Jump to topic:

ATTENTION ALL MARYLANDERS!! (nac)

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:27:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Please join me in helping fight for LGBT equality in marriage. Please sign the "Marylanders for marriage equality" petition here http://www.change.org...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:29:13 PM
At 6/1/2012 12:27:37 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Please join me in helping fight for LGBT equality in marriage. Please sign the "Marylanders for marriage equality" petition here http://www.change.org...

I don't live in Maryland; it would not be proper.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:30:18 PM
Also, you are not allowed to spam the forums.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
LibertyCampbell
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:32:40 PM

Stuff like this is gets on my nerves. "Marriage equality" is such a misnomer. Either adherents can't realize that or they don't bother because anything with 'equality' in it has, historically, been worshipped by the public.
"[Society] has no vested interest in continuing to exist." -RP
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:33:17 PM
At 6/1/2012 12:30:18 PM, DanT wrote:
Also, you are not allowed to spam the forums.

It isn't spam.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:41:36 PM

Pointless. A referendum is in the hands of the people, not the senate or the Governor. Also, it looks like enough signatures have already be obtained[1]. Even then, all this does is put the bill itself in the hands of the people for the November election. Latest polls seems to indicate most people in favor of gay marriage but, regardless, there isn't anything you can do about a referendum.

[1] http://www.washingtonpost.com...
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:42:45 PM
Also, you are Petitioning the Governor, yet imploring the Senate. Two branches of government here. The sentate has already passed the bill and the Governor has already signed it. I can't imagine what more you expect them to do about the matter.
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:48:50 PM
At 6/1/2012 12:42:45 PM, drafterman wrote:
Also, you are Petitioning the Governor, yet imploring the Senate. Two branches of government here. The sentate has already passed the bill and the Governor has already signed it. I can't imagine what more you expect them to do about the matter.

should fix that. Anyway, still post your petition to say that you support it.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:51:29 PM

looked at the petition and was not.

The Governor of MD
The MD State Senate
The MD State House
Maryland Senate
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/1/2012 12:53:57 PM
At 6/1/2012 12:48:50 PM, Microsuck wrote:

should fix that. Anyway, still post your petition to say that you support it.

First, you say "I implore the Maryland senate not to take the bill to referendum." The Senate doesn't take the bill to referendum, the people do. A referendum is, itself, a type of petition. So basically you're trying to get signatures for a petition to try and stop a different petition? It doesn't work like that.

And I'll support it when I vote on it in November.