@gun control supporters

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 9:07:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
We all already knew this.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 10:21:14 PM
At 5/25/2012 9:08:13 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I did?

I have no sound, what did I already knew?

How criminals already break laws, and adding another law will do nothing and as they argue it is a joke and they are more afraid of armed citizens then cops. They are deterred by weapons. Keensaw Georgia has 100% gun ownership and since the law requiring owners to all own guns crime dropped 70%. That many liberla statistics of "oh guns are bad" are inflated, and guns save many many more lives then they take away. That the DC handgun ban rose crime dramatically and since it was struck down in DC v. Heller crime plummeted. That culture, not guns kill people. That countries that ban guns see increases in gun deaths and other deaths while the ban is in effect.

That's what we knew.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 10:24:40 PM
At 5/25/2012 10:21:14 PM, 16kadams wrote:
I did?

How criminals already break laws, and adding another law will do nothing and as they argue it is a joke and they are more afraid of armed citizens then cops. They are deterred by weapons. Keensaw Georgia has 100% gun ownership and since the law requiring owners to all own guns crime dropped 70%. That many liberla statistics of "oh guns are bad" are inflated, and guns save many many more lives then they take away. That the DC handgun ban rose crime dramatically and since it was struck down in DC v. Heller crime plummeted. That culture, not guns kill people. That countries that ban guns see increases in gun deaths and other deaths while the ban is in effect.

That's what we knew.

What do you do when guns get into schools?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 10:31:08 PM
At 5/25/2012 10:24:40 PM, Contra wrote:
I did?

That's what we knew.

have shooting ranges
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 10:41:48 PM
At 5/25/2012 10:31:08 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
I did?

That's what we knew.

have shooting ranges

I mean Columbine like situations.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 10:45:19 PM
At 5/25/2012 10:41:48 PM, Contra wrote:
I did?

That's what we knew.

have shooting ranges

Well there was already a ban on guns in the Columbine school so banning guns didn't exactly work now did it.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 10:51:01 PM
I did?

That's what we knew.

The question is why pick schools? All gun free zones (schools, post offices etc) have had the largest mass shootings. Why? See the pic below. No deterrence no reason not too, basic criminology friend.
http://concealedguns.procon.org...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/25/2012 10:53:13 PM
At 5/25/2012 10:45:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 5/25/2012 10:41:48 PM, Contra wrote:
I did?

That's what we knew.

have shooting ranges

Well there was already a ban on guns in the Columbine school so banning guns didn't exactly work now did it.

Yes guns where already banned, my point.

If they already break arson, murder, rape, or assault laws they would not mind another law. As criminals have said:

"I dont care if they take away my gun, I will go and buy two whether or not the laws exist" ~ Convict

"criminals like gun control, makes our victims unarmed while we are still armed. Gun control is a joke" ~ LA gang member.

Names hidden due to privacy.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:03:12 AM
I did?

That's what we knew.

You mean like in the 1940's and 1950's when school shootings were unheard of?
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 11:47:41 AM
I did?

That's what we knew.

http://www.nationalgunrights.org...
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 11:56:02 AM
At 5/26/2012 11:47:41 AM, DanT wrote:
I did?

That's what we knew.

Oh, come on Dan!

Think about it... someone who is evil/unstable enough to pick up a gun to start killing people with... they're going to look at that sign and say 'Whoa! There's a red circle crossing out a picture of a gun! I can't go in here, I'll get in trouble!'
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 12:15:49 PM
At 5/26/2012 11:56:02 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I did?

That's what we knew.

Oh, come on Dan!

Think about it... someone who is evil/unstable enough to pick up a gun to start killing people with... they're going to look at that sign and say 'Whoa! There's a red circle crossing out a picture of a gun! I can't go in here, I'll get in trouble!'

>.< They said "No one here can shoot back". Why is everyone in the politics forum illiterate?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 12:18:28 PM
At 5/26/2012 12:15:49 PM, DanT wrote:
At 5/26/2012 11:56:02 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I did?

That's what we knew.

Oh, come on Dan!

>.< They said "No one here can shoot back". Why is everyone in the politics forum illiterate?

Dam, my sarcasm font is broken again.

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 12:20:12 PM
Blaming guns for Columbine is like blaming spoons for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 12:47:54 PM
So you either four things:

1) Kids should be allowed to bring guns in school. Regardless of age, including the 6 year old that was the youngest school shooter in US history in my home state in Flint in the early 2000s.

2) Kids should be given mandatory guns. It will come out of property taxes.

3) The schools should have armed guards.

4) A combination of any of the above.

I would pick #3. I don't want a mentally deranged kid holding a gun. Even if I had the chance to shoot back.

I don't think schools should be firing zones.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 1:04:15 PM
At 5/26/2012 12:47:54 PM, Contra wrote:
So you either four things:

1) Kids should be allowed to bring guns in school. Regardless of age, including the 6 year old that was the youngest school shooter in US history in my home state in Flint in the early 2000s.

2) Kids should be given mandatory guns. It will come out of property taxes.

3) The schools should have armed guards.

4) A combination of any of the above.

I would pick #3. I don't want a mentally deranged kid holding a gun. Even if I had the chance to shoot back.

I don't think schools should be firing zones.

When did anyone say we should provide kids with guns?

