Jump to topic:

Give me 10 good reasons

SayWhat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 8:27:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
to vote for Mitt Romney over Barack Obama. And they must be good. Do research if you have to. Whoever offers the best 10 will get a cookie.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 8:28:03 PM
At 6/14/2012 8:27:01 PM, SayWhat wrote:
to vote for Mitt Romney over Barack Obama. And they must be good. Do research if you have to. Whoever offers the best 10 will get a cookie.

Do your own homework.
SayWhat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 8:29:09 PM
At 6/14/2012 8:28:03 PM, drafterman wrote:

Do your own homework.

Don't you want a cookie?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 8:35:42 PM
1) Obama increased the national debt by $6 trillion.
2) Thankfully Romney's plan decreases the debt relative to the economy. (http://www.google.com...)
3) Romney's tax plan rewards success and doesn't soak the rich
4) Romney's tax plan facilitates investments by the middle class into the stock market
5) Romney's plan makes America competitive for corporate business
6) Romney's plan will end our immigration problem, but bring one to Canada (jk)
7) Romney would end the job killing health care plan, which harms small business
8) Romney would recreate the free market our country was built to have
9) Romney would restore traditional American values, something we all know are authentic and deeply important to all of us.
10) Romney will change our country so we can all believe in America.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 8:35:45 PM
There are no good reasons. Politically, militarily, economically they're basically the same person. So unless you want to vote based off some completely irrelevant characteristics like skin color, religion, and superficial Party affiliation, they'res no use. But to humor you:

(1) Romney is a Mormon and Mormonism is new and hip.
(2) Romney is white and we all know white is right.
(3) Romney is a Republican; they're mostly white. Refer to 2.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 8:44:35 PM
At 6/14/2012 8:29:09 PM, SayWhat wrote:
At 6/14/2012 8:28:03 PM, drafterman wrote:

Do your own homework.

Don't you want a cookie?

I'd rather have a competent person voting.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 9:24:59 PM

The President is suppose to represent the Federation. The Senators represent the Free States, the House of Reps represents the people, and the President Represents the Federation as a whole; the people, the Free States, and the Union State.

When you vote for the President, or any Representative for that matter, it should be because they represent you as an individual, right or wrong.
I'm gonna vote Romney because he most closely represents my ideals out of the 2. I wish there was someone who represented me perfectly, but there i never gonna be a candidate that represents a large constituency perfectly. Therefore I'm voting Romney over Obama, who I fiercely disagree with.

If you want someone to convince you towards a certain ideology, you should word it as such. The Presidential election is not about ideology, it's about representation of the Federation. The President's leadership should not be limited to ideological preference, as he represent not only his party, but the Federation as a whole. As such, choosing a President based on his party is wrong, which is why I'm an advocate of the abolition of political parties.
If we are to have parties it should be confined to Pro-Administration, and Anti-Administration Parties; the membership of which would change with each administration.

I will only provide one good reason not to re-elect Obama, and it should be sufficient, given he nature of the President's role.
Obama is currently 27 states (54%) battling Obama in the courts. In addition Obama has shown a complete disregard for public opinion numerous times, include that of his own party let alone the general populace.

Obama does not represent the States, and he does not represent the people; Obama represents the ideological agenda of Obama, nothing more and nothing less. I find it hard to vote for someone I know will not represent the states or the people, to serve as the President of the federation.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:49:41 PM
Give me ten reasons to vote Barack Obama. You are going to need to do a lot of homework!
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 10:56:41 PM
Why vote for either of them? Really, what has either party done? Ran up a massive debt (every president has in the last 100 years, regardless of party), been making countless backroom dealer while jerking off the tax payer (and not in a good way) every step of the way.

How about you (and everyone else) tell the parties to go f*** over some other country (I think Italy is wanting to be F***ed over, they keep voting that way) and leave us alone?
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:16:20 PM
At 6/14/2012 10:56:41 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Why vote for either of them?
To keep the other one out of office, duh.

How about you (and everyone else) tell the parties to go f*** over some other country
Is there some connection between your sudden lack of cognizance of what options are on the table and your sudden gender swap?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2012 11:24:50 PM
At 6/14/2012 11:16:20 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

Hitler or Stalin, what wonderful choices.

How about you (and everyone else) tell the parties to go f*** over some other country
Is there some connection between your sudden lack of cognizance of what options are on the table and your sudden gender swap?

