Total Posts:64|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Do people that have commited crime deserve..

16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:08:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Depends on the crime.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:10:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM, Oriya's wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?

Here's a comparison what is the difference between a hit man and a soldier, their both being paid to kill, yet it seems most people respect a soldier. Is jail a place someone goes because they don't do what the government wants them to do? isn't this social control?

again why does it depend?
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:11:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:10:38 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM, Oriya's wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?

Here's a comparison what is the difference between a hit man and a soldier, their both being paid to kill, yet it seems most people respect a soldier. Is jail a place someone goes because they don't do what the government wants them to do? isn't this social control?

again why does it depend?

The State has a legitimate monopoly on violence.

That is why.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:12:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:08:48 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?


So what crimes make a person lose the freedoms they once had? and what crimes shouldn't a person go to jail for?
it should be a crime to put some one in jail?
Depends on the crime.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:13:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:10:38 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM, Oriya's wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?

Here's a comparison what is the difference between a hit man and a soldier, their both being paid to kill, yet it seems most people respect a soldier. Is jail a place someone goes because they don't do what the government wants them to do? isn't this social control?

again why does it depend?

I don't the state is going to arrest those they ordered to kill. That doesn't make much sense....
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:13:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:12:30 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:08:48 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?


So what crimes make a person lose the freedoms they once had? and what crimes shouldn't a person go to jail for?
it should be a crime to put some one in jail?

Again, depends. Littering for example does not meet criteria for jail time I believe.

Depends on the crime.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:14:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

If you want to have a stable society, you have to do something with people who try to destabilize it.

Let's send criminals into space to mine asteroids.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:14:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:13:15 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:10:38 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM, Oriya's wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?

Here's a comparison what is the difference between a hit man and a soldier, their both being paid to kill, yet it seems most people respect a soldier. Is jail a place someone goes because they don't do what the government wants them to do? isn't this social control?

again why does it depend?

I don't think the state is going to arrest those who they ordered to kill. That doesn't make much sense....

fixed.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:20:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:11:18 PM, Lordly wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:10:38 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM, Oriya's wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?

Here's a comparison what is the difference between a hit man and a soldier, their both being paid to kill, yet it seems most people respect a soldier. Is jail a place someone goes because they don't do what the government wants them to do? isn't this social control?

again why does it depend?



That is why.

what is legitimate, anyway? If the state has this power, then the state is corrupt. why is it that the state has the power to strip people of there freedom and is aloud to ignore laws. if the state has legitimate reasons on mono violence, then why do they let it happen in prison, ie prison guards abuse prisoners, prisoners rape and abuse/murder each other. it is the state that is morally responsible for the criminal. another comparison, if you lock someone in your basement and they die... you are responsible for there death? if you lock them in your basement and someone come in a they kill them, you are reasonable for them. the state shouldn't have this power. the state must follow laws, but choose to break them.
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:22:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you want to have a stable society, you have to do something with people who try to destabilize it.

Let's send criminals into space to mine asteroids.

you do you think should be in custody for the criminal acts committed by society
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:23:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:20:26 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:11:18 PM, Lordly wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:10:38 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM, Oriya's wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?

Here's a comparison what is the difference between a hit man and a soldier, their both being paid to kill, yet it seems most people respect a soldier. Is jail a place someone goes because they don't do what the government wants them to do? isn't this social control?

again why does it depend?



That is why.

what is legitimate, anyway? If the state has this power, then the state is corrupt. why is it that the state has the power to strip people of there freedom and is aloud to ignore laws. if the state has legitimate reasons on mono violence, then why do they let it happen in prison, ie prison guards abuse prisoners, prisoners rape and abuse/murder each other. it is the state that is morally responsible for the criminal. another comparison, if you lock someone in your basement and they die... you are responsible for there death? if you lock them in your basement and someone come in a they kill them, you are reasonable for them. the state shouldn't have this power. the state must follow laws, but choose to break them.

If a state doesn't have a monopoly on coercion, it really ceases to become a state. If a state has no means to enforce laws then it isn't a state.

Are you an anarchist?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:24:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:22:13 PM, oreostar wrote:
If you want to have a stable society, you have to do something with people who try to destabilize it.

Let's send criminals into space to mine asteroids.

you do you think should be in custody for the criminal acts committed by society

What?

Who do I think?

What crimes?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:24:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago

I don't the state is going to arrest those they ordered to kill. That doesn't make much sense....

they maybe should because some of them come back from war as huge murders?
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:26:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:11:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:10:38 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM, Oriya's wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?

Here's a comparison what is the difference between a hit man and a soldier, their both being paid to kill, yet it seems most people respect a soldier. Is jail a place someone goes because they don't do what the government wants them to do? isn't this social control?

again why does it depend?

The State has a legitimate monopoly on violence.

That is why.

