Jump to topic:

Convince me! (Obama 2012)

Microsuck
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 11:37:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Convince me: Why should Obama be reelected? I have seen him do absolutely nothing worthy of reelection. So, why should I vote for Obama?
Wall of Fail

Devil worship much? - SD
Newsflash: Atheists do not believe in the Devil! - Me
Newsflash: I doesnt matter if you think you do or not.....You do - SD

"you [imabench] are very naive and so i do not consider your opinions as having any merit. you must still be in highschool" - falconduler
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:25:33 PM
It doesn't really matter. Who you vote for has already been determined, as has who will win. Anything you will do or have done is just a part of that system leading to the result.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
CiRrK
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:27:41 PM
At 6/27/2012 12:25:33 PM, 000ike wrote:
It doesn't really matter. Who you vote for has already been determined, as has who will win. Anything you will do or have done is just a part of that system leading to the result.

That doesnt take into account information dissemination impacting judgement.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:29:47 PM
At 6/27/2012 11:37:30 AM, Microsuck wrote:
Convince me: Why should Obama be reelected? I have seen him do absolutely nothing worthy of reelection. So, why should I vote for Obama?

He's black.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:37:53 PM
At 6/27/2012 12:27:41 PM, CiRrK wrote:

That doesnt take into account information dissemination impacting judgement.

Every factor leading up to the election is preordained, including what information the public will have on the day of. In fact, your next response to this comment is preordained as well.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:39:16 PM

Hi Geolaurate. How has Las Vegas been treating you?
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:43:09 PM
At 6/27/2012 12:39:16 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

lol Geo isn't a Determinist. He has debated Danielle against it.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:45:30 PM

Lol, that's way off.

Moreover, I, for one, 10,000% agree.

What 000ike said was complete fact. Your opinions on politics are ultimately meaningless.

Ever ask yourself why an independent has never won an election since the beginning of the nation?

It's because it's impossible.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:46:26 PM
At 6/27/2012 12:43:09 PM, 000ike wrote:

It's not that. It's the fact that your statement came off as though everything has already been decided by the global elite, your freedom has been trampled upon, and you have no choice.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 12:48:32 PM
At 6/27/2012 12:46:26 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 6/27/2012 12:43:09 PM, 000ike wrote:

It's not that. It's the fact that your statement came off as though everything has already been decided by the global elite, your freedom has been trampled upon, and you have no choice.

You're as free to choose what to eat for dinner as a glass is to not break when you drop it.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 1:06:36 PM
Oh sh1t! That's it! Ike has shattered my world! No point to do anything anymore!

But honestly, I've expressed my opinion on the whole determinism thing. Even if it is ultimately true, it's behind a veil of irrelevance. We experience choice. We experience our own personal meanings. Is it all absurd? Of course! Should it matter? Really, no.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 1:11:01 PM
At 6/27/2012 1:06:36 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
Oh sh1t! That's it! Ike has shattered my world! No point to do anything anymore!

But honestly, I've expressed my opinion on the whole determinism thing. Even if it is ultimately true, it's behind a veil of irrelevance. We experience choice. We experience our own personal meanings. Is it all absurd? Of course! Should it matter? Really, no.

If it's true, then it kills quite a lot of philosophy especially with ethics. You talk as if you don't value truth and knowledge,...whether or not it is practically applicable.

By your logic we might as well not bother learning where the universe came from,....it's here now ain't it?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 1:19:01 PM
At 6/27/2012 1:11:01 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/27/2012 1:06:36 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

If it's true, then it kills quite a lot of philosophy especially with ethics. You talk as if you don't value truth and knowledge,...whether or not it is practically applicable.

By your logic we might as well not bother learning where the universe came from,....it's here now ain't it?

What I mean is that our choices DO affect our own reality. In our very real society, our very real world, we DO have some sembelance of a meaning. We have a purpose to others, and possibly ourselves.

Sure, we can know there's no universal meaning, but to claim the same to our own reality, our own human world, is absurd--just like the rest of the universe.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 2:02:13 PM
At 6/27/2012 11:37:30 AM, Microsuck wrote:

His foreign policy paradigm has been quite lovely. The doctrine of "kill people in the quite of night" is substantially more efficient then the doctrine of "invade countries we don't like."

