Was Obama born in the U.S.?

PervRat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 8:49:33 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
This question was put to North Carolinians recently

46% of the general North Carolinian population either believe he was not born in the U.S. or are not sure.

76% of North Carolinians believe Obama was either not born in the U.S. or they are not sure.

A follow-up question asked whether they believed Hawaii was a state in the U.S.

8% of the general North Carolina population was either uncertain or was certain Hawaii is not a state of the United States. 12% of Republican North Carolinians believed Hawaii is not a state of the United States, or were not certain.

Source: http://www.publicpolicypolling.com...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 8:56:01 PM
At 8/11/2009 8:49:33 PM, PervRat wrote:
8% of the general North Carolina population was either uncertain or was certain Hawaii is not a state of the United States. 12% of Republican North Carolinians believed Hawaii is not a state of the United States, or were not certain.

Fail.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 8:57:17 PM

46% of the general North Carolinian population either believe he was not born in the U.S. or are not sure.

76% of North Carolinians believe Obama was either not born in the U.S. or they are not sure.

Respondants, not population.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 9:27:35 PM
So, the question remains.

Is Hawaii a state?

I've always thought of it as a USFG conspiracy to get to an even 50 states. 49 states just doesn't look cool enough.

---

We had a thread on this topic earlier:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 9:33:33 PM
At 8/11/2009 9:27:35 PM, Nags wrote:
So, the question remains.

Is Hawaii a state?

I've always thought of it as a USFG conspiracy to get to an even 50 states. 49 states just doesn't look cool enough.

It's those damn atheists corrupting our perfect union that was a square of the 7 celestial bodies.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 10:45:21 PM

That was a poll made by automatic telephone calling. I'm pretty sure anybody with a brain hangs up as soon as they get called by a machine.
46% of the population in NC believing that Obama is possibly not a natural born citizen? Nah. I don't think so. Not even americans are that stupid.
So prove me wrong, then.
Puck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 11:20:44 PM
At 8/11/2009 10:45:21 PM, regebro wrote:

That was a poll made by automatic telephone calling. I'm pretty sure anybody with a brain hangs up as soon as they get called by a machine.
46% of the population in NC believing that Obama is possibly not a natural born citizen? Nah. I don't think so. Not even americans are that stupid.

http://www.nytimes.com...

>.>
bearsfan
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/11/2009 11:34:24 PM
Why are we concerned about this? Obama is clearly from another planet.
"I'd like to have more self esteem but I don't deserve it" - Woody Paige

"Some people have a way with words, others not have way" - Woody Paige

"Nostalgia isn't what it used to be" - Woody Paige

"My French teacher is muy caliente!" - Woody Paige

"It's not rocket surgery" - Woody Paige

"I'm schizophrenic and so am I!" - Woody Paige
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 12:19:54 AM
At 8/11/2009 11:20:44 PM, Puck wrote:
At 8/11/2009 10:45:21 PM, regebro wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com...

Science does not equal intelligence.
So prove me wrong, then.
regebro
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 1:32:15 AM
At 8/12/2009 12:55:55 AM, Puck wrote:
I wasn't aware I said it did. :P

"One adult American in five thinks the Sun revolves around the Earth"

That's not almost 50% as in the Obama Poll.
So prove me wrong, then.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 3:28:05 AM
What does it matter? He's an American, right?

It reminds me of an incident during the election campaign when a woman suggested that Obama was a Muslim and McCain replied that he wasn't, he was a "family man".

So what if he was a Muslim? And can't Muslim men also be family men? And would McCain have said the same thing if she had accused Obama of being a Christian?

The point is, he is the best man for the job and his place of birth and his religious background should be irrelevant.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 6:45:17 AM
They did produce his certificate and two newspaper cuttings announcing his birth. And then the right produced a fake Kenyan Birth Cert.

FAIL
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
ToastOfDestiny
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 8:00:01 AM
At 8/12/2009 6:45:17 AM, I-am-a-panda wrote:
They did produce his certificate and two newspaper cuttings announcing his birth. And then the right produced a fake Kenyan Birth Cert.

FAIL

Well, temporary success for the right. They swindled some people into a hard anti-Obama stance.
At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
Our demise and industrial destruction
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Only exists in your head, as already shown.

At 10/11/2009 8:28:18 PM, banker wrote:
reveal why you answer with a question mark
At 10/11/2009 10:00:21 PM, regebro wrote:
Because it was a question.

RFDs Pl0x:
http://www.debate.org...
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 9:45:50 AM

Evidence plz.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 10:19:30 AM
At 8/12/2009 8:00:01 AM, ToastOfDestiny wrote:

FAIL

Well, temporary success for the right. They swindled some people into a hard anti-Obama stance.

I don't know if it can be called successful. When Bil O'Reilly tells you you are being unreasonable, you know you've done something very very wrong.
Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:03:54 AM
At 8/12/2009 9:45:50 AM, MTGandP wrote:

Evidence plz.