If I get to choose my own execution method, hanging or firing squad, I'll still tell them to f*** off, doesn't matter what gets picked, the result is the same. Likewise, it doesn't matter who is elected from those two, rights will be eaten away (different president will strip different rights), corruption will continue to run rampant through government, and taxpayer money will be wasted.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:07:45 AM
Why vote for either of them? Really, what has either party done?

WTF! You are not voting for a Party you are voting for a person.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:23:05 AM
At 6/15/2012 12:07:45 AM, DanT wrote:

These are people who have been pandering to those parties and are nothing more than fronts for them. Do you really think either Romney or Obama is going to do anything against their respective parties? Please, for the most part, they aren't really nominated by the people, but by the party, with some of the delegates going with the people just to let them think that they actually matter.

It's also funny how every "person" talks about so many issues, like balancing budget and protecting rights. Yet NONE OF THEM do any of it, ever. Right, voting for a "person," you're really just voting for a mask that the party dangles in front of you.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:23:19 AM

A person bought out buy major corporatist interests? No thanks. Whatever differences Romney tries to claim, all you're doing is lending your support to the perpetual problem of the two dominant parties. Romney's not worth that.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:49:09 AM
At 6/15/2012 12:23:19 AM, socialpinko wrote:

A person bought out buy major corporatist interests? No thanks. Whatever differences Romney tries to claim, all you're doing is lending your support to the perpetual problem of the two dominant parties. Romney's not worth that.

I agree with your position, but I fail to see how the two party system is the cause. How would the problem be solved if there were many different parties?
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 1:23:01 AM
At 6/15/2012 12:49:09 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

I agree with your position, but I fail to see how the two party system is the cause. How would the problem be solved if there were many different parties?

Well it's not the sole cause. Obviously two identical parties masquerading as in competition create quite a problem for real public consciousness, but I'd say the root of the problem lies in political democracy. We're not getting rid of that anytime soon though are we?
:
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 2:11:52 AM
At 6/15/2012 1:23:01 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/15/2012 12:49:09 AM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Well it's not the sole cause. Obviously two identical parties masquerading as in competition create quite a problem for real public consciousness, but I'd say the root of the problem lies in political democracy. We're not getting rid of that anytime soon though are we?

Constitutionally we are a Republic, not a democracy.

I say repeal the 17th amendment, and create a prohibition of political parties.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:29:38 PM

Romney has an awesome name.
Mitt 2012 will be the funniest campaign ever.
Romney will cause the Americans' economy to collapse so hard, Britain will need to annex it again.
I say so.
Romney is an awesome name.
Cake
Cake more
Cake most
Romney is an awesome name.
Everybody loves cake.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:38:39 PM
Why vote for either of them? Really, what has either party done? Ran up a massive debt (every president has in the last 100 years, regardless of party), been making countless backroom dealer while jerking off the tax payer (and not in a good way) every step of the way.

How about you (and everyone else) tell the parties to go f*** over some other country (I think Italy is wanting to be F***ed over, they keep voting that way) and leave us alone?

Because, unfortunately, whether you like it or not one of the two is going to be elected to office so you might as well vote for the one you think will do the least amount of harm to the country.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 12:47:38 PM
1 - Our employment situation hasn't gotten any better. We're still in double digit employment, no matter what U3 says.
2 - Our corporate tax rates are ridiculous. In some industries the effective rate is as high as 41%. At best, we are 4th or 5th highest in some industries, and 1st or 2nd highest in others.
3 - Forcing me to buy health insurance for myself is unconstitutional.
4 - U.S. Presidents should not bow in a submissive manner to other foreign leaders.
5 - U.S. Presidents should not pander to the black community by dropping -g's.
6 - Romney is a flip-flopper, so hopefully he will flip-flop on his stance of NDAA and get rid of it.
7 - I'm really just waiting for my defrag util to move the stupid boot files from the center of my hard drive to the beginning, so I can actually use the space for linux.
8 - Mormons are cool.
9 - FREEDO said so.
10 - I'm really a secret Bain investor who will profit from Romney raiding America's entitlement programs.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 1:22:32 PM

This X 1000.

The two party system is a sham designed to make you feel complacent as government continues to expand and steal from you, your civil liberties continue to be stripped away under the guise of providing security, the debt continues to get bigger, the dollar continues to decline in value, the wars continue to be waged (even after the wars are declared to be over, large amounts of troops/embassies always remain) and so on and so forth. Our debt is now at least equal to our GDP, possibly greater. This is all a massive failure of both parties - totally bipartisan.

