 12:39:30 PM, DanT wrote:

Bad President; the President is suppose to uphold the constitution. Obama doesn't even care about constitutional restrictions. In Obama's mind the constitution is a roadblock to progress.

Examples?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 12:53:54 PM
At 5/10/2012 12:50:49 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 5/10/2012 12:39:30 PM, DanT wrote:

Examples?

Healthcare
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 12:56:08 PM
At 5/10/2012 12:51:54 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
Meh president. He hasn't done anything big, but he hasn't thrown the country into the ocean.

Extended the Patriot Act, pretended to kill Osama bin Laden, destroyed the internet and internet freedoms, made it legal for the President to assassinate Americans, made NDAA, created more wars, and brainwashed the whole population to think that he's not doing anything bad, just incompetent. False. He knows what hes doing.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 12:58:00 PM
At 5/10/2012 12:56:08 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
Meh president. He hasn't done anything big, but he hasn't thrown the country into the ocean.

Extended the Patriot Act, pretended to kill Osama bin Laden, destroyed the internet and internet freedoms, made it legal for the President to assassinate Americans, made NDAA, created more wars, and brainwashed the whole population to think that he's not doing anything bad, just incompetent. False. He knows what hes doing.

So you're a crazy theorist that thinks Laden is alive? Personally, I think he is dead, but probably died much earlier than the purported date

Say what now?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 1:11:45 PM
At 5/10/2012 12:58:00 PM, Microsuck wrote:

So you're a crazy theorist that thinks Laden is alive? Personally, I think he is dead, but probably died much earlier than the purported date

No. Osama died in December 2001. Fox News even reported him dead in '01.

http://www.foxnews.com...

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 1:22:26 PM
It depends on who you compare him to. If you compare him to the last idiot we had then Obama may seem like a good president because he hasnt screwed up any worse and that we are adding jobs again. Compare Obama though to any good president (Clinton or Reagan) then Obama takes a seat in the back since his only real accomplishment (healthcare reform) is currently in limbo in the Supreme Court.

My rating: 6 out of 10, which is good enough for me
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 3:46:03 PM
At 5/10/2012 1:11:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/10/2012 12:58:00 PM, Microsuck wrote:

The article says "Usama bin Laden has died a peaceful death due to an untreated lung complication, the Pakistan Observer reported, citing a Taliban leader who allegedly attended the funeral of the Al Qaeda leader."
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 3:54:26 PM
At 5/10/2012 1:22:26 PM, imabench wrote:
It depends on who you compare him to. If you compare him to the last idiot we had then Obama may seem like a good president because he hasnt screwed up any worse and that we are adding jobs again. Compare Obama though to any good president (Clinton or Reagan) then Obama takes a seat in the back since his only real accomplishment (healthcare reform) is currently in limbo in the Supreme Court.

Clinton committed perjury; had the opportunity to take out Osama on multiple occasions, but declined engagement; launched 2 attacks against Iraq (1993 & 1998), and created the WMD Casus belli, when he advocated for a war against Iraq. Clinton also pardoned marxist terrorists, belonging to the weather underground.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:02:30 PM

So Geo, he's not being controlled, or has ceded his authority to others?
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:15:37 PM
At 5/10/2012 1:11:45 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

Fox News is never wrong I guess.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:18:36 PM
At 5/10/2012 4:02:30 PM, innomen wrote:

He never had that much authority, he's always been controlled by Brzezinski. He knows what he's doing and that is, do what he is told to do.

-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:20:37 PM
At 5/10/2012 3:54:26 PM, DanT wrote:

Clinton committed perjury; had the opportunity to take out Osama on multiple occasions, but declined engagement; launched 2 attacks against Iraq (1993 & 1998), and created the WMD Casus belli, when he advocated for a war against Iraq. Clinton also pardoned marxist terrorists, belonging to the weather underground.

