Jump to topic:

Two Great Arguments Against Gay Marriage

quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 2:43:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This pretty much sums up every debate I've had on the speech and debate team at my high school.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/19/2012 2:44:41 PM
That dude has awesome hair.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 11:35:17 PM
At 6/19/2012 2:43:45 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
This pretty much sums up every debate I've had on the speech and debate team at my high school.

This....
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/21/2012 11:37:55 PM
At 6/19/2012 2:44:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
That dude has awesome hair.

I think that was koopin...
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:21:07 AM
Competely fucktarded. When you beat me or Contradiction in a debate on the subject I'll have some respect for your opinion. Also, notice how opponents of SSM don't create entire threads to post their unfunny ad hominems. What was the point of this?
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:24:15 AM
At 6/22/2012 12:21:07 AM, MouthWash wrote:
Competely fucktarded. When you beat me or Contradiction in a debate on the subject I'll have some respect for your opinion. Also, notice how opponents of SSM don't create entire threads to post their unfunny ad hominems. What was the point of this?

It's funny that's why. And don't think you're a great debater when you've been here for two months brah. No one is scared to debate you.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:30:19 AM
At 6/22/2012 12:24:15 AM, socialpinko wrote:

It's funny that's why. And don't think you're a great debater when you've been here for two months brah. No one is scared to debate you.

Yeah, And please don't pair yourself with contradiction. You two are in different leagues.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:40:00 AM

Like I said, you don't see opponents of gay marriage doing it. I agree that Contradiction is ten times the debater I am, but I can put up a pretty good fight and I've beaten Wallstreet on his own turf (tariffs) before. I'm just frustrated as to why all the SSM supporters make ridiculous, pointless threads that only serve to mock anyone who disagrees with their particular point of view. If he made an actual argument I wouldn't be so pissed off.
"Well, that gives whole new meaning to my assassination. If I was going to die anyway, perhaps I should leave the Bolsheviks' descendants some Christmas cookies instead of breaking their dishes and vodka bottles in their sleep." -Tsar Nicholas II (YYW)
Nur-Ab-Sal
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:41:59 AM
I found these quite amusing.
Genesis I. And God created man to his own image: to the image of God he created him: male and female he created them.
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 12:42:21 AM

I've been here for about a year, only made an account a few months ago. I hadn't debated before then, but I've read through hundreds of debates in the past and I think I know what I'm doing, seeing as I've been regularly beating some of the more experienced members.
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 7:11:49 AM

Umad bro?

Anywho, I don't know you personally, but this looks to be showing some of your more unfortunate personality traits. You're vain and you get angry way too easily. Just try to calm down once a while, man.
My legend begins in the 12th century
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 8:10:03 AM
At 6/22/2012 7:11:49 AM, TheOrator wrote:

Umad bro?

Anywho, I don't know you personally, but this looks to be showing some of your more unfortunate personality traits. You're vain and you get angry way too easily. Just try to calm down once a while, man.

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Dude, it just offends me to hear some guy telling me why I *really* don't support gay marriage. Even if it was satirical, I have had enough with these ad hominems. I have been harassed and repeatedly called homophobic for the crime of simply not agreeing to arbitrarily redefine marriage as "love between two individuals." So sorry if I appeared to overreact; it's one of my core beliefs to not judge people harshly. When some lady shoves past you in the supermarket without even acknowledging it, she's not in a hurry because her son is in the hospital or she could be about to lose her job, she's just a bitch, right?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 8:22:49 AM

after reading some of contradiction's SSM debates, I've found that they're full of nothing. His record comes from a voting bloc that wants to use him as a reference point for their bigotry. The votebombers aside, I'm sure many people can defeat you and Contradiction pretty easily in a debate.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 8:43:38 AM
At 6/22/2012 8:22:49 AM, 000ike wrote:

after reading some of contradiction's SSM debates, I've found that they're full of nothing. His record comes from a voting bloc that wants to use him as a reference point for their bigotry. The votebombers aside, I'm sure many people can defeat you and Contradiction pretty easily in a debate.

Ad hominems get you nowhere with me. Right now, I'm just sick to death of the subject. There is a wealth of evidence even Contradiction seems to have ignored; I was going to use it against Danielle.
Steelerman6794
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:04:57 AM
Hey guys...the links were supposed to...guys listen...the links are satire, you know, and...like...aren't meant to be taken seriously mmmkay?
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 10:37:15 AM
At 6/22/2012 8:10:03 AM, MouthWash wrote:

Umad bro?

