DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 2:26:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/18/2012 11:24:27 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Dat confirmation bias, bro.

Also, mfw xenophobic morons aggregate all sects/offshoots of the Muslim Brotherhood to demonstrate how threatening it is while knowing exactly zero of the organization's history or social function: http://www.myfacewhen.com...

You got to admit though. Any group that calls themselves a Brotherhood, or Council, or Court, immediately sounds threatening.

The High Brotherhood. Aaah!
The High Court. Aaaaaah!
The High Council. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2012 2:30:22 PM
At 6/18/2012 2:26:56 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 6/18/2012 11:24:27 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Dat confirmation bias, bro.

Also, mfw xenophobic morons aggregate all sects/offshoots of the Muslim Brotherhood to demonstrate how threatening it is while knowing exactly zero of the organization's history or social function: http://www.myfacewhen.com...

You got to admit though. Any group that calls themselves a Brotherhood, or Council, or Court, immediately sounds threatening.

The High Brotherhood. Aaah!
The High Court. Aaaaaah!
The High Council. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!

Oh, and don't forget Corporation.

The High Corporation. Ooooooh. Scary!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 7:59:11 PM
1. "This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist." –on President Obama, sparking an advertiser exodus from his FOX News show, July 28, 2009

2. "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005

3. "When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

4. "The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

5. "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007

6. "I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. ... And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck's show on CNN's Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006

7. "Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing]." –"The Glenn Beck Program," May 1, 2007

8. "So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening." –"The Glenn Beck Program," March 9, 2009

9. "You have the artwork of Mussolini there, here in New York at Rockefeller Plaza." –analyzing the artwork decorating Rockefeller Plaza, which he said contained a hammer and sickle, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel, Sept. 2, 2009

10. "O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." –misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel

"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 8:18:39 PM
At 6/21/2012 7:59:11 PM, MouthWash wrote:
1. "This president I think has exposed himself over and over again as a guy who has a deep-seated hatred for white people or the white culture....I'm not saying he doesn't like white people, I'm saying he has a problem. This guy is, I believe, a racist." –on President Obama, sparking an advertiser exodus from his FOX News show, July 28, 2009

Idiot.

2. "I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. ... No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out. Is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, 'Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore,' and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, 'Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death.' And you know, well, I'm not sure." –responding to the question "What would people do for $50 million?", "The Glenn Beck Program," May 17, 2005

That SOB can rot in hell for even thinking this.

In a serious thinking however, he's an as@hole

3. "When I see a 9/11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, 'Oh shut up' I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

Wow.

4. "The only [Katrina victims] we're seeing on television are the scumbags." –"The Glenn Beck Program," Sept. 9, 2005

?

5. "I think there is a handful of people who hate America. Unfortunately for them, a lot of them are losing their homes in a forest fire today." –on why people who lost their homes in forest fires in California had it coming, "The Glenn Beck Program," Oct. 22, 2007

Hypocrite.

6. "I have been nervous about this interview with you because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies. ... And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way." –interviewing Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), the first Muslim U.S. congressman, Glen Beck's show on CNN's Headline News, Nov. 14, 2006

7. "Al Gore's not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization...And you must silence all dissenting voices. That's what Hitler did. That's what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing]." –"The Glenn Beck Program," May 1, 2007

8. "So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening." –"The Glenn Beck Program," March 9, 2009

9. "You have the artwork of Mussolini there, here in New York at Rockefeller Plaza." –analyzing the artwork decorating Rockefeller Plaza, which he said contained a hammer and sickle, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel, Sept. 2, 2009

10. "O-L-I-G-A-R-H-Y." –misspelling "oligarchy" on his chalk board while claiming he had deciphered a secret code that he said was proof President Obama was trying to create an "Oligarhy," Aug. 27, 2009, Glenn Beck show on FOX News Channel

A politically incorrect jerk.

"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 9:45:47 PM
yeah, Glenn Beck's an @sshole, jerk, hypocrite, conspiracy theorist, liar, freak, inconsiderate, biased, the list goes on, I don't know if he's crazy or not. Considering the fact he came from FOX (I still laugh about how even his show was too damn biased and misinformative for FOX freaking News), I think he was just doing it for the ratings.
My legend begins in the 12th century
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 1:08:28 PM
When someone talks on record hours daily for years and years, they are going to say some dumb things. Beck called Obama a racist, then late apologized and said why he was wrong to have done so. However, the quote live for ever on the Internet, ready to be mined by people who have an agenda to support.

"Killing Michael Moore" teases the public into responding to the outrageous hypothetical. Bill Maher does the same thing. Supporters love it because opponents always take it seriously, and driving your opponents crazy it viewed as a victory.

I think some of the things Beck says are crazy, but, no he's not crazy. Nor are Michael Moore, Ann Coulter, or Bill Maher all of whom say "crazy" things from time to time. An overall judgement that someone is crazy is claiming a license to dismiss everything they say out-of-hand, without have to argue the point. It doesn't work. You have answer the arguments. Really crazy arguments are not always so easy to answer, because you have to find a point of common ground to work from. It's easier to be lazy and dismiss them.

For talking heads, I think the test is how much of what they say is interesting and defensible. My favorite example is Pat Buchanan, who continually say interesting things and defends them well -- even though IMHO he's often wrong. You have to get your act together to explain why he is wrong. Michael Moore is a little bit interesting, as is Sean Hannity. I generally disagree with Moore and agree with Hannity, but that's not the test. Guys like Keith Olbermann are completely predictable automatons, uninteresting.

Beck makes some very good points, but I think his percentage is below average.
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/24/2012 1:13:21 PM
At 6/21/2012 9:45:47 PM, TheOrator wrote:
yeah, Glenn Beck's an @sshole, jerk, hypocrite, conspiracy theorist, liar, freak, inconsiderate, biased, the list goes on, I don't know if he's crazy or not. Considering the fact he came from FOX (I still laugh about how even his show was too damn biased and misinformative for FOX freaking News), I think he was just doing it for the ratings.

+1
turn down for h'what
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 5:11:15 AM
At 6/24/2012 1:08:28 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
When someone talks on record hours daily for years and years, they are going to say some dumb things. Beck called Obama a racist, then late apologized and said why he was wrong to have done so. However, the quote live for ever on the Internet, ready to be mined by people who have an agenda to support.

"Killing Michael Moore" teases the public into responding to the outrageous hypothetical. Bill Maher does the same thing. Supporters love it because opponents always take it seriously, and driving your opponents crazy it viewed as a victory.

I think some of the things Beck says are crazy, but, no he's not crazy. Nor are Michael Moore, Ann Coulter, or Bill Maher all of whom say "crazy" things from time to time. An overall judgement that someone is crazy is claiming a license to dismiss everything they say out-of-hand, without have to argue the point. It doesn't work. You have answer the arguments. Really crazy arguments are not always so easy to answer, because you have to find a point of common ground to work from. It's easier to be lazy and dismiss them.

How long have you been blogging, Roy? Have you ever said anything pertaining to misspelled secret codes about a totalitarian conspiracy from a politician you don't support?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)