Jump to topic:

Does anyone here like Pelosi?

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:05:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does anyone here like Pelosi? I mean, she is asinine and a habitual liar inaccurate on almost all accounts and one of the biggest morons to ever step in congress! She is incompetent!

Questions for those who like her, why do you like her and what has she done that may convince me otherwise?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:06:22 PM
No. She is a b!tch.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:10:10 PM
I kind of find her annoying. But she is better than Boehner.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:10:40 PM
She is the only women to be house majority leader, so I respect that. I don't care much for her personally, but she does come from a very liberal district, and for all I know she is doing exactly what her constituency wants her to do.
Debate.org Moderator
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:10:47 PM
At 5/28/2012 2:10:10 PM, Contra wrote:

Both are equal nuts in my opinion. BTW, contra, do you find her graph to be inaccurat?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:11:01 PM

But even Boehner is better than McConnell.
Sapere Aude!
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:11:09 PM
At 5/28/2012 2:10:47 PM, Microsuck wrote:

Both are equal nuts in my opinion. BTW, contra, do you find her graph to be inaccurat?

This is what I'm talking about http://www.debate.org...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:11:26 PM

Which graph?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:13:48 PM
At 5/28/2012 2:11:09 PM, Microsuck wrote:

Somewhat deceptive. But those who claim Ronald Reagan was fiscally responsible but trash Obama because he isn't are just lunatics of high hyprocrisy.

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 2:13:55 PM
At 5/28/2012 2:11:26 PM, Contra wrote:

Which graph?

The debt graph (see link above)
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 10:24:17 PM
At 5/28/2012 2:05:43 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Does anyone here like Pelosi? I mean, she is asinine and a habitual liar inaccurate on almost all accounts and one of the biggest morons to ever step in congress! She is incompetent!

Questions for those who like her, why do you like her and what has she done that may convince me otherwise?

She is borderline retarded.

"Every week we don't pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs." ~ Nancy Pelosi

"I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels." ~ Nancy Pelosi

"Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program" ~ Nancy Pelosi

"[Gas] is almost 3 times what it was when president bush took office. It was dollar something ($1.44) when he took office, now it's $2.56 on average" ~ Nancy Pelosi
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:01:51 PM
At 5/28/2012 10:24:17 PM, DanT wrote:

"Every week we don't pass a Stimulus package, 500 million Americans lose their jobs." ~ Nancy Pelosi

"I believe in natural gas as a clean, cheap alternative to fossil fuels." ~ Nancy Pelosi

"Unemployment benefits are creating jobs faster than practically any other program" ~ Nancy Pelosi

"[Gas] is almost 3 times what it was when president bush took office. It was dollar something ($1.44) when he took office, now it's $2.56 on average" ~ Nancy Pelosi

Funny quotes.

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love."

- Mitt Romney

Also the quote on my sig that I've had there for a while.

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:28:27 PM
She's ugly.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/28/2012 11:37:12 PM

The first and last one are funny. 2nd and 3rd not so much.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:05:16 AM
What I wonder is how she even gets elected repetitively since it's unanimous that she is abusive with her powers.She has no real respect for the parliament.

No, I am not fond of her. I think she has hurt congress in multiple ways.
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:07:06 AM
She's from CALIFORNIA.

Thats all you should need to know!
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:17:01 AM
At 5/29/2012 9:05:16 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:
What I wonder is how she even gets elected repetitively since it's unanimous that she is abusive with her powers.She has no real respect for the parliament.

We don't have a parliamentary system.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:18:19 AM
At 5/29/2012 9:17:01 AM, DanT wrote:
At 5/29/2012 9:05:16 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:

He's from Arizona, we can let it slide.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:19:24 AM

Pelosi's worse than Obama. At least Obama knows what hemis doing. Pelosi does things out of sheer stupidity. Here are two of my favrite quotes from her:

"We should pass this bill [Obamacare] just to see what's in it"
"The Government has more effect on jobs than business does"

Sheer stupidity.
cbrhawk1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:23:57 AM

By definition we are, although no one can tell since bills are thrown out by committee with just a couple of people actually writing the bills. You might have 20 people in the senate and like 50 from the House of Representatives with real legislative power aside from voting.
"All science is 'wrong.'" ~ drafterman
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 9:30:48 AM
At 5/29/2012 9:23:57 AM, cbrhawk1 wrote:

By definition we are, although no one can tell since bills are thrown out by committee with just a couple of people actually writing the bills. You might have 20 people in the senate and like 50 from the House of Representatives with real legislative power aside from voting.

In the US the legislature and the Executive are separate. However Woodrow Wilson wished to turn congress into a parliamentary system.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:12:01 AM
At 5/28/2012 2:13:48 PM, Contra wrote:
At 5/28/2012 2:11:09 PM, Microsuck wrote:

Somewhat deceptive. But those who claim Ronald Reagan was fiscally responsible but trash Obama because he isn't are just lunatics of high hyprocrisy.

+1. Not an Obama supporter by any means but, as Ron Paul said of the Reagan years when he quit the Republican Party temporarily in the late 80s:

"Since 1981, however, I have gradually and steadily grown weary of the Republican Party's efforts to reduce the size of the federal government. Since then Ronald Reagan and the Republican Party have given us skyrocketing deficits, and astoundingly a doubled national debt. How is it that the party of balanced budgets, with control of the White House and Senate, accumulated red ink greater than all previous administrations put together?

Tax revenues are up 59 percent since 1980. Because of our economic growth? No. During Carter's four years, we had growth of 37.2 percent; Reagan's five years have given us 30.7 percent. The new revenues are due to four giant Republican tax increases since 1981.

All republicans rightly chastised Carter for his $38 billion deficit. But they ignore or even defend deficits of $220 billion, as government spending has grown 10.4 percent per year since Reagan took office, while the federal payroll has zoomed by a quarter of a million bureaucrats."
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/29/2012 10:13:39 AM
At 5/28/2012 11:01:51 PM, Contra wrote:

Funny quotes.

"I believe in an America where millions of Americans believe in an America that's the America millions of Americans believe in. That's the America I love."

- Mitt Romney

Also the quote on my sig that I've had there for a while.

I wouldn't say those Romney quotes are evidence of stupidity/lack of knowledge, as the Pelosi quotes seem to be. They are evidence of social awkwardness/trying to pander to voters at all costs/telling them what they want to hear. He's a really awkward guy no doubt, and I would never support him as President, but Mitt Romney is not an idiot.