Neither candidate has a real plan for dealing with the debt and reinstating fiscal responsibility. Neither candidate will do the fiscally, morally, and strategically correct thing when it comes to the hundreds of military bases we have in over a hundred countries... Namely, bringing them home. Government will continue to grow at a steady pace under both of them. Thus voting for either Obama or Romney will get you more of the same.

If you like America's state of affairs right now, vote for either Obama or Romney.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 1:26:32 PM
At 6/15/2012 1:22:32 PM, jat93 wrote:

This X 1000.

The two party system is a sham designed to make you feel complacent as government continues to expand and steal from you, your civil liberties continue to be stripped away under the guise of providing security, the debt continues to get bigger, the dollar continues to decline in value, the wars continue to be waged (even after the wars are declared to be over, large amounts of troops/embassies always remain) and so on and so forth. Our debt is now at least equal to our GDP, possibly greater. This is all a massive failure of both parties - totally bipartisan.

Neither candidate has a real plan for dealing with the debt and reinstating fiscal responsibility. Neither candidate will do the fiscally, morally, and strategically correct thing when it comes to the hundreds of military bases we have in over a hundred countries... Namely, bringing them home. Government will continue to grow at a steady pace under both of them. Thus voting for either Obama or Romney will get you more of the same.

If you like America's state of affairs right now, vote for either Obama or Romney.

Of course when I said "bringing them home" I was referring to the troops at the bases not the bases themselves. Referring mostly to places where our troops have been consistently since the Cold War era, where they still remain by the tens of thousands. Germany, Japan, Korea, for examples. Easiest way to save money by far, considering we can't afford it even if they weren't basically pointless.

And neither Obama nor Romney will talk about this or do anything about it.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 3:24:25 PM
At 6/15/2012 12:38:39 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Because, unfortunately, whether you like it or not one of the two is going to be elected to office so you might as well vote for the one you think will do the least amount of harm to the country.

How did it go choosing between Pol Pot and Pinochet? The least harm is still pretty substantial and every vote perpetuates the two party system bro.
:
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 9:10:33 PM
At 6/14/2012 11:24:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

This is more comparable to Hitler or Mussolini.

If I get to choose my own execution method, hanging or firing squad, I'll still tell them to f*** off, doesn't matter what gets picked, the result is the same.
If, on the other hand, someone asks whether you'd rather receive the fifty lashes or hanging, your choice does affect result somewhat from you.

Likewise, it doesn't matter who is elected from those two, rights will be eaten away (different president will strip different rights)
Therefore it can potentially matter, you have to find out. Do some cost bene stuff.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 9:11:38 PM
How did it go choosing between Pol Pot and Pinochet?
Hmm, famine and a slighter chance of murder or a slighter chance of murder combined with a decent economy. Hard choice.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:16:24 PM
At 6/15/2012 3:24:25 PM, socialpinko wrote:

How did it go choosing between Pol Pot and Pinochet? The least harm is still pretty substantial and every vote perpetuates the two party system bro.

Doesn't matter. You still have to choose A or B. It doesn't matter what you think of A or B you still have to choose between the two.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 10:18:30 PM
1. He's white.
10 All of the above.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:28:07 PM

Obama and Romney are freaking identical [1]. As you can see, most of America is no where close to them [2] and many of them are in the Libertarian wing. And far more lean towards strong libertarianism than even moderate authoritarianism.

The current political parties only hold on to their victories because they have brainwashed the public into falsely believing that they are the only choices. If the people can break free from this grip and realize that far more have libertarian beliefs, then we can actually get these two evils out of power for good.

They are just like the grasshoppers from A Bug's Life. They have bullied the people into thinking that they have no power to change this vicious cycle, but once the people realize how many numbers they actually have and the power that they actually hold once they decide to employ it.

[1] http://www.politicalcompass.org...
[2] http://www.gotoquiz.com...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2012 11:29:44 PM
At 6/15/2012 9:10:33 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 6/14/2012 11:24:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

This is more comparable to Hitler or Mussolini.

Still what wonderful choices

If I get to choose my own execution method, hanging or firing squad, I'll still tell them to f*** off, doesn't matter what gets picked, the result is the same.
If, on the other hand, someone asks whether you'd rather receive the fifty lashes or hanging, your choice does affect result somewhat from you.

Likewise, it doesn't matter who is elected from those two, rights will be eaten away (different president will strip different rights)
Therefore it can potentially matter, you have to find out. Do some cost bene stuff.

I believe Patrick Henry said it best.