Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

Santorum: Rapists Giving Raped a "Gift"

socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 1:36:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You don't need to make a thread to let people know he's a joke. We already know that ;)
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Maikuru
Posts: 9,112
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 3:05:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 1:36:07 PM, socialpinko wrote:
You don't need to make a thread to let people know he's a joke. We already know that ;)
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 3:07:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Just for the heck of it:

If you assume that a fetus is a human (necessary for this argument), then regardless of how the human was created, the human has the right to life. Aggression does not make it so it is any less human.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 3:10:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 3:07:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Just for the heck of it:

If you assume that a fetus is a human (necessary for this argument), then regardless of how the human was created, the human has the right to life. Aggression does not make it so it is any less human.

Needs don't impose moral obligations on others to provide :)
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 3:12:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 3:10:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/29/2012 3:07:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Just for the heck of it:

If you assume that a fetus is a human (necessary for this argument), then regardless of how the human was created, the human has the right to life. Aggression does not make it so it is any less human.

Needs don't impose moral obligations on others to provide :)

If rejecting the need is always mutual with the asker losing their right to life, then it does because the right to life sets the precedence for all other rights, and is therefore the most important.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 3:16:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 3:12:18 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
At 6/29/2012 3:10:36 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 6/29/2012 3:07:27 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Just for the heck of it:

If you assume that a fetus is a human (necessary for this argument), then regardless of how the human was created, the human has the right to life. Aggression does not make it so it is any less human.

Needs don't impose moral obligations on others to provide :)

If rejecting the need is always mutual with the asker losing their right to life, then it does because the right to life sets the precedence for all other rights, and is therefore the most important.

Nope. Rights entail non-interference, not enforcement. I don't have a duty to provide people with the opportunity to exercise their rights, and even if people are about to die, they don't have a right to violate my rights.

The fact that you oppose welfare demonstrates that you understand that needs don't impose moral obligations on others.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 3:23:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Plus, if we use your moral relativism argument, current society allows abortion, and it is thus moral since social standards reflect our values :P
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 6:37:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Wow, I even watched that interview when it first aired but didnt catch that exact line. I love how he refers to it as the gift that "God has given them".
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 7:01:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Royal, arguing over whether the right to life supersedes other rights in some mutual circumstances is useless, as it is based on your own worldview.

Regardless, I do not agree with Santorum in this clip.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:00:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.

Your idea of a stupid comment is a gaff...Like when Obama said 57 states instead of 47, a tired president campaigning for days, yeah, what an unlikely slip!

That you even defend and endorse a man whose views are as sick as the definition of his name speaks volumes about your own stupidity.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lordknukle
Posts: 12,788
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:09:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 10:00:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.

Your idea of a stupid comment is a gaff...Like when Obama said 57 states instead of 47, a tired president campaigning for days, yeah, what an unlikely slip!

That you even defend and endorse a man whose views are as sick as the definition of his name speaks volumes about your own stupidity.

That sounds very much like an objective definition of what is "sick" or not.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
mongeese
Posts: 5,387
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 10:45:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.

How about you follow up on that guarantee, then?
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 11:07:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 10:00:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.

Your idea of a stupid comment is a gaff...Like when Obama said 57 states instead of 47, a tired president campaigning for days, yeah, what an unlikely slip!

That you even defend and endorse a man whose views are as sick as the definition of his name speaks volumes about your own stupidity.
--> So insults is your answer?

"I just want to say that George W. Bush is the syphilis president .... the only difference between Bush and Hitler is that Hitler was elected."
-- Kurt Vonnegut

-The age of consent for sex should be 12 years old
-Prisons should be co-ed because separate quarters are discriminatory"
-- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive."
-- Randall Robinson, writing in Huffington's Post

"I remember him (Alan Keyes), uh, using this in his campaign against me, saying, ‘Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners.' And, you know, which -- I didn't know what to tell him. But it's the right thing to do."
--Obama

We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost.
-- Jeremiah Wright

Some of those are disturbing
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/29/2012 11:49:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 11:07:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 6/29/2012 10:00:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.

Your idea of a stupid comment is a gaff...Like when Obama said 57 states instead of 47, a tired president campaigning for days, yeah, what an unlikely slip!

That you even defend and endorse a man whose views are as sick as the definition of his name speaks volumes about your own stupidity.
--> So insults is your answer?

"I just want to say that George W. Bush is the syphilis president .... the only difference between Bush and Hitler is that Hitler was elected."
-- Kurt Vonnegut

-The age of consent for sex should be 12 years old
-Prisons should be co-ed because separate quarters are discriminatory"
-- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive."
-- Randall Robinson, writing in Huffington's Post

"I remember him (Alan Keyes), uh, using this in his campaign against me, saying, ‘Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners.' And, you know, which -- I didn't know what to tell him. But it's the right thing to do."
--Obama

We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost.
-- Jeremiah Wright

Some of those are disturbing

The only thing wrong there is Ginsburg's quip about prisons. Though it's not disturbing. Everything else is spot on really.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 12:47:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 11:49:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/29/2012 11:07:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 6/29/2012 10:00:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.

Your idea of a stupid comment is a gaff...Like when Obama said 57 states instead of 47, a tired president campaigning for days, yeah, what an unlikely slip!

That you even defend and endorse a man whose views are as sick as the definition of his name speaks volumes about your own stupidity.
--> So insults is your answer?