Fine, I'll change it to Reagan and LINCOLN

*leaves thread before DanT goes on tantrum*
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:27:36 PM
At 5/10/2012 4:18:36 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 5/10/2012 4:02:30 PM, innomen wrote:

He never had that much authority, he's always been controlled by Brzezinski. He knows what he's doing and that is, do what he is told to do.

Since Obama the executive branch has been accumulating more and more power over the other branches, and the legislature falls into greater irrelevance. He may know what he's doing in a certain macro sense, but I really think that this is being orchestrated beyond him. I may not agree with you on who is doing the controlling, but I agree that he is not the author of his actions in the critical decisions that impact the real changes that are going on, which are kept from us by the continuous left right fighting, and political distractions that the media eats up.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:30:29 PM
At 5/10/2012 3:54:26 PM, DanT wrote:

Clinton committed perjury;

Yes, but it was about a personal private issue not related at all to the Presidency of the United States.

had the opportunity to take out Osama on multiple occasions, but declined engagement;

The GOP usually wouldn't comply

launched 2 attacks against Iraq (1993 & 1998),

Eliminating any weapons of mass destruction, and severely weakening Iraq

and created the WMD Casus belli, when he advocated for a war against Iraq.

Don't know

Clinton also pardoned marxist terrorists, belonging to the weather underground.

Never heard of this.

Largest economic expansion in US history. Lowest unemployment and people on welfare in 35 years. Passed S-Chip. Numerous environmental protections. Economic stimulus, higher taxes on the rich. Surplus budgets. And I believe an expanded R&D tax credit. Clinton ran the government really well, but he lacked a clear agenda.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 4:45:38 PM
I'd say he's halfway from neutral to good. He really needs to take a more literal approach to the Constitution and some Clinton-styled economics would really help.
turn down for h'what
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 5:48:59 PM

He's a usurp, should not even BE president.

But,assuming he is a truly legal president, he's not a good one when he does absolutely nothing about the renegade congress but submit to their demands, just like he submissively bows before the leaders of all other nations.
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 10:25:27 PM

Extended the Patriot Act
As a hand to republicans...but conceded, I guess.
pretended to kill Osama bin Laden
I love conspiracy theories!!! Did he "pretend" to kill the other 22/30 Al Queda heads, as well.
destroyed the internet and internet freedoms
Say what now? Are you talking about the Republicans passing CISPA that hasn't even reached Obama's desk?
http://news.cnet.com...
made it legal for the President to assassinate Americans
False.
made NDAA
Signed NDAA after it was approved 92-6 by the Senate; he added a signing statement that restricts him from using it for the purpose of detaining american citizens.
created more wars
Ended Iraq. Has begun troop withdrawal in Afghanistan.
and brainwashed the whole population to think that he's not doing anything bad
Well you haven't exactly made a convincing argument.
just incompetent. False. He knows what hes doing.
Sapere Aude!
Ameriman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 10:30:37 PM
Bad.

He has been simply terrible on domestic policy, expanding government and debt at a historic pace. He has made the economic downturn worse and recovery weaker.

On foreign policy, he has weakened America considerably, apologizing for America in many cases. He has been weak on countries like Iran and weak in suppporting Israel.

He has led a government by gimmickry (think about the Buffet Rule). He bases most of his speeches off strawmen of Republican policies, and has fought any serious effort to reign in the debt problem.

He has not articulated a coherent vision for America's future. I am not sure if it is because he knows how unpopular his actual vision would be, or if it is because he doesn't even have a vision.

