Jump to topic:

Man Eats Another Man's Face

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:52:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
A man in Miami was shot and killed when police found him on the side of the highway (naked) eating the face off an elderly man (also naked). The police were forced to shoot and kill the attacker because when ordered to cease and desist he growled like a zombie.

The man was later found to have been under the influence of the new popular drug bath salts.

Aren't drugs wonderful?

http://www.examiner.com...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:54:27 PM
Yes, and?

This is still no reason to prohibit bath salts. Or really any drug for that matter.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:54:53 PM
At 5/30/2012 4:52:43 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
A man in Miami was shot and killed when police found him on the side of the highway (naked) eating the face off an elderly man (also naked). The police were forced to shoot and kill the attacker because when ordered to cease and desist he growled like a zombie.

The man was later found to have been under the influence of the new popular drug bath salts.

Aren't drugs wonderful?

oh why are some people so stupid?
Me
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:55:05 PM

Aren't drugs wonderful?

wondering how long till someone brought up the zombie attack.... As if it was political.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:55:06 PM
Are you in favor of banning alcohol, because the amount of violent crimes committed as a result of alcohol is extraordinary high.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:55:15 PM
Yes there is.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:55:21 PM

Aren't drugs wonderful?

So. disgusting. >_<

FREEDO, stay away from the bath salts!!!
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:55:47 PM
At 5/30/2012 4:54:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Yes, and?

This is still no reason to prohibit bath salts. Or really any drug for that matter.

Are you serious?

It caused him to eat a man's face. The man is in critical condition. You really want to threaten the public like that?

Sigged by the way.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:55:49 PM
Yes, and?

explain yourself!
Me
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:56:12 PM
At 5/30/2012 4:55:06 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Are you in favor of banning alcohol, because the amount of violent crimes committed as a result of alcohol is extraordinary high.

Yes actually I am. I'm in favor of prohibition.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 4:57:44 PM
At 5/30/2012 4:56:12 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 5/30/2012 4:55:06 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Yes actually I am. I'm in favor of prohibition.

I am in favor of public prohibition AKA not being able to leave your property while under the influence. Private drinking is fine.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:02:42 PM
At 5/30/2012 4:55:47 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Yes, and?

Are you serious?

It caused him to eat a man's face. The man is in critical condition. You really want to threaten the public like that?

Sigged by the way.

First and foremost, there will probably never be common ground on this issue between us, judging from your statement about alcohol.

Secondly, the police haven't even officially released the bloodwork on this guy. Yes, he was high on bath salts, but to assume it's the sole cause is really...interesting. There could be preexisting psychological issues.

Thirdly, even if it was the sole cause, it's not the state's job to prevent the opportunity for someone to hurt someone else. That is called a nanny state. Furthermore, murder, battery, assault, all are crimes already. It's akin to banning video games because they supposedly make people more violent--which is what nutters like Hilary Clinton wish to do.

Fourthly, do you honestly think the cost of prohibiting something is genuinely worth it? Prohibiting a substance only gives money to brutal cartels and drug lords, and stirs up more violence than that which might, MIGHT be caused while on the drug.

Lastly, I'm flattered. I've always wanted to be in a person's wall of fail.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:03:07 PM
At 5/30/2012 4:55:49 PM, yoda878 wrote:
Yes, and?

explain yourself!

See my response to CP.

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:03:39 PM
Purple Rain
Worse than swearing, worse than calling names
Purple Rain
Use it, and you will go insane
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:04:15 PM
Car batteries can be used to make drugs, so can any number of common household items.. There are chemicals in tons of stuff people use daily, and the overwhelming majority of people don't misuse them.

This face eating thing is pretty messed up..

But isn't saying we should now ban bath salts a bit reactionary and unnecessary?

As far as I know this has happened to 1 out of nearly 7 billion people on the planet.. does anyone know of another case?

Before we ban some generally benign things, lets be sure to look at all the facts.
Debate.org Moderator
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:05:55 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:02:42 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Yes, and?

Are you serious?

Sigged by the way.

First and foremost, there will probably never be common ground on this issue between us, judging from your statement about alcohol.

Secondly, the police haven't even officially released the bloodwork on this guy. Yes, he was high on bath salts, but to assume it's the sole cause is really...interesting. There could be preexisting psychological issues.

Thirdly, even if it was the sole cause, it's not the state's job to prevent the opportunity for someone to hurt someone else. That is called a nanny state. Furthermore, murder, battery, assault, all are crimes already. It's akin to banning video games because they supposedly make people more violent--which is what nutters like Hilary Clinton wish to do.

Fourthly, do you honestly think the cost of prohibiting something is genuinely worth it? Prohibiting a substance only gives money to brutal cartels and drug lords, and stirs up more violence than that which might, MIGHT be caused while on the drug.

I am just 100% anti-drug. I don't like the idea that any substance that can alter a person's mind can be allowed to be circulated. It's degrading and dangerous. That is my personal belief.

