Total Posts:103|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Address

1Historygenius
Posts: 1,639
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:47:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is very important. 60 years of the queen. God save the queen!
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:55:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Hmm, cool.

Good for her.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Contra
Posts: 3,941
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 2:59:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 2:55:06 PM, OberHerr wrote:
Hmm, cool.

Good for her.

+1
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:11:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 2:47:13 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
This is very important. 60 years of the queen. God save the queen!

traitor.. :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:13:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

As if anyone is worshiping her.

You really never have anything nice to say about things, do you?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:13:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

lol while I honestly find the British royal bloodline really unnecessary, I think we should respect their culture. She's not a thief, she looks like a very kindhearted person
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:17:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:13:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

As if anyone is worshiping her.

You really never have anything nice to say about things, do you?

I have nice things to say about nice people.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:18:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:13:35 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

lol while I honestly find the British royal bloodline really unnecessary, I think we should respect their culture. She's not a thief, she looks like a very kindhearted person

I'll do my best to look kindhearted if I can sit around all day in luxury at the taxpayers' expense.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:20:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:18:01 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:13:35 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

lol while I honestly find the British royal bloodline really unnecessary, I think we should respect their culture. She's not a thief, she looks like a very kindhearted person

I'll do my best to look kindhearted if I can sit around all day in luxury at the taxpayers' expense.

You should blame the people that sustain and finance the tradition of the royal family, not the royal family itself. Those are the people behind all this vain fanfare.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:22:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:17:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:13:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

As if anyone is worshiping her.

You really never have anything nice to say about things, do you?

I have nice things to say about nice people.

Then why your not saying nice things about her, I have no idea.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Posts: 2,900
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:24:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

Y'know, I'm quite anti-monarchy myself, but...

GOD SAVE THE QUEEN
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:30:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:20:50 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:18:01 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:13:35 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

lol while I honestly find the British royal bloodline really unnecessary, I think we should respect their culture. She's not a thief, she looks like a very kindhearted person

I'll do my best to look kindhearted if I can sit around all day in luxury at the taxpayers' expense.

You should blame the people that sustain and finance the tradition of the royal family, not the royal family itself. Those are the people behind all this vain fanfare.

Royalty was created when a gang leader used violence to collect "taxes" (i.e. robbed people) in the guise of protecting them from him. (Extortion: give me money or I'll kill you). Any monarchical system is illegitimate. Over time, people came to accept it. They've been brainwashed into believing this nonsense; it is not their fault. We should never blame the victims.

Moreover, British law requires that the people fund them through taxes.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:30:29 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:22:03 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:17:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:13:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

As if anyone is worshiping her.

You really never have anything nice to say about things, do you?

I have nice things to say about nice people.

Then why your not saying nice things about her, I have no idea.

She's a thief. Do you say nice things about thieves?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:32:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I don't understand why everyone fawns over them. They literally do nothing for society except rob it of money. If I were a libertarian, I would argue that even homeless people are better than they are because homeless people are not stealing millions of dollars from society for personal gain. (I'm not libertarian so I will not be using such a condescending remark: I honestly believe that homeless people are better than these thieves).
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:32:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:30:29 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:22:03 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:17:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:13:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

As if anyone is worshiping her.

You really never have anything nice to say about things, do you?

I have nice things to say about nice people.

Then why your not saying nice things about her, I have no idea.

She's a thief. Do you say nice things about thieves?

If their nice thieves.

and, shes not a thief. She is receiving the money from the government.

Moreover, the only real way she could be a thief is if taxes were stealing, which they are not.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:34:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:32:56 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:30:29 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:22:03 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:17:30 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:13:01 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

As if anyone is worshiping her.

You really never have anything nice to say about things, do you?

I have nice things to say about nice people.

Then why your not saying nice things about her, I have no idea.

She's a thief. Do you say nice things about thieves?

If their nice thieves.

and, shes not a thief. She is receiving the money from the government.