"I just want to say that George W. Bush is the syphilis president .... the only difference between Bush and Hitler is that Hitler was elected."
-- Kurt Vonnegut

-The age of consent for sex should be 12 years old
-Prisons should be co-ed because separate quarters are discriminatory"
-- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive."
-- Randall Robinson, writing in Huffington's Post

"I remember him (Alan Keyes), uh, using this in his campaign against me, saying, ‘Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners.' And, you know, which -- I didn't know what to tell him. But it's the right thing to do."
--Obama

We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost.
-- Jeremiah Wright

Some of those are disturbing

The only thing wrong there is Ginsburg's quip about prisons. Though it's not disturbing. Everything else is spot on really.

The Obama quote for instance was followed up by this:
"If they ask a teacher 'where do babies come from,' that providing information that the fact is that it's not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that's going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards"

Not so radical when you put it in context now is it? Spot on,...like hell it is.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 1:01:00 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/30/2012 12:47:29 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/29/2012 11:49:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/29/2012 11:07:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 6/29/2012 10:00:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.

Your idea of a stupid comment is a gaff...Like when Obama said 57 states instead of 47, a tired president campaigning for days, yeah, what an unlikely slip!

That you even defend and endorse a man whose views are as sick as the definition of his name speaks volumes about your own stupidity.
--> So insults is your answer?

"I just want to say that George W. Bush is the syphilis president .... the only difference between Bush and Hitler is that Hitler was elected."
-- Kurt Vonnegut

-The age of consent for sex should be 12 years old
-Prisons should be co-ed because separate quarters are discriminatory"
-- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive."
-- Randall Robinson, writing in Huffington's Post

"I remember him (Alan Keyes), uh, using this in his campaign against me, saying, ‘Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners.' And, you know, which -- I didn't know what to tell him. But it's the right thing to do."
--Obama

We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost.
-- Jeremiah Wright

Some of those are disturbing

The only thing wrong there is Ginsburg's quip about prisons. Though it's not disturbing. Everything else is spot on really.

The Obama quote for instance was followed up by this:
"If they ask a teacher 'where do babies come from,' that providing information that the fact is that it's not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that's going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards"

Not so radical when you put it in context now is it? Spot on,...like hell it is.

It was already fine and that doesn't really change even in context. What he said isn't as crazy as 16k seems to think.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 9:44:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/29/2012 7:01:44 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Royal, arguing over whether the right to life supersedes other rights in some mutual circumstances is useless, as it is based on your own worldview.

Regardless, I do not agree with Santorum in this clip.

That's my view, and people on this forum don't understand his slip. He was trying to say life is precious and should be treated as a gift, and the right to life trumps a right to abortion.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 9:45:38 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/30/2012 1:01:00 AM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/30/2012 12:47:29 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/29/2012 11:49:01 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 6/29/2012 11:07:54 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 6/29/2012 10:00:54 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 6/29/2012 9:18:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
His point, religiously, was everything has a reason. So based on that he is correct, religiously.

But I guarantee if we went through every stupid thing any democratic senator said I bet I could top that.

Your idea of a stupid comment is a gaff...Like when Obama said 57 states instead of 47, a tired president campaigning for days, yeah, what an unlikely slip!

That you even defend and endorse a man whose views are as sick as the definition of his name speaks volumes about your own stupidity.
--> So insults is your answer?

"I just want to say that George W. Bush is the syphilis president .... the only difference between Bush and Hitler is that Hitler was elected."
-- Kurt Vonnegut

-The age of consent for sex should be 12 years old
-Prisons should be co-ed because separate quarters are discriminatory"
-- Ruth Bader Ginsburg

"It is reported that black hurricane victims in New Orleans have begun eating corpses to survive."
-- Randall Robinson, writing in Huffington's Post

"I remember him (Alan Keyes), uh, using this in his campaign against me, saying, ‘Barack Obama supports teaching sex education to kindergarteners.' And, you know, which -- I didn't know what to tell him. But it's the right thing to do."
--Obama

We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because the stuff we have done overseas is now brought right back to our own front yards. America's chickens are coming home to roost.
-- Jeremiah Wright

Some of those are disturbing

The only thing wrong there is Ginsburg's quip about prisons. Though it's not disturbing. Everything else is spot on really.

The Obama quote for instance was followed up by this:
"If they ask a teacher 'where do babies come from,' that providing information that the fact is that it's not a stork is probably not an unhealthy thing. Although again, that's going to be determined on a case by case basis by local communities and local school boards"

Not so radical when you put it in context now is it? Spot on,...like hell it is.

It was already fine and that doesn't really change even in context. What he said isn't as crazy as 16k seems to think.

It doesn't change the meaning.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 10:05:25 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Social Conservatives are RINOs in the purest sense of the acronym. I really wish they and the Neo-Conservatives would just go and start their own party; the Spread Democracy and Jesus Party. They could have a fish carrying an M16 as their party animal.
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 2:25:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The problem with Santorum was he could never say what he meant,
without it sounding very offensive.

What he was trying to say here is that life is precious, and that even if someone is created by someone committing a heinous crime, does not mean they do not have the right to live.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/30/2012 3:15:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 6/30/2012 2:25:48 PM, OberHerr wrote:
The problem with Santorum was he could never say what he meant,
without it sounding very offensive.

What he was trying to say here is that life is precious, and that even if someone is created by someone committing a heinous crime, does not mean they do not have the right to live.

The problem is that right to life =/= obligation for others to positively make that possible. Obviously if such a right to life exists we would all have negative obligations not to interfere. But that's not the same as having a positive obligation to sustain it. This paper spells it out nicely. http://en.wikipedia.org...
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.