So, I do not approve of Obama.
We spend too much our time measuring compassion for those in needs by measuring inputs. How much money are we spending? How many programs are we creating? But we are not focusing on outcomes. Are these programs working? Are people getting out of poverty?
-Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 10:40:48 PM
At 5/10/2012 10:25:27 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Extended the Patriot Act
As a hand to republicans...but conceded, I guess.
I love conspiracy theories!!! Did he "pretend" to kill the other 22/30 Al Queda heads, as well.
destroyed the internet and internet freedoms
Say what now? Are you talking about the Republicans passing CISPA that hasn't even reached Obama's desk?
http://news.cnet.com...
made it legal for the President to assassinate Americans
False.

http://www.washingtonpost.com...

made NDAA
Signed NDAA after it was approved 92-6 by the Senate; he added a signing statement that restricts him from using it for the purpose of detaining american citizens.

Stating that it was approved bipartisanship doesn't mean it's "good". The Iraq war got bipartisan support as well as the PATRIOT act, but people don't say its good and credit bush for it.

created more wars

Took him quite a long time to end it. He had plenty of years to do it, but only did the full troop withdrawal last year.

He didn't really start withdrawing troops until he absolutely had to.

He also waged war in Libya, which he did not declare.

and brainwashed the whole population to think that he's not doing anything bad
just incompetent. False. He knows what hes doing.
Open borders debate:
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 11:28:51 PM

Yeah, conspiracy theories are always a good laugh. Obama killing Bin Laden is like the fake moon landing theory or the gunman on the grassy knoll. Yeah, you know? Things we don't have pictures or evidence for? Like ... are justified for being agianst those theories?

Or, maybe I'm wrong in my assumption
Does conspiracy theory = unpopular theory? I guess in this case, it does.

Gotta love it tough.
He didn't end Iraq. Iraq said they had enough.

Guess politics have to start somewhere with withdrawl from Afghanistan after that miserable failure. Afghanistan was probably worse than Iraq in that we invested all of that crap there and got almost nothing out of it.

How could he miss?
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/10/2012 11:32:44 PM
At 5/10/2012 10:30:37 PM, Ameriman wrote:
Bad.

He has been simply terrible on domestic policy, expanding government and debt at a historic pace. He has made the economic downturn worse and recovery weaker.

Verified and agreed, couldn't state it better.

On foreign policy, he has weakened America considerably, apologizing for America in many cases. He has been weak on countries like Iran and weak in suppporting Israel.

Again, verified and agreed.

He has led a government by gimmickry (think about the Buffet Rule). He bases most of his speeches off strawmen of Republican policies, and has fought any serious effort to reign in the debt problem.

Obama doesn't have the understanding of the economy that gets shoved down our throats. We're to believe the economic stimulus prevented a depression, that national debt doesn't matter, and that blaming bush is the solution to every problem and the reason why he should continue to serve us for four more years.

Hell no to all of that crap.

He has not articulated a coherent vision for America's future. I am not sure if it is because he knows how unpopular his actual vision would be, or if it is because he doesn't even have a vision.

I disagree. I think he has a great vision, but his actions don't meet what's required to obtain that vision. He got elected on hope and change by talking positively and making us think he knew what he was talking about in how to get it done. For as good of a person as he is, he is an horrible usurping president.

So, I do not approve of Obama.

Amen brother, preach on.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 2:05:07 AM
Obama is a good president. Just some people don't know how little power he really has. But I'm impressed with what he has managed to accomplished. Also he's currently our best choice so...
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 2:07:47 AM

You're talking sh*t. Stop! I've never met someone so intellectually dishonest.
You really do seem to be a smart guy, but why do you get off on acting like a goddamned idiot?
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/11/2012 2:23:49 AM
At 5/11/2012 2:07:47 AM, MarquisX wrote:

You're talking sh*t. Stop! I've never met someone so intellectually dishonest.
You really do seem to be a smart guy, but why do you get off on acting like a goddamned idiot?

Intellectually dishonest? You're retarded. There's evidence for every statement I made.

Osama died in 2001: http://www.foxnews.com...

Obama compromised the Internet: http://www.infowars.com...

Obama power to assassinate Americans: http://www.infowars.com...
http://www.infowars.com...
-- Murray Rothbard

-- Frederic Bastiat