Obama's health care plan!

KeithKroeger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 10:49:51 PM
Posted: 7 years ago
Page 58 HR 3200

Will issue National Health cards that will determine if you are eligible for certain services or phsycians or specific facility.

Sorry I do not want the Government determining what health services I am eligible and not eligible for.
I win ;D
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 10:52:38 PM
This couldn't have been put into the other various Obama healthcare threads in this forum?

Besides, your insurance company already does the same thing. It's like saying you want the custard from the shelf on the right, not the shelf on the left. It is the same thing, with absolutely no difference except it comes from two different sources.

Besides, I have a health card and I've never had an issue, minus the hideous picture.
Rezzealaux
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 10:52:41 PM
Someone's doing their research :D
: If you weren't new here, you'd know not to feed me such attention. This is like an orgasm in my brain right now. *hehe, my name is in a title, hehe* (http://www.debate.org...)

Just in case I get into some BS with FREEDO again about how he's NOT a narcissist.

"The law is there to destroy evil under the constitutional government."
So... what's there to destroy evil inside of and above the constitutional government?
KeithKroeger91
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 11:13:58 PM
Page 430 HR 3200

"The level of treatment indicated under subparagraph(A)(ii) may range from a full indication for full treatment to an indication of to limit some or ALL or specified interventions."

hmm... sounds fishy to me.
I win ;D
Volkov
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2009 11:42:56 PM
At 8/17/2009 11:13:58 PM, KeithKroeger91 wrote:
Page 430 HR 3200

"The level of treatment indicated under subparagraph(A)(ii) may range from a full indication for full treatment to an indication of to limit some or ALL or specified interventions."

Since you seem to be taking quotes out of context, I'll fill in the blanks for you.

‘‘(5)(A) For purposes of this section, the term ‘order regarding life sustaining treatment' means, with respect to an individual, an actionable medical order relating to the treatment of that individual that—....
‘‘(ii) effectively communicates the individual's preferences regarding life sustaining treatment, including an indication of the treatment and care desired by the individual;"

Then further down comes your line:

It means that the government will abide by the individual's wishes pertaining to situations where they may or may not be taken off of life-sustaining medical care. There is nothing in this that overrides a person's stated wishes.

I see nothing fishy with this, and nothing that is really any different from private health insurance clauses.

You're getting this from the sources who advocate the "death panels" idea, aren't you?
I-am-a-panda
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/18/2009 9:30:01 AM
1) It's a public option, the same as Health insurance

2) The Death Panels are non-existent. Your Health Insurance company judges if your eligible for certain services.
Pizza. I have enormous respect for Pizza.