I am 100% against the Nanny state you know that. But my experience with drug users and alcohol has made me so turned off to the idea and so turned off to the substances that I will fight against it til the day I die.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:07:27 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:04:15 PM, airmax1227 wrote:
Car batteries can be used to make drugs, so can any number of common household items.. There are chemicals in tons of stuff people use daily, and the overwhelming majority of people don't misuse them.

But isn't saying we should now ban bath salts a bit reactionary and unnecessary?

As far as I know this has happened to 1 out of nearly 7 billion people on the planet.. does anyone know of another case?

Before we ban some generally benign things, lets be sure to look at all the facts.

But I had a strong emotional reaction to this face-eating story! Clearly bath salts should be banned.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:09:42 PM

Not this specific case, though bath salts are often abused. Though i agree, it's not a legitimate reason to ban bath salts.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:10:47 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:05:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Yes, and?

Are you serious?

Sigged by the way.

I am just 100% anti-drug. I don't like the idea that any substance that can alter a person's mind can be allowed to be circulated. It's degrading and dangerous. That is my personal belief.

I am 100% against the Nanny state you know that. But my experience with drug users and alcohol has made me so turned off to the idea and so turned off to the substances that I will fight against it til the day I die.

In the case that I am misrepresented, I am personally very against negative drugs as well. I will, if all went according to plan, never drink, smoke, nor do any street, or negative, drug. I think drugs and doing drugs are stupid. Crack is whack.

At the same time though, I believe that the state 1) has no business existing, but 2) has no business with prohibiting substances. I also have friends that recreationally do drugs, and I don't judge them.

But, again, I have no interest in even trying illicit drugs.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:12:00 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:10:47 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 5/30/2012 5:05:55 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
Yes, and?

Are you serious?

Sigged by the way.

In the case that I am misrepresented, I am personally very against negative drugs as well. I will, if all went according to plan, never drink, smoke, nor do any street, or negative, drug. I think drugs and doing drugs are stupid. Crack is whack.

At the same time though, I believe that the state 1) has no business existing, but 2) has no business with prohibiting substances. I also have friends that recreationally do drugs, and I don't judge them.

But, again, I have no interest in even trying illicit drugs.

Which I understand. It's just a clash of fundamental beliefs here that won't be resolved.
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:12:43 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:09:42 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

Not this specific case, though bath salts are often abused. Though i agree, it's not a legitimate reason to ban bath salts.

Even apples are abused for facilitating drug use. Cat nip, oregano, nutmeg.. Household cleaning supplies.. Certainly it's a problem, but like you said, these fairly uncommon incidents are not enough just to start banning things that most use responsibly.
Debate.org Moderator
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:13:39 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:07:27 PM, Oryus wrote:

But I had a strong emotional reaction to this face-eating story! Clearly bath salts should be banned.

Bath salts is the name of the drug. It's not household bath salts.

The drug is also called "Purple Rain," "Ivory Wave," "Vanilla Sky," or "Bliss"
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:14:54 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:13:39 PM, DanT wrote:

I was just about to say this. I was confused. People aren't literally snorting bath salts. It's a drug name.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:15:26 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:12:43 PM, airmax1227 wrote:

Even apples are abused for facilitating drug use. Cat nip, oregano, nutmeg.. Household cleaning supplies.. Certainly it's a problem, but like you said, these fairly uncommon incidents are not enough just to start banning things that most use responsibly.

cough syrup, mouthwash, wild lettuce, coleus plant, glue, dusters, paint, sharpies, gasoline, etc. etc..........
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:15:56 PM

"The powdery substance comes in a small packet, and can be inhaled, swallowed or injected, according to a report from the National Institutes of Health.

The drug is manufactured by street chemists and sold in convenience stores or online, often legally. Sellers were able to sell the drug legally since its emergence in 2009 by marketing the substance as either bath salts or "plant food" or "insect repellant," and stipulating "not for human consumption" on the label."

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com...
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:17:40 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:15:26 PM, Oryus wrote:

cough syrup, mouthwash, wild lettuce, coleus plant, glue, dusters, paint, sharpies, gasoline, etc. etc..........

I was once walking down the gardening isle at K-mart and a friend of a friend who was there pointed to some seeds and said, "those can be used to get high"
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:17:52 PM

Oh..
http://www.nydailynews.com...

Well it's already classified as a schedule 1.. so it's already banned...
Debate.org Moderator
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:18:57 PM
No your Honor, I never meant for this product to be consumed by humans. That's why I clearly stated on the label "Will cause you to eat peoples' faces".
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:18:58 PM
Correlation does NOT IMPLY CAUSATION.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
airmax1227
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/30/2012 5:19:29 PM
At 5/30/2012 5:15:26 PM, Oryus wrote:

Yeah the list could go on forever.. People who want to get high will find a way...
Debate.org Moderator