We're merely saying that it's not like gun laws stop kids from bringing in guns. I cold EASILY smuggle into my school guns, and not just a pistol, I could smuggle in a rifle, bombs, knives ect.

If I really wanted to shoot someone, some rules not gonna stop me.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 1:35:15 PM
Nobody in their right mind thinks everyone should have a gun. Do we give guns to babies?

Do we give guns to people with no control over their motor skills?

Contra, you are dodging the point. A sign that says 'no guns' won't stop someone who wants to kill people.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 1:51:12 PM
Gun control works, just ask Nazi Germany, USSR, and other dictatorships! It is a proved fact that gun control increases violence.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 6:21:35 PM
At 5/26/2012 1:35:15 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Nobody in their right mind thinks everyone should have a gun. Do we give guns to babies?

Contra, you are dodging the point. A sign that says 'no guns' won't stop someone who wants to kill people.

I understand. I support gun rights, I just think we should be more careful. No fully auto guns.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 6:37:49 PM
At 5/26/2012 6:21:35 PM, Contra wrote:

I understand. I support gun rights, I just think we should be more careful. No fully auto guns.

For civilian purposes, it doesn't make a difference. Nobody is going to go around mowing people down with a M240 SAW. Nearly all shootings happen with pistols and/or shotguns. Fully auto guns are mostly for collectors, since they are ridiculously expensive.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 6:43:48 PM

I'm not decided on what lines should be drawn or where.

I'm saving up for a short-barreled shotgun and a short-barreled AR for home defense. It's scary how ineffective a pistol can be when it comes to stopping somebody, and shotguns are hard to maneuver. I want to be able to protect myself and my family how I see fit.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 6:56:31 PM
At 5/26/2012 6:37:49 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

For civilian purposes, it doesn't make a difference. Nobody is going to go around mowing people down with a M240 SAW. Nearly all shootings happen with pistols and/or shotguns. Fully auto guns are mostly for collectors, since they are ridiculously expensive.

Except this means that public automatic weapons (or public weapons at all) becomes ludicrous, because the only reason to have one is either to bring it to your home (which, assuming the police or judicial system works to any extent, includes a "reasonable belief" o.e. law to protect random searches), a shooting range (which is equivalent of previous) or to shoot people.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 6:57:37 PM
At 5/26/2012 6:56:31 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
At 5/26/2012 6:37:49 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Except this means that public automatic weapons (or public weapons at all) becomes ludicrous, because the only reason to have one is either to bring it to your home (which, assuming the police or judicial system works to any extent, includes a "reasonable belief" o.e. law to protect random searches), a shooting range (which is equivalent of previous) or to shoot people.

What?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:10:07 PM
Handguns. Fine.

But there is no reasonable justification to allow automatic, semi-automatic rifles or assault weapons. These should be made very hard to get, if not banned entirely.
Handguns can help reduce crime. Assault rifles simply make massacres easier.
Sapere Aude!
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:15:26 PM
At 5/26/2012 7:10:07 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Handguns. Fine.

But there is no reasonable justification to allow automatic, semi-automatic rifles or assault weapons. These should be made very hard to get, if not banned entirely.

Rifles do more than that. They protect you. Handguns have very little actual stopping power, especially if somebody is acting under the influence of certain drugs.

Also, in rural areas a handgun is a poor way to defend yourself.

Anyway, if you just ban rifles, the baddies will still get rifles. It's just the good guys that won't have access to them.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:19:52 PM
At 5/26/2012 7:15:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Handguns. Fine.

Rifles do more than that. They protect you. Handguns have very little actual stopping power, especially if somebody is acting under the influence of certain drugs.

Anyway, if you just ban rifles, the baddies will still get rifles. It's just the good guys that won't have access to them.

So what you are saying is that handguns don't deter crime....contradicting all facts to the contrary.

Prove that assault rifles A) don't do more harm than handguns when used by criminals and B) are significantly more effective than handguns at deterring crime.

Once you do both, I can take you seriously.
Sapere Aude!
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:24:30 PM
At 5/26/2012 7:19:52 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Handguns. Fine.

So what you are saying is that handguns don't deter crime....contradicting all facts to the contrary.

Prove that assault rifles A) don't do more harm than handguns when used by criminals and B) are significantly more effective than handguns at deterring crime.

You don't need to prove whether it is more dangerous whether a criminal gets it or not, because a criminal can get it anyways. Legal or illegal.

Second off, why should something have to deter crime for people to actually be allowed to buy it. Should I have to prove that debate.org should deter crime so that people can be allowed to use DDO?
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/26/2012 7:29:39 PM
At 5/26/2012 7:19:52 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
Handguns. Fine.

No, that's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that rifles are more effective at stopping a baddy than a handgun. Stopping power. Physical force. Hydrostatic shock.

I can prove that rifles are significantly more effective than handguns at stopping a criminal.

It's basic information for law enforcement and FBI agent training.

http://en.wikipedia.org...

If you really want to get into it, you can study ballistics of different calibers, see the hydrostatic shock factors, temporary cavity expansion, etc.

If you are serious about home defense, it comes down to shotguns and rifles.

Pistols I would say do more damage in the hands of criminals. Pistols can be easily concealed, more easily acquired, etc... You can get high capacity magazines and automatic pistols...

I'll admit, it's a tough debate, but I don't want the government telling me that I can't have a short-barrel shotgun or an assault rifle.