Jump to topic:

Worst Actions/Policies of Obama

Wallstreetatheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 4:03:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I tried watching Fox News the other day to see if they could coherently place some blame on Obama's policies/actions, but all they did was the same association fallacy and ad hominem stuff. Can DDO compile a list of failures of the Barack Obama presidency?
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 4:07:11 PM
He was a commie.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 4:16:49 PM
Hes black
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 4:18:32 PM
He was a nazi
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 4:49:52 PM
He is a Muslim.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 5:11:51 PM
http://www.debate.org...
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 5:57:01 PM
He's gay.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 7:48:56 PM
At 6/11/2012 4:03:50 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:
I tried watching Fox News the other day to see if they could coherently place some blame on Obama's policies/actions, but all they did was the same association fallacy and ad hominem stuff. Can DDO compile a list of failures of the Barack Obama presidency?

He has extended the patriot act, and made it so US citizens can also be sent to Gitmo. He has authorized the assassination of US citizens, even though the constitution states that US citizens cannot be deemed traitors unless they confess in open court, or else 2 witnesses testify in open court.

He increased minimum wage to $7.25 per hour, in the midst of an economic recession; which most economists would agree is a horrible move during a time of mass lay offs.

He forced through the Healthcare Bill; no republicans voted for it, yet some democrats voted against it. At the time the bill passed, Gallup polls showed that Americans were fiercely against it. The healthcare bill unconstitutionally forces people to purchase health insurance, and forces those who cannot afford it to subscribe to tax payer funded healthcare. After the healthcare bill passed, many of the companies Obama got to endorse the bill finally got a chance to read it, and than those companies stated that the bill would force them to lay off employees to make up the difference in cost. (oops... >.<)

Obama increased government spending, as well as the debt; faster than any other President in History.

Obama has used Keynesian economics to prop up companies artificially, which cannot be sustained; that's why they kept passing more stimulus packages. By the way, the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 is the reason the recession did not end in 2008; it lead to a temporary increase in the GDP from $14.25T in Feb 08 to $14.60 in June 08; after the effects wore off it lead to another dip down to $13.99T in December of 08. Obama continued to pump more and more spending into the economy, to hold it up, instead of letting the markets correct themselves.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 8:45:48 PM
You guys are terrible. (lol jk DDO)

At 6/11/2012 7:48:56 PM, DanT wrote:
He has extended the patriot act, and made it so US citizens can also be sent to Gitmo. He has authorized the assassination of US citizens, even though the constitution states that US citizens cannot be deemed traitors unless they confess in open court, or else 2 witnesses testify in open court.

Obama openly stated his reasoning for the decision, and more importantly saw the objections. I believe that American citizens shouldn't be sent to gitmo. And yes I disagree with the degrading of our civil liberties very much, but it was the conservative Congress that didn't want to close Gitmo.

He increased minimum wage to $7.25 per hour, in the midst of an economic recession; which most economists would agree is a horrible move during a time of mass lay offs.

Bush 43.

He forced through the Healthcare Bill; no republicans voted for it, yet some democrats voted against it. At the time the bill passed, Gallup polls showed that Americans were fiercely against it. The healthcare bill unconstitutionally forces people to purchase health insurance, and forces those who cannot afford it to subscribe to tax payer funded healthcare. After the healthcare bill passed, many of the companies Obama got to endorse the bill finally got a chance to read it, and than those companies stated that the bill would force them to lay off employees to make up the difference in cost. (oops... >.<)

I don't like it either.

Obama increased government spending, as well as the debt; faster than any other President in History.

THAT IS COMPLETE BULL CRAP.

Obama has used Keynesian economics to prop up companies artificially, which cannot be sustained; that's why they kept passing more stimulus packages. By the way, the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008 is the reason the recession did not end in 2008; it lead to a temporary increase in the GDP from $14.25T in Feb 08 to $14.60 in June 08; after the effects wore off it lead to another dip down to $13.99T in December of 08. Obama continued to pump more and more spending into the economy, to hold it up, instead of letting the markets correct themselves.

With a much larger stimulus, markets could heal, and become strong enough that when the stimulus gradually faded, a drop in GDP would be brief and not significant. This is what happened at the end of the largest stimulus in history, the US in WW2.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:10:50 PM
At 6/11/2012 8:45:48 PM, Contra wrote:

Obama openly stated his reasoning for the decision, and more importantly saw the objections. I believe that American citizens shouldn't be sent to gitmo. And yes I disagree with the degrading of our civil liberties very much, but it was the conservative Congress that didn't want to close Gitmo.