Bingo. This is theft of public funds.
Moreover, the only real way she could be a thief is if taxes were stealing, which they are not.
Taxation is theft. You cannot force people to purchase your services. That's idiotic.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:39:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:06:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
I don't feel like worshiping someone just because she is a thief who uses the public's funds for personal expenses and because she is lucky enough to have been born into a line that descends from an individual who use violence in order to seize the funds of the people.

you jelly.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:44:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:41:19 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Royal, this video:



Likely won't change your mind, but interesting nonetheless.

The British Royal Family receives money from a number of sources both public and private. The official reported annual cost to the British Public of keeping the Royal Family was £41.5M for the 2008-09 period.[1] This figure is disputed as the real cost since it does not include the cost of security provided by the Police and the Army, the lost revenue of the Duchies of Cornwall and Lancaster and other expenses.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:46:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:45:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, your video is nonsense because they only own that land because they used theft and violence to obtain it.

So, because in the past thats how the land was acquired, thats their fault, and they should give it back?

Using that logic, just about every country in the world should give their land up to various peoples.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:47:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:46:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:45:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, your video is nonsense because they only own that land because they used theft and violence to obtain it.

So, because in the past thats how the land was acquired, thats their fault, and they should give it back?

Yes. If I kill you, I have no right to your property.
Using that logic, just about every country in the world should give their land up to various peoples.
Precisely.
darkkermit
Posts: 11,204
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:49:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:47:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:46:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:45:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, your video is nonsense because they only own that land because they used theft and violence to obtain it.

So, because in the past thats how the land was acquired, thats their fault, and they should give it back?

Yes. If I kill you, I have no right to your property.
Using that logic, just about every country in the world should give their land up to various peoples.
Precisely.

Except, as I've gone over many times before, there is no "just" way to distribute land ownership.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:49:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:47:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:46:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:45:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, your video is nonsense because they only own that land because they used theft and violence to obtain it.

So, because in the past thats how the land was acquired, thats their fault, and they should give it back?

Yes. If I kill you, I have no right to your property.
Using that logic, just about every country in the world should give their land up to various peoples.
Precisely.

Well that wouldn't f*** the world up one bit.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:50:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:47:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:46:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:45:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, your video is nonsense because they only own that land because they used theft and violence to obtain it.

So, because in the past thats how the land was acquired, thats their fault, and they should give it back?

Yes. If I kill you, I have no right to your property.
Using that logic, just about every country in the world should give their land up to various peoples.
Precisely.

Dat backfire.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:52:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:49:54 PM, darkkermit wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:47:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:46:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:45:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, your video is nonsense because they only own that land because they used theft and violence to obtain it.

So, because in the past thats how the land was acquired, thats their fault, and they should give it back?

Yes. If I kill you, I have no right to your property.
Using that logic, just about every country in the world should give their land up to various peoples.
Precisely.

Except, as I've gone over many times before, there is no "just" way to distribute land ownership.

No, you just don't agree with the just distribution mechanism.

Also, how does this justify unjust behavior? If I were to kill your parents tomorrow, should I be able to seize their property or would you expect the courts to give it to you as inheritance?
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:52:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/5/2012 3:49:58 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:47:34 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:46:51 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 6/5/2012 3:45:44 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Also, your video is nonsense because they only own that land because they used theft and violence to obtain it.

So, because in the past thats how the land was acquired, thats their fault, and they should give it back?

Yes. If I kill you, I have no right to your property.
Using that logic, just about every country in the world should give their land up to various peoples.
Precisely.

Well that wouldn't f*** the world up one bit.

If the world is unjust, it is our duty to change it.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/5/2012 3:52:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Queen does seem like a nice enough person, but royal is ironically right about the Royals.

I respect the British culture, but I do find it to be a shame that the people's money is going to fund the luxury of a family which does nearly nothing for the country than stay alive. Oh, and look nice.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus