Total Posts:253|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Your Most Unpopular Political View

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:33:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:30:58 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Democrats are just as bad as Republicans.

C'mon. You can do better than that.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
MouthWash
Posts: 2,607
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:36:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At this rate, probably my belief that marriage is between a man and a woman. Liberals love to feel persecuted and outnumbered by the conservative hordes, but I mentioned it on another forum and was flamed until the thread got locked.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:36:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:33:18 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:30:58 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Democrats are just as bad as Republicans.

C'mon. You can do better than that.

Are you serious? I would have been kicked out of school if I uttered those words.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:39:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
F***, I dunno. Death penalty for stealing a candy bar is a perfectly acceptable solution? Abolish age of consent? Abolish taxes and replace with user fee governance? (Addendum to this: No protection of the law for nonpayers)? You tell me which of these is most unpopular.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 1:50:35 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:39:14 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Fuck, I dunno. Death penalty for stealing a candy bar is a perfectly acceptable solution? Abolish age of consent? Abolish taxes and replace with user fee governance? (Addendum to this: No protection of the law for nonpayers)? You tell me which of these is most unpopular.

See this, guys? Ragnar has game. Democrats and Republicans the same? Opposed to gay marriage? Are fucking kidding me? That is some lame ass shit.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:02:43 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I think the education system should be abolished.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:12:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:50:35 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/8/2012 1:39:14 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Fuck, I dunno. Death penalty for stealing a candy bar is a perfectly acceptable solution? Abolish age of consent? Abolish taxes and replace with user fee governance? (Addendum to this: No protection of the law for nonpayers)? You tell me which of these is most unpopular.

See this, guys? Ragnar has game. Democrats and Republicans the same? Opposed to gay marriage? Are fucking kidding me? That is some lame ass shit.

Lmfao.

Hehe. It's not even safe to talk about truly unpopular stances on the phone.

On the Internet, where there's an inherent transcript?

Might as well keep it to yourself. ;)
YYW
Posts: 36,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:12:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 1:21:53 AM, FREEDO wrote:
Go!

We live in a society of the last man; such is the tragedy of the modern age.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Posts: 36,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:13:31 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:02:43 AM, bossyburrito wrote:
I think the education system should be abolished.

I agree.
Tsar of DDO
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:16:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:12:08 AM, Ren wrote:
Lmfao.

Hehe. It's not even safe to talk about truly unpopular stances on the phone.
That feminine reproductive organ you have for a mouth is not suitable to live in a free society.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:25:24 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:16:29 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:12:08 AM, Ren wrote:
Lmfao.

Hehe. It's not even safe to talk about truly unpopular stances on the phone.
That feminine reproductive organ you have for a mouth is not suitable to live in a free society.

Orly?

Bold words coming from someone who's mentioned only impossibilities and abstractions thus far. News flash: anyone can tout something they'd never be tested on.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:30:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You're contradicting yourself. The supposedly "impossible" things (they certainly aren't inherently impossible) are evaluated by you as such because they are unpopular. And yet here you are, declaring fear to speak unpopular things, when you just said anyone can do it.

They're "abstract," but not in the derogatory sense you mean, they are easy to concretize. In fact, one instance of it was tested a few years ago in a small town in Tennessee. Someone didn't pay the fire department user fee. When his house caught fire, they let his house burn down. I spoke out in support of this at the time, just as I would if the police or a hospital acted similarly by declining to save a life from a murderer/car wreck/whatever on the grounds of nonpayment.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:38:58 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:30:07 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You're contradicting yourself. The supposedly "impossible" things (they certainly aren't inherently impossible) are evaluated by you as such because they are unpopular. And yet here you are, declaring fear to speak unpopular things, when you just said anyone can do it.

They're "abstract," but not in the derogatory sense you mean, they are easy to concretize. In fact, one instance of it was tested a few years ago in a small town in Tennessee. Someone didn't pay the fire department user fee. When his house caught fire, they let his house burn down. I spoke out in support of this at the time, just as I would if the police or a hospital acted similarly by declining to save a life from a murderer/car wreck/whatever on the grounds of nonpayment.