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Dude, it just offends me to hear some guy telling me why I *really* don't support gay marriage. Even if it was satirical, I have had enough with these ad hominems. I have been harassed and repeatedly called homophobic for the crime of simply not agreeing to arbitrarily redefine marriage as "love between two individuals." So sorry if I appeared to overreact; it's one of my core beliefs to not judge people harshly. When some lady shoves past you in the supermarket without even acknowledging it, she's not in a hurry because her son is in the hospital or she could be about to lose her job, she's just a bitch, right?

Dude, they're comedians. If you take them seriously you're gonna have a bad time. I saw ralphie may tell everybody who took French in high school to go fvck themselves, do you see me ranting about it? The point is, if you look to comedians for actual political advice, or if you take their content too personally, it's not going to end up well.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 11:18:07 AM
At 6/22/2012 12:40:00 AM, MouthWash wrote:

I agree that Contradiction is ten times the debater I am, but I can put up a pretty good fight and I've beaten Wallstreet on his own turf (tariffs) before.

Congrats. But the DDO handbook states

Rule 47 of DDO Handbook
Just because you won a debate with against someone, does not give you the right to consider yourself good.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 11:28:21 AM

Umad bro?

Ohhhhhhhhh.

You DO know that marriage has CONSTANTLY been redefined all throughout history, right?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/22/2012 4:00:50 PM
At 6/22/2012 11:28:21 AM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Umad bro?

Ohhhhhhhhh.

You DO know that marriage has CONSTANTLY been redefined all throughout history, right?

Arbitrary marriage principles have been redefined, but rarely has the basis for marriage (one man+one women) been redefined.

Inb4 Polygamy, because that was actually quite rare in "civilized" cultures at that time.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
MouthWash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 12:48:39 PM
At 6/22/2012 10:37:15 AM, TheOrator wrote:

Umad bro?

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Dude, they're comedians. If you take them seriously you're gonna have a bad time. I saw ralphie may tell everybody who took French in high school to go fvck themselves, do you see me ranting about it? The point is, if you look to comedians for actual political advice, or if you take their content too personally, it's not going to end up well.

I don't care. I'm sick of being constantly made fun of for my beliefs. It may have been satirical, but it was making a genuine, offensive point. I shouldn't have written that, I'm just feeling like I'm starting to be discriminated against more than homosexuals themselves.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 1:03:08 PM
At 6/23/2012 12:48:39 PM, MouthWash wrote
I don't care. I'm sick of being constantly made fun of for my beliefs. It may have been satirical, but it was making a genuine, offensive point. I shouldn't have written that, I'm just feeling like I'm starting to be discriminated against more than homosexuals themselves.

Don't hold ridiculously inane beliefs and no one will make fun of them.
Sapere Aude!
TheOrator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 1:26:39 PM
At 6/23/2012 12:48:39 PM, MouthWash wrote:
At 6/22/2012 10:37:15 AM, TheOrator wrote:

Umad bro?

Ohhhhhhhhh.

Being told your beliefs are wrong =/= Not being granted rights of normal citizens
AlwaysMoreThanYou
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 1:42:40 PM
At 6/23/2012 1:26:39 PM, TheOrator wrote:
At 6/23/2012 12:48:39 PM, MouthWash wrote:

Being told your beliefs are wrong =/= Not being granted rights of normal citizens

He just said that he's being made fun of for his beliefs, not that people were telling him his beliefs are wrong.
'When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth; for he will not speak on his own authority, but whatever he hears he will speak, and he will declare to you the things that are to come.' - John 16:13
Clash
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 3:55:33 PM
To be honest, even those two arguments are much better than all the arguments in favor of gay marriage which I have heard.
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 10:17:25 PM
At 6/23/2012 3:55:33 PM, Clash wrote:
To be honest, even those two arguments are much better than all the arguments in favor of gay marriage which I have heard.

Would you please give us these supposed "horrible" arguments?
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 10:22:14 PM
At 6/23/2012 10:17:25 PM, Cobo wrote:

Marriage is a right.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/23/2012 10:23:53 PM
At 6/23/2012 10:17:25 PM, Cobo wrote:

1. Denying gay marriage means that you support pre 1964 Black societal levels.

2. You are secretly gay because empirical studies prove that opposing gay marriage means that you are gay.

3. HOMOPHOBE!

Chances are, it's usually the last two....combined.

Want me to go on?