Jump to topic:

Democrats and the Middle Class

DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 2:37:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Democrats' definition of the middle class is never consistent. They have claimed homeless people are the middle class, and they have claimed people making 6 figure salaries are the middle class. Their definition of the middle class is loose, and changes according to how it can most benefit their propaganda.

I'm getting really tired of Democrats claiming they represent the middle class, when in reality they don't. The middle class is probably the only class not represented by Democrats. Democrats Represent the working class, the poor, and the rich; the only people they don't represent is the middle class and the super rich. Democrats have painted the working class, the poor, and the rich as middle class, so that the actual middle class can identify with them. If you ask me, it's sickening.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
kelly224
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 2:56:38 PM
At 6/12/2012 2:37:54 PM, DanT wrote:
Democrats' definition of the middle class is never consistent. They have claimed homeless people are the middle class, and they have claimed people making 6 figure salaries are the middle class. Their definition of the middle class is loose, and changes according to how it can most benefit their propaganda.

I'm getting really tired of Democrats claiming they represent the middle class, when in reality they don't. The middle class is probably the only class not represented by Democrats. Democrats Represent the working class, the poor, and the rich; the only people they don't represent is the middle class and the super rich. Democrats have painted the working class, the poor, and the rich as middle class, so that the actual middle class can identify with them. If you ask me, it's sickening.

I take it you have a limited view of the world. No political group represents any one class totally. There are rich men/women on both sides of the aisle. This insular way of thinking is why we vascilate every election cycle thinking we have a choice when in fact they BOTH represent the same interests REGARDLESS of whom is ocupying the political office.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 3:09:41 PM
At 6/12/2012 2:56:38 PM, kelly224 wrote:

I take it you have a limited view of the world. No political group represents any one class totally.
Didn't say they represented one class totally, I said they do not represent the middle class at all.
There are rich men/women on both sides of the aisle. This insular way of thinking is why we vascilate every election cycle thinking we have a choice when in fact they BOTH represent the same interests REGARDLESS of whom is ocupying the political office.

You missed my point entirely. I'm not even sure you read what I wrote.
Double_R
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 3:30:50 PM

If you are so concerned with democrats not providing consistent definitions perhaps you should provide some of your own. What do you consider the poor and working classes? And do you have any facts to support your rant?
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 4:18:53 PM
At 6/12/2012 3:30:50 PM, Double_R wrote:

If you are so concerned with democrats not providing consistent definitions perhaps you should provide some of your own. What do you consider the poor and working classes? And do you have any facts to support your rant?

Listen to any speech where they claimed they are helping the "middle class"; they would either be referencing people making between $200k and $500k a year or people making less than $40k a year.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2012 5:01:28 PM
And how do you Republicans define "middle class" in a way other than what translates politically to "maximized relevant" constituency?

Politicians use "middle class" as a code-word to mean "you," "lower class" as a code word for "people worse off than you" and "upper class" as "people better off than you."

The "you" is equivalent to Americans who, if mobilized, would vote for that politician.

So, for instance, we'd expect that if potential Republican voters have a higher absolute income than potential Democratic voters, the Republican's definition of "middle class" will be relatively higher than Democrats.