I wouldn't say (at least in America) the state has a total monopoly on violence. People have a right to protect themselves. But I understand what you're saying.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:27:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:24:27 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:22:13 PM, oreostar wrote:
If you want to have a stable society, you have to do something with people who try to destabilize it.

Let's send criminals into space to mine asteroids.

you do you think should be in custody for the criminal acts committed by society

What?

Who do I think?

What crimes?

who do you think should be responsible for placing custody of the criminal whom committed crimes
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:27:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:24:51 PM, oreostar wrote:

I don't the state is going to arrest those they ordered to kill. That doesn't make much sense....

they maybe should because some of them come back from war as huge murders?

Seriously? You think Americans should be arrested for the potential to murder, which would include 300 million american citizens.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:28:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:26:46 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:11:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:10:38 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:06:05 PM, Oriya's wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:05:33 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:04:47 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:02:44 PM, oreostar wrote:
do people that have commit a crime deserve to go to jail?

Depends.

why?

Why not?

Here's a comparison what is the difference between a hit man and a soldier, their both being paid to kill, yet it seems most people respect a soldier. Is jail a place someone goes because they don't do what the government wants them to do? isn't this social control?

again why does it depend?

The State has a legitimate monopoly on violence.

That is why.

I wouldn't say (at least in America) the state has a total monopoly on violence. People have a right to protect themselves. But I understand what you're saying.

It's not a matter of whether other people can commit violent acts, but the fact that the State is capable of any sort of violence.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:32:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:27:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:24:51 PM, oreostar wrote:

I don't the state is going to arrest those they ordered to kill. That doesn't make much sense....

they maybe should because some of them come back from war as huge murders?

Seriously? You think Americans should be arrested for the potential to murder, which would include 300 million American citizens.

no I think the state and the American government are the products responsible for these murders. I also think think that the state and the American government are being moral and letting the corruption of American society happen. thus I believe that the state and the American government should not exist
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:37:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:32:13 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:27:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:24:51 PM, oreostar wrote:

I don't the state is going to arrest those they ordered to kill. That doesn't make much sense....

they maybe should because some of them come back from war as huge murders?

Seriously? You think Americans should be arrested for the potential to murder, which would include 300 million American citizens.

no I think the state and the American government are the products responsible for these murders. I also think think that the state and the American government are being moral and letting the corruption of American society happen. thus I believe that the state and the American government should not exist

So your anarchist-capitalistic?

Which murders? Is the state responsible for state-sanctioned killing or non-state sanction killing?

For non-state-sanctioned killing, how can a state be responsible for the actions of other people?

What do you propose we should be done to stop murder from occurring?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:46:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:27:21 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:24:27 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:22:13 PM, oreostar wrote:
If you want to have a stable society, you have to do something with people who try to destabilize it.


who do you think should be responsible for placing custody of the criminal whom committed crimes

Society, which delegates the power and responsibility through government.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:49:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
No one deserves anything. Good or bad. Reward and punishment are tools used to promote arbitrary goals.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:49:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:49:09 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No one deserves anything. Good or bad. Reward and punishment are tools used to promote arbitrary goals.

Moral nihilist?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:53:14 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:37:10 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:32:13 PM, oreostar wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:27:32 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:24:51 PM, oreostar wrote:

I don't the state is going to arrest those they ordered to kill. That doesn't make much sense....

they maybe should because some of them come back from war as huge murders?

Seriously? You think Americans should be arrested for the potential to murder, which would include 300 million American citizens.

no I think the state and the American government are the products responsible for these murders. I also think think that the state and the American government are being moral and letting the corruption of American society happen. thus I believe that the state and the American government should not exist

So your anarchist-capitalistic?

Which murders? Is the state responsible for state-sanctioned killing or non-state sanction killing?

I don't know what state-sanctioned killing or non-state sanction killing please explain?

For non-state-sanctioned killing, how can a state be responsible for the actions of other people?

??? I try to answer this with my little knowledge of state laws in America. The state is responsible for the safety and egos of the criminals they put in there jails, just like parents are responsible for there children. many people in American jails are treated worse then slaves, slaves are at least taken care of by there owners for economical purposes. say a person go to jail in America for 5 years smoking a joint of marijuana, in jail he is raped, abused (by guards and prisoners) then comes out of jail worse then when he went in, ie murder material

What do you propose we should be done to stop murder from occurring?

I don't propose anything I think about what to do with murders, if I was free, then criminals whodunit exist in America. the justice system in America is corrupt and are moral responsible do you agree.

by the way I don't like you political slurs on my political view, I'm not attacking you personally
oreostar
Posts: 55
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/19/2012 4:56:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 5/19/2012 4:49:59 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/19/2012 4:49:09 PM, FREEDO wrote:
No one deserves anything. Good or bad. Reward and punishment are tools used to promote arbitrary goals.

Moral nihilist?

please stop attack people personally, its unjustified if your not contributing to this forum.

also people please ignore these comments