The evidence is in the link he provided earlier. http://www.nytimes.com...
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:14:30 AM
I used to think Alaska should be a Canadian province.

Then I saw Sarah Palin. Now I want to separate the landmass from us.

But, that beings me to this question; how many Americans do you think understand Alaska was once Russian? Or is not connected to the continental US? I bet at least a quarter don't.

This could be a fun game!
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:17:14 AM
At 8/12/2009 11:14:30 AM, Volkov wrote:
I used to think Alaska should be a Canadian province.

Then I saw Sarah Palin. Now I want to separate the landmass from us.

But, that beings me to this question; how many Americans do you think understand Alaska was once Russian? Or is not connected to the continental US? I bet at least a quarter don't.

This could be a fun game!

Bar is far too low.

I wonder how many think Russia is still communist.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.
studentathletechristian8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:23:47 AM
At 8/12/2009 3:28:05 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
What does it matter? He's an American, right?

It reminds me of an incident during the election campaign when a woman suggested that Obama was a Muslim and McCain replied that he wasn't, he was a "family man".

So what if he was a Muslim? And can't Muslim men also be family men? And would McCain have said the same thing if she had accused Obama of being a Christian?

The point is, he is the best man for the job and his place of birth and his religious background should be irrelevant.

He is clearly not the best man for the job. Obviously, Obama has screwed us over to an extreme degree. Look at the recent "Cash for Clunkers" and the health care bill.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:26:46 AM
At 8/12/2009 11:21:17 AM, mongeese wrote:
I wonder how many people believe in twin telepathy. Far too many do.

Well, there is still strong belief that astrology can accurately describe your future in career, love life and etc., so it wouldn't surprise me if over 50% believe in 'twin telepathy.'
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:35:17 AM

FAIL

They produced a certificate of live birth (COLB), not a birth certificate. It's been explained over and over again why a COLB is not the same as a birth certificate.
sherlockmethod
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:46:24 AM
The COLB issue is made up. My "vault copy" is a called a COLB. The document produced is all that is needed. Isn't this great! Liz Cheney was not even able to say she thinks this whole movement is nutty because the Repubs need these people.

Democratic Strategist: "How can we make Repubs sound just like the fringe wing nuts at WND? Maybe link them to a conspiracy theory or something?"

[Liz Cheney interview] [Sarah Palin and "death panels" statement]

Democratic Strategist: "Never mind. They don't need our help"

I say keep the issues going! Why stop the trains when we can enjoy the wreck.
Library cards: Stopping stupid one book at a time.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:54:58 AM
When speculations that McCain was born elsewhere arose, he produced his actual birth certificate.

When speculations that Obama was born elsewhere arose, he produced his COLB.

Doesn't make sense to me.
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 11:57:12 AM
The Republicans, like the Conservatives here, have two main issues with their image.

One; Stupid individuals. Not necessarily that their members are stupid, but what they say is sometimes stupid. This is why no Conservative here is allowed to speak out on their own - Harper knows they'll just say something stupid. Same with the Republicans.

Two; Stupid movements. The Republicans have these "birthers," these anti-health care people, these evangelical 'death squad' promoting former governors... it is pure fodder for the Democrats. The right-wing of North American seems to be deers trapped in the headlights of an oncoming leftist truck.

Until both of these issues are resolved, you'll have things like this birther movement taking hold and strangling the life out of it - Liz Cheney's inability to call them out is just an example.
JBlake
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 12:07:36 PM
At 8/12/2009 11:35:17 AM, Nags wrote:

FAIL

They produced a certificate of live birth (COLB), not a birth certificate. It's been explained over and over again why a COLB is not the same as a birth certificate.

They also produced two newspaper articles announcing his birth in Honolulu. It would have to be quite the conspiracy (and a poorly executed one, at that) for them to have planted the newspaper clippings in the 60's, knowing he would one day run for president and his birthplace would be in doubt. Yet, in devising this plan they somehow forgot the birth certificate.

I think it is pretty clear that he was born in Hawaii.
Xer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 12:14:07 PM
At 8/12/2009 12:07:36 PM, JBlake wrote:
At 8/12/2009 11:35:17 AM, Nags wrote:

FAIL

They also produced two newspaper articles announcing his birth in Honolulu. It would have to be quite the conspiracy (and a poorly executed one, at that) for them to have planted the newspaper clippings in the 60's, knowing he would one day run for president and his birthplace would be in doubt. Yet, in devising this plan they somehow forgot the birth certificate.

I think it is pretty clear that he was born in Hawaii.

I've never heard that before. Source plz?
MTGandP
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/12/2009 12:39:22 PM
At 8/12/2009 11:03:54 AM, Osiris wrote:
At 8/12/2009 9:45:50 AM, MTGandP wrote:

Evidence plz.

The evidence is in the link he provided earlier. http://www.nytimes.com...

Oh, so the New York Times just knows this. Hmm.