Jump to topic:

A strange place for quotas

Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 11:32:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I just had my contract negotiations for the Navy delayed to the first week of July. Why? The local recruiting office filled its quota for males but not females for the month of June.

I know the military has a lot of constitutional exemptions, but those are usually for reasons of exigency. What purpose is served by exempting it from the no quotas rule of Regents of the University of California v. Bakke?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 12:08:22 PM
If your stuck on a ship or submarine with a bunch of guys for long periods of time with no girls, then there's a good chance you might go over to the forbidden side.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 12:20:55 PM
Teh sex is not teh legal aboard teh naval vessels, so that can't be the official rationale (and until 2010 women weren't allowed on subs, cause you can't copter them off when they get pregnant despite those rules, like you can on ships. Speaking of which, teh ghey sexing does not result in an imminent need for teh coptering off).
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 12:21:53 PM
Also, teh DADT is teh done remember?

http://www.nytimes.com...