Obama doesn't need congress approval for closing the bay. He can just sign an executive order.

Bush 43.

Correct.

I don't like it either.

Let's say you spend one year $80,000. The next year $100,000.
Would you say you'd be more fiscally responsible If instead of spending $100,000 a year, that instead decided only to spend $110,000 a year? Then you justify be stating that you increased spending by less?

With a much larger stimulus, markets could heal, and become strong enough that when the stimulus gradually faded, a drop in GDP would be brief and not significant. This is what happened at the end of the largest stimulus in history, the US in WW2.

There are many differences between WW2 and the stimulus under Obama's administration. Mainly the US wasn't as in bad fiscal shape as it was in WW2. I've shown data that shows that based on Obama's own administration, the stimulus has done more harm not less.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com...

I actually accept keynesian economics, so there's no need to debate theory with me.
Open borders debate:
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:18:42 PM
At 6/11/2012 9:10:50 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Obama doesn't need congress approval for closing the bay. He can just sign an executive order.

Congress wouldn't release the funds to transfer the prisoners.

Bush 43.

Correct.

I don't like it either.

Would you say you'd be more fiscally responsible If instead of spending $100,000 a year, that instead decided only to spend $110,000 a year? Then you justify be stating that you increased spending by less?

No, but the change in spending is less then previous administrations presided over.

There are many differences between WW2 and the stimulus under Obama's administration. Mainly the US wasn't as in bad fiscal shape as it was in WW2. I've shown data that shows that based on Obama's own administration, the stimulus has done more harm not less.

The Obama stimulus was mostly tax rebates, and tax cuts. Only about 1/3rd was actual stimulus spending.

I actually accept keynesian economics, so there's no need to debate theory with me.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:26:22 PM

Who has the power to veto the extension? Oh that's right, Barry does!!!...
Who unconstitutionally ordered the assassination of US citizens? Og that's right, Barry did!!!...

Who likes blaming Bush and Republicans for all his faults? Oh that's right, Barry does!!!....

Bush 43.
Obama wanted to increase it even higher, to $9.50, now Democrats are trying to push through a bill to make it $10.
I am already having a hard time finding a job with minimum wage at $7.25, because I have an associates degree in business, but no prior work experience; and that's applying to convenient stores. $7.25 is just too high, and they want to raise it to $9.5 or $10. They are killing my future.

I don't like it either.

Meant to say deficit, not spending. One does not inherit spending, because it's a choice to continue previous expenses. Spending is not an issue, taxes and deficits are an issue; saying someone has increased spending is by it's self meaningless. Saying one increased taxes, or increased deficits is a completely different story, as both have ramifications. Also an increase in spending is not an increase in the size of government; an increase in variation in spending is an increase in the size of government, as is an increase in spending per tax payer.

Keynesian economics does not work!!! Historically it has been shown, never to work!!! Stop citing myths.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:26:23 PM
At 6/11/2012 9:18:42 PM, Contra wrote:
At 6/11/2012 9:10:50 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Congress wouldn't release the funds to transfer the prisoners.

Any evidence for this? The president is given some discretion on how to spend the money?

Bush 43.

Correct.

I don't like it either.

No, but the change in spending is less then previous administrations presided over.

That's the point of my analogy above. Obama still increased spending. He just increased it less. To that I said, who cares whether he increased it less than others? It's not fiscally responsible to increase spending less. Instead, the fiscally responsible thing to do is NOT to increase spending or DECREASE spending.

The Obama stimulus was mostly tax rebates, and tax cuts. Only about 1/3rd was actual stimulus spending.

Any source for this? Tax cuts are still considered a Keynesian multiplier:

http://en.wikipedia.org...

But you actually agree that the stimulus package was not done correctly?

Open borders debate:
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 9:37:10 PM

I already said I oppose the Patriot Act also. I agree that the Patriot Act/ NDAA actions are the worst things Obama has done. Under a Republican though, it would probably be expanded more than Obama has done.

Who unconstitutionally ordered the assassination of US citizens? Og that's right, Barry did!!!...

Al Qaeda's second in command. One dude who was committed and successfully killed many citizens worldwide.

Who likes blaming Bush and Republicans for all his faults? Oh that's right, Barry does!!!....

For the record I have never heard Obama blame Bush.

Obama wanted to increase it even higher, to $9.50, now Democrats are trying to push through a bill to make it $10.
I am already having a hard time finding a job with minimum wage at $7.25, because I have an associates degree in business, but no prior work experience; and that's applying to convenient stores. $7.25 is just too high, and they want to raise it to $9.5 or $10. They are killing my future.

