Jump to topic:

Gary Johnson

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 7:12:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Does anyone know anything about Gary Johnson (the LP candidate)? I am really considering supporting him as I agree with him on all the issues. I especially want feedback from the people of new mexico (16kadams)
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 7:14:51 PM
At 6/2/2012 7:12:25 PM, Microsuck wrote:
Does anyone know anything about Gary Johnson (the LP candidate)? I am really considering supporting him as I agree with him on all the issues. I especially want feedback from the people of new mexico (16kadams)

He's a Libertarian. Fiscally extreme Conservative and socially Liberal. And why do you need people from New Mexico?
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 7:16:42 PM
At 6/2/2012 7:14:51 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

He's a Libertarian. Fiscally extreme Conservative and socially Liberal. And why do you need people from New Mexico?

Well cause he was govenor of NM so I was especially ears for their opinion considering they lived under him.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 7:17:43 PM
At 6/2/2012 7:16:42 PM, Microsuck wrote:

Well cause he was govenor of NM so I was especially ears for their opinion considering they lived under him.

Oh. Makes sense.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 10:08:02 PM
I'm voting for Gary Johnson, assuming paul is out he's the only decent man running.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 10:44:07 PM
At 6/2/2012 10:08:02 PM, lewis20 wrote:
I'm voting for Gary Johnson, assuming paul is out he's the only decent man running.

+infinity.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 11:01:07 PM
His big thing is marijuana.

When he left office he was one of the 4 governors to have balanced the budget. (budget surplus)

Cut 1200 jobs without firing anyone

Vetoed 32% of the bills sent to him (meaning less govt expansion)

Cut taxes 14 times -- no increases.

Works hard for abortion & marijuana rights

Created 20,000 jobs (a lot for our small state)

Vetoed more bills then all other hobbies combined while in office -- 750

Used mainly his own money when he went for governor, not other peoples.

Followed strict small govt approach

6 cent gasoline gas tax cut

Improved schools, till Richardson (after him) killed them again.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 11:09:33 PM
At 6/2/2012 11:01:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:

When he left office he was one of the 4 governors to have balanced the budget. (budget surplus)

So I'd say he has a good track record...
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 11:21:51 PM
Is legalizing weed his big thing or does he just catch the most flak for that position?

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/2/2012 11:30:36 PM
At 6/2/2012 11:21:51 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Is legalizing weed his big thing or does he just catch the most flak for that position?

i'm guessing the latter.

I think his biggest thing in his campaign is how fisically conservative he is.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 12:03:10 AM
At 6/2/2012 11:55:38 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
Anything that will grow support for Libertarianism.

+1
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 1:17:04 PM
At 6/2/2012 11:09:33 PM, Microsuck wrote:
At 6/2/2012 11:01:07 PM, 16kadams wrote:

So I'd say he has a good track record...

He has the best economic and fiscal record of the NM governors I know about.

So yes.
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 1:18:00 PM

Only slightly
mongoose
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 1:21:02 PM
He has decided to fully support gay marriage, though I am certain that he would prefer the government to not recognize marriage at all.
It is odd when one's capacity for compassion is measured not in what he is willing to do by his own time, effort, and property, but what he will force others to do with their own property instead.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 1:26:41 PM
At 6/3/2012 1:21:02 PM, mongoose wrote:
He has decided to fully support gay marriage, though I am certain that he would prefer the government to not recognize marriage at all.

That's his view
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 1:29:06 PM
At 6/3/2012 1:26:41 PM, 16kadams wrote:

That's his view

I'm begining to go that direction myself. I'm begining to think that the gov't should stay out of marriage.
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 1:34:36 PM
At 6/3/2012 1:29:06 PM, Microsuck wrote:

That's his view

I'm begining to go that direction myself. I'm begining to think that the gov't should stay out of marriage.

+1. Gov't, stay out! You know, one of the questions on a political test was "Which do you like better". 1. Government to stay out of Religion and 2. Religion to stay out of Government. I say both.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 5:38:00 PM
At 6/3/2012 1:34:36 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

That's his view

+1. Gov't, stay out! You know, one of the questions on a political test was "Which do you like better". 1. Government to stay out of Religion and 2. Religion to stay out of Government. I say both.

I fully agree. I am Libertarian on this issue. Being socially liberal, I agree with libertarians much of the time on social issues, but libertarians are usually extreme, which is not good. I can think of examples. Plenty of them.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 5:42:11 PM
At 6/3/2012 5:38:00 PM, Contra wrote:

That's his view

I fully agree. I am Libertarian on this issue. Being socially liberal, I agree with libertarians much of the time on social issues, but libertarians are usually extreme, which is not good. I can think of examples. Plenty of them.

That's probably my main issue with Libertarians as well.

I'm not for the government being to invasive, but I do think there are some things they should control.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 6:36:08 PM

That's his view

+1. The smaller the government, the better
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 8:48:13 PM
At 6/3/2012 5:42:11 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/3/2012 5:38:00 PM, Contra wrote:

That's his view

That's probably my main issue with Libertarians as well.

I know.
I'm not for the government being to invasive, but I do think there are some things they should control.
Ok. So we should control things like when people get to die, people's medical treatment, people's drug decisions, a woman's womb, a marriage? Anything else?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 8:58:44 PM
At 6/3/2012 6:36:08 PM, Microsuck wrote:

That's his view

Why?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:05:31 PM
At 6/3/2012 8:58:44 PM, Contra wrote:

That's his view

Why?

Because federal govt only ever serves the special interest groups.

Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:06:19 PM

That's his view

Why?

Because smaller government=lower national debt.
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:12:30 PM
I agree that he would be the best man running, but a vote for him is a vote wasted seeing as someone from the Libertarian party isn't going to win, they'll need to first acquire the Republican Nomination
My legend begins in the 12th century
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:14:36 PM
At 6/3/2012 9:12:30 PM, TheOrator wrote:
I agree that he would be the best man running, but a vote for him is a vote wasted seeing as someone from the Libertarian party isn't going to win, they'll need to first acquire the Republican Nomination

When there are two evils and a good, voting for the good isn't a vote wasted, it's just voting for who should win.

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:18:11 PM
At 6/3/2012 9:05:31 PM, lewis20 wrote:

That's his view

Why?

Because federal govt only ever serves the special interest groups.

Progressives like myself oppose such a federal gov't that is influenced strongly by corporatism.

But the government can provide some services to the public better than the private sector. The gov't is better at providing defense, insurance, utilities, and equal access to opportunity than any other institution.

TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/3/2012 9:19:34 PM
At 6/3/2012 9:14:36 PM, lewis20 wrote:
At 6/3/2012 9:12:30 PM, TheOrator wrote:

When there are two evils and a good, voting for the good isn't a vote wasted, it's just voting for who should win.

When a vote doesn't make an impact on the election, it's a wasted vote. As unfortunate as it is, and please don't think I support this situation, it's currently a choice between the devil we know and the devil who hasn't done wrong yet
My legend begins in the 12th century