Yeah?

Lol, do you pay taxes? State it here: are you guilty of tax evasion? Have you or would you kill a child for stealing candy from you? Do you have sex with children?
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:40:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I didn't berate you for not violating the law, I berated you for being too afraid to speak on a goddamn anonymous forum. Apples and oranges.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:41:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And I abide by most laws, aside from things like jaywalking.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:43:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:40:37 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I didn't berate you for not violating the law, I berated you for being too afraid to speak on a goddamn anonymous forum. Apples and oranges.

Lol, if you think this is really anonymous to any interested parties for such subjects, then you're being uncharacteristically naive.

I'm not "afraid to speak," getattahea. I didn't say anything of the sort. However, in terms of truly unpopular political views, you can guarantee that it's either been discussed to death already by the people here (LOL, this is debate-dot-org), or it won't be mentioned.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:47:39 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:43:39 AM, Ren wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:40:37 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I didn't berate you for not violating the law, I berated you for being too afraid to speak on a goddamn anonymous forum. Apples and oranges.

Lol, if you think this is really anonymous to any interested parties for such subjects, then you're being uncharacteristically naive.
It's just anonymous enough that your boss or whatever isn't going to instantly know. The FBI is not going to look into whether you engaged in abstract advocacy of legalizing sex with children under a pseudonym on the internet and then tell everybody about it, unless you also have links to child porn mixed in with your advoacy or something.


I'm not "afraid to speak," getattahea. I didn't say anything of the sort. However, in terms of truly unpopular political views, you can guarantee that it's either been discussed to death already by the people here (LOL, this is debate-dot-org), or it won't be mentioned.
Define what would be a "truly unpopular view." I doubt one percent of one percent of the population has my views on taxes for example.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:49:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fvck the police
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:52:15 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:47:39 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:43:39 AM, Ren wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:40:37 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
I didn't berate you for not violating the law, I berated you for being too afraid to speak on a goddamn anonymous forum. Apples and oranges.

Lol, if you think this is really anonymous to any interested parties for such subjects, then you're being uncharacteristically naive.
It's just anonymous enough that your boss or whatever isn't going to instantly know. The FBI is not going to look into whether you engaged in abstract advocacy of legalizing sex with children under a pseudonym on the internet and then tell everybody about it, unless you also have links to child porn mixed in with your advoacy or something.


I'm not "afraid to speak," getattahea. I didn't say anything of the sort. However, in terms of truly unpopular political views, you can guarantee that it's either been discussed to death already by the people here (LOL, this is debate-dot-org), or it won't be mentioned.
Define what would be a "truly unpopular view." I doubt one percent of one percent of the population has my views on taxes for example.

Well, take estate tax for example: http://www.debate.org...

Kinda evidences that more people would agree than you apparently assume.

And, well... how genuine are you being if you come in here claiming that you advocate child molestation and you don't have links to child porn?

A truly unpopular view would be one that's actually unpopular that you truly hold. Someone who's really against taxes won't pay them. Tax evasion isn't difficult.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 2:57:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:52:15 AM, Ren wrote:
Well, take estate tax for example: http://www.debate.org...

Kinda evidences that more people would agree than you apparently assume.
The view that you shouldn't tax estates after having taxed income, when you'll also tax the inheritor's sales; is radically different from the view that all forms of taxation should be prohibited.


And, well... how genuine are you being if you come in here claiming that you advocate child molestation and you don't have links to child porn?
Does the left pass out their bank accounts for people to use for health care while advocating for universal health care?
(Note that I said that I advocate legalizing consensual sex with children-- i.e., legally recognizing affirmative statements of consent as being actual consent. This is different from "Advocating child molestation--" it changes advocacy of removing a law about a thing to advocacy of the thing itself, and it also changes what the thing is.)