This article explains it quite well:

http://www.nytimes.com...
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 2:22:31 PM
At 6/27/2012 2:20:44 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Why I will vote for Obama:

1) He's not a conservative.
2) Mitt Romney is a conservative.

Any questions?

What a wonder it is that in this nation anyone can vote for anything for any reason.
Tsar of DDO
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 3:39:58 PM
At 6/27/2012 2:21:22 PM, Lasagna wrote:
And yes, that means that if a dill pickle ran against Mitt Romney I WOULD VOTE THAT FVCKER INTO OFFICE

You know, they aren't the only ones you can vote for. You can still vote for that pickle.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
caveat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 3:45:31 PM

That doesn't really matter. You posting that who he will vote for and who will win has already been determined only exists in my mind. Anything you you post about him doing in the future or having done in the past being part of a system leading to the result is but a thought in my mind.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. " Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, which presents the difficulties.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 3:46:43 PM
At 6/27/2012 3:39:58 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 6/27/2012 2:21:22 PM, Lasagna wrote:
And yes, that means that if a dill pickle ran against Mitt Romney I WOULD VOTE THAT FVCKER INTO OFFICE

You know, they aren't the only ones you can vote for. You can still vote for that pickle.

Great Scott!
Rob
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 4:00:49 PM
Why I would not vote for Obama:

The OIA (the Obama idiocity argument):

1) He's the worst president in American history.
2) His second term will be a lot worse than his first.
3) Therefore, Obama will be even worse.

Now, the RIA (the Romney idiocity argument):

1) Obama is a bad president.
2) Romney=Obama.
3) Therefore, Romney will be a bad president.

I hope I convinced you.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 4:41:12 PM

this.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
SayWhat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 6:42:02 PM
Here is why I will vote for Obama: High government spending is the only thing keeping us out of another recession right now. We cannot drastically cut spending (like Willard proposes) and simply assume that the private sector will pick up the slack.

In simpler terms, the private sector needs time to recover, and cutting a few taxes will not immediately allow that. So the public sector needs to help out until businesses start hiring again.

Obama 2012.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 6:52:43 PM
At 6/27/2012 6:42:02 PM, SayWhat wrote:
Here is why I will vote for Obama: High government spending is the only thing keeping us out of another recession right now. We cannot drastically cut spending (like Willard proposes) and simply assume that the private sector will pick up the slack.

In simpler terms, the private sector needs time to recover, and cutting a few taxes will not immediately allow that. So the public sector needs to help out until businesses start hiring again.

Obama 2012.

We have some resident comedians here on DDO. Probably the next Adam Sandler ^^^^
SayWhat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 6:56:04 PM
At 6/27/2012 6:52:43 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 6/27/2012 6:42:02 PM, SayWhat wrote:

Obama 2012.

We have some resident comedians here on DDO. Probably the next Adam Sandler ^^^^

How about you give me your case, big guy. I'd love to hear what you have to say for Willard. BTW, have you ever taken any micro/macro economics courses?
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 6:59:05 PM
At 6/27/2012 4:00:49 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

2) Romney=Obama.

I hope I convinced you.

Romney was always more right then Obama, even when he was governor.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Aaronroy
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 8:19:15 PM
At 6/27/2012 6:59:05 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 6/27/2012 4:00:49 PM, Ron-Paul wrote:

2) Romney=Obama.

I hope I convinced you.

Romney was always more right then Obama, even when he was governor.

I'm not sure in which context you are using the word 'right. As in right-wing or right in contrast to wrong. As a former citizen of Romney 'utopia', he is a fiscal nightmare. His views on the social front are disgusting to almost about everyone.

At this point, I guess I'm just voting for the lesser of the two evils. I'll give that black fellow, whatever his name is, another 4 years.
turn down for h'what
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 8:32:58 PM

Please don't tell me your one of those people...
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/27/2012 10:44:12 PM
At 6/27/2012 8:32:58 PM, Cobo wrote:

Please don't tell me your one of those people...

Not sure who "those people are" but conservatives are pretty nuts and hold all the worst ideals possible for this nation.
Rob