If there was a minimum NIT like Friedman proposed, I would support getting rid of the minimum wage.

Meant to say deficit, not spending. One does not inherit spending, because it's a choice to continue previous expenses. Spending is not an issue, taxes and deficits are an issue; saying someone has increased spending is by it's self meaningless. Saying one increased taxes, or increased deficits is a completely different story, as both have ramifications. Also an increase in spending is not an increase in the size of government; an increase in variation in spending is an increase in the size of government, as is an increase in spending per tax payer.

Ok.

Keynesian economics does not work!!! Historically it has been shown, never to work!!! Stop citing myths.

Ha Ha

What do you call WW2? A magic miracle? Seriously? It just proved that the federal government can restore the economy to strength.

Any evidence for this? The president is given some discretion on how to spend the money?

I heard it on NPR a while back I think 2010.

That's the point of my analogy above. Obama still increased spending. He just increased it less. To that I said, who cares whether he increased it less than others? It's not fiscally responsible to increase spending less. Instead, the fiscally responsible thing to do is NOT to increase spending or DECREASE spending.

Ok, but many believe that job creation should be prioritized right now over deficit worries. Regardless of this fact, there should be a long term deficit reduction plan. And Obama has proposed one. His budget plan.

Eh, it is a less effective way of increasing economic growth.

I disagree with the tax rebates, but I think the green energy and infrastructure spending was a good idea. I favor stimulus spending, but it was probably too small. I will admit that I'm conflicted on the issue currently, about what happens when the stimulus money ends, would the economy recede back into recession causing gov't intervention doing more harm than help?

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/11/2012 10:20:05 PM
At 6/11/2012 9:37:10 PM, Contra wrote:

I heard it on NPR a while back I think 2010.

I'm not buying it unless sourced otherwise.

Ok, but many believe that job creation should be prioritized right now over deficit worries. Regardless of this fact, there should be a long term deficit reduction plan. And Obama has proposed one. His budget plan.

His plan does nothing to stabilize the economy after 2012 based on his own projections:
http://blog.american.com...

Eh, it is a less effective way of increasing economic growth.

Slide 13.
http://blog.american.com...

Under the theoretical models it doesn't matter If taxes are cut or government spends. The net effect is the same whether you cut a trillion dollars in taxes or increase government spending by a trillion.

Tax cuts under Bush and Reagan stimulated us out of a recession.

I disagree with the tax rebates, but I think the green energy and infrastructure spending was a good idea. I favor stimulus spending, but it was probably too small. I will admit that I'm conflicted on the issue currently, about what happens when the stimulus money ends, would the economy recede back into recession causing gov't intervention doing more harm than help?

Well the economy wouldn't go back into a recession because people would be investing and spending again.
Open borders debate:
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 1:00:15 AM
At 6/11/2012 9:37:10 PM, Contra wrote:

I already said I oppose the Patriot Act also. I agree that the Patriot Act/ NDAA actions are the worst things Obama has done. Under a Republican though, it would probably be expanded more than Obama has done.

Al Qaeda's second in command. One dude who was committed and successfully killed many citizens worldwide.

A.) He was not Al Qaeda's second in command... That is pure BS....
B.) Constitutionally he cannot be marked for assassination, at least until 2 witnesses testify before a judge or military tribunal, and found guilty.
C.) If an arrest was attempted to be made, rather than assassination, and he refused to surrender, than force can be used. Assassination of US citizens is unconstitutional, period! Don't make excuses for breaking the constitution!

For the record I have never heard Obama blame Bush.

Where have you been?

If there was a minimum NIT like Friedman proposed, I would support getting rid of the minimum wage.

Minimum wage is counter productive; instead of increasing the salary people below minimum wage, it puts them out of work. There is no good reason to have minimum wage laws.

Ok.

Ha Ha

What do you call WW2? A magic miracle? Seriously? It just proved that the federal government can restore the economy to strength.

No you cited a myth about WW2. There was massive bond drives because WWII was crippling our economy. We could not afford the war, and all our resources and businesses were redirected towards the war effort. Ever hear the old slogan, "Save your scrap to kill a Jap"? That's how thin we were stretching it!

The only legitimate argument one could make for WWII helping the US, is that competing countries were more devastated than we were.
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 3:00:31 PM
At 6/11/2012 4:03:50 PM, Wallstreetatheist wrote:

Running for POTUS thinking he really couls challenge the beauracrecy of Washington. If it was able to change it would have been by now. Folks need to stop thinking the politicians represent normal working class people on the whole.

The lack of common sense of most voters is why we go back and forth to elect people when the Big Wigs who control shares and sticks turn elections.