A truly unpopular view would be one that's actually unpopular that you truly hold. Someone who's really against taxes won't pay them.
That's nonsensical. I pay taxes when the government demands it, not because I'm not against taxes, but because I'm against prison/not eating

Tax evasion isn't difficult.
It is when the taxes you pay are sales taxes :P.

It's not difficult to go kill a kid either. Might be a bit harder to be certain of getting away with it.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:10:14 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 2:57:53 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 6/8/2012 2:52:15 AM, Ren wrote:
Well, take estate tax for example: http://www.debate.org...

Kinda evidences that more people would agree than you apparently assume.
The view that you shouldn't tax estates after having taxed income, when you'll also tax the inheritor's sales; is radically different from the view that all forms of taxation should be prohibited.


And, well... how genuine are you being if you come in here claiming that you advocate child molestation and you don't have links to child porn?
Does the left pass out their bank accounts for people to use for health care while advocating for universal health care?
(Note that I said that I advocate legalizing consensual sex with children-- i.e., legally recognizing affirmative statements of consent as being actual consent. This is different from "Advocating child molestation--" it changes advocacy of removing a law about a thing to advocacy of the thing itself, and it also changes what the thing is.)

I mean, I was just kidding around, until you had to say that my mouth is a vagina for saying it... but, wow, you're really saying that, aren't you?

You're really going to take the bait and straight up say that you think child molestation should be legal? Child molestation isn't a legal term, fool. xD It's the sexual abuse of a child, and it has several moderate to severe mental and physiological repercussions for the child.

Accordingly, it will never be legal (ever again), inasmuch as piling excrement on the streets will never be legal again, or beating the shiit out of your wife for no reason will never be legal again.

...which makes it an abstraction that you're just bullshiiting about unless you're seriously a child molester. At 22, you're certainly old enough to be one.

That's fvcked up, bro. But, hey -- that's what FREEDO was looking for, right?

Huzzah!
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:14:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You're really going to take the bait and straight up say that you think child molestation should be legal? Child molestation isn't a legal term, fool
Reading comprehension. I said nothing of the sort and did not treat it as a legal term.

It's the sexual abuse of a child
And I do not advocate abuse, i.e., the initation of force or fraud. I advocate freedom between consenting persons. Volenti non fit injuria. There can be no abuse of the willing.

...which makes it an abstraction that you're just bullshiiting about unless you're seriously a child molester.
That doesn't make any sense. Advocating freedom that someone else would take advantage of is not "bulls***" just because the advocate is not that someone else.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:17:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Let's say, for example, meth was so unpopular we somehow knew omnsiciently that never would it anywhere be legal.

Would someone who said they advocated meth legalization be lying unless they were a meth user? Of course not. That doesn't make a lick of goddamn sense.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:20:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 3:14:49 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
You're really going to take the bait and straight up say that you think child molestation should be legal? Child molestation isn't a legal term, fool
Reading comprehension. I said nothing of the sort and did not treat it as a legal term.


It's the sexual abuse of a child
And I do not advocate abuse, i.e., the initation of force or fraud. I advocate freedom between consenting persons. Volenti non fit injuria. There can be no abuse of the willing.

Dude.

Children cannot render consent. :\

C'mon, you're a grown asss man. You've interacted with children before. Clear through their teens, they are mentally fvcking retarded, and an adult starting a sexual relationship with a child is taking advantage of them.

As they get younger, there is inherent physiological damage that results from the sexual abuse of an adult.

This is not to mention the inherent mental issues that often result from a child engaging in sexual relations with an adult.

Child molestation isn't illegal because it's icky. It's actually a really serious issue.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:21:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/8/2012 3:17:04 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Let's say, for example, meth was so unpopular we somehow knew omnsiciently that never would it anywhere be legal.

Would someone who said they advocated meth legalization be lying unless they were a meth user? Of course not. That doesn't make a lick of goddamn sense.

The difference is that drug abuse is a victimless crime.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2012 3:22:16 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
And, by the way -- for those who advocate drug legalization, chances are, they do some form of drug.

Are you really telling me that you think there's any significant proportion of drug legalization supporters that are straightedge?

Ha.