Jump to topic:

Halo 4 Could Affect Obama's Re-Election

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:05:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ok, so Halo 4, for those of that don't know, is one of the most anticipated games of the year.

So, like most big games when they come out, people play them a lot for the first day if they pre-ordered it, or did a midnight release.

Now, this in itself wouldn't be such a big deal, except for the date that Halo 4 is coming out, which is November 6th.

That date, for the uninformed, is the US presidential election day.

And, for the even more uninformed, Obama's supporters, at least last election, are made up greatly of young people........people that would be interested in Halo 4.

So, its very possible that Halo 4 could have an effect on who shows up to vote, which under the circumstances, that will favor Romney.

Just something I noticed. I like Halo 4 even more now.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:08:57 PM
Diablo III is better.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:09:34 PM
At 5/20/2012 3:08:57 PM, Contra wrote:
Diablo III is better.

Debatable. Also, can't really compare two completely different games.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:17:27 PM
At 5/20/2012 3:09:34 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Diablo III is better.

Debatable. Also, can't really compare two completely different games.

Yes you can; watch:

Diablo III is better.
"[Society] has no vested interest in continuing to exist." -RP
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:25:58 PM
Diablo III is better.

Diablo II and Diablo III are sad attempts to recapture the amazingness of Diablo I.

Halo 4 and Halo 3 and Halo 2 and Halo:Whatever are all sad attempts to recapture the amazingness of Halo 1.

Too bad sequels usually suck.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:26:36 PM
At 5/20/2012 3:05:46 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Ok, so Halo 4, for those of that don't know, is one of the most anticipated games of the year.

So, like most big games when they come out, people play them a lot for the first day if they pre-ordered it, or did a midnight release.

Now, this in itself wouldn't be such a big deal, except for the date that Halo 4 is coming out, which is November 6th.

That date, for the uninformed, is the US presidential election day.

And, for the even more uninformed, Obama's supporters, at least last election, are made up greatly of young people........people that would be interested in Halo 4.

So, its very possible that Halo 4 could have an effect on who shows up to vote, which under the circumstances, that will favor Romney.

Just something I noticed. I like Halo 4 even more now.

I wonder, for people who wouldn't vote because they are too busy playing Halo 4, would they really have voted anyway, or would they have just been playing some other game?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 3:27:10 PM
They should also release Black Ops 2 on November 6.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 4:43:35 PM
I don't see it happening, Halo dropped off a long time ago, especially among guys old enough to vote and at all involved in politics.
Then again I guess people completely ignorant of politics often vote in the general election.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 6:40:53 PM
At 5/20/2012 3:25:58 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Diablo III is better.

Diablo II and Diablo III are sad attempts to recapture the amazingness of Diablo I.

I never played Diabo I, but I thought Diablo II was awesome. Diablo III, I am not far into it yet, is not bad, but is not awesome (yet).

Halo 4 and Halo 3 and Halo 2 and Halo:Whatever are all sad attempts to recapture the amazingness of Halo 1.

Maybe, Command and Conquer has a few good sequels

Pertaining to the thread though, wouldn't this convince many people to go OUT to get the game (if they didn't preorder it), and decide to vote while they're out?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:04:52 PM
I can't say it would surprise me if large amounts of Obama's supporters are too lazy to vote this election.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/20/2012 9:08:34 PM
At 5/20/2012 6:40:53 PM, Contra wrote:
At 5/20/2012 3:25:58 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Diablo III is better.

I never played Diabo I, but I thought Diablo II was awesome. Diablo III, I am not far into it yet, is not bad, but is not awesome (yet).

There is no comparison. Diablo I was amazing... I sunk so many hours into that game... the atmosphere was just... great.

Maybe, Command and Conquer has a few good sequels

Pertaining to the thread though, wouldn't this convince many people to go OUT to get the game (if they didn't preorder it), and decide to vote while they're out?

I remember sitting in the mall for Halo 2(disappointing). No way in aitch eee double hockey sticks I would have stopped on my way there/back for anything short of a severed limb.