Jump to topic:

Fu ck this country

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:22:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
pretty certain that you can get into africa or south america just find w/out having to worry about immigration authorities.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:24:25 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:22:05 PM, darkkermit wrote:
pretty certain that you can get into africa or south america just find w/out having to worry about immigration authorities.

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN YOU CAN GIT OUUUUTTT!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:28:37 PM
As a natural-born caucasion male between the ages of 18 and 55 who owns his own house... I am oddly ok with this country.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:29:08 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:19:49 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Happy 4th of July DDO

You can hate a government without hating the people. To say you hate American government is not the same as saying you hate America.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:29:50 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:28:37 PM, drafterman wrote:
As a natural-born caucasion male between the ages of 18 and 55 who owns his own house... I am oddly ok with this country.

I imagine that if you're an immigrant with a higher than socially acceptable levels of melanin, lacking a penis, who is either a minor or old enough to warrant social security, and has a mortgate (or no house at all) you might have some problems with this country.
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:30:14 PM
Kermit I'm pretty sure you can stop being a tool and open your mind like me to help stop oppressing the people right here on this continent...
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:31:18 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:28:37 PM, drafterman wrote:

That describes me to a tee with the exception of the "ok" part -_-)
Rob
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:31:49 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:24:25 PM, Oryus wrote:

Why would we do that? America has fvcked the rest of the world up more then it has here.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:34:56 PM
Lol, harsh.

It's not all bad. Not to that extent. Especially in a relative sense.

I can't help but admit that a lot of places in Northern Europe seem more ideal. However, I've never been there, so wtf do I know? I'd say it depends on where you are in this enormous country.

If you're from New Jersey, then I'd understand. I'd probably behave the same way.

Not so, if I were from, say, Louisiana, Texas, Cali, NY, or Florida.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:35:14 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:29:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:19:49 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Happy 4th of July DDO

You can hate a government without hating the people. To say you hate American government is not the same as saying you hate America.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:43:38 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:24:25 PM, Oryus wrote:

lol!
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 1:47:12 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:30:14 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Kermit I'm pretty sure you can stop being a tool and open your mind like me to help stop oppressing the people right here on this continent...

How am I being a tool? If your actually against the United States. If you actually believe that the lifestyle of wealthy societies is not optimal, then why not go to live in a third world nation. I mean, through being in the US you are supporting it through taxation. I just don't see how you can have such strong resentment and still stay in this country is all.
Open borders debate:
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 2:03:21 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:47:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:

How am I being a tool? If your actually against the United States. If you actually believe that the lifestyle of wealthy societies is not optimal, then why not go to live in a third world nation. I mean, through being in the US you are supporting it through taxation. I just don't see how you can have such strong resentment and still stay in this country is all.

And therein lies the hidden and all too often made presupposition of governmental sovereignty, the idea that we're privileged to live here and that the USFG legitimately owns rights to the country as a whole.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 2:10:17 PM
At 7/3/2012 2:03:21 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/3/2012 1:47:12 PM, darkkermit wrote:

And therein lies the hidden and all too often made presupposition of governmental sovereignty, the idea that we're privileged to live here and that the USFG legitimately owns rights to the country as a whole.

technically, nationality is different from government. One can have a nationality without a state.

And I'd say I am pretty privileged to live here. It might not be my ideal state, however it beats living in other nations.
Open borders debate:
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 2:11:57 PM
Idk, stating that "I hate the US government" seems to offend me less than "I hate America". Probably because I've been trained to identify myself as an American and take offense to it because I consider it part of my identity, even though I know the attack isn't personally on me.
Open borders debate:
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 2:31:23 PM
I hate the United States government. I hate most of the Americans who dwell in it. I hate "states" and "nationalities" as categories. I hold no grudge against the territory, other than that it has borders. But that goes back to states.

But I especially hate that people give ontological primacy to states. If you don't like it, get out. The solution is never "get rid of the state".
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 2:35:23 PM
I can certainly see how somebody living in a country that is currently in political and economic turmoil as a direct result of the United States government, of which there are many, could feel that strongly. On the other hand, you can't expect to have anything more than a shouting match when you open up your discussion that way.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 2:40:43 PM
At 7/3/2012 2:31:23 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
I hate the United States government. I hate most of the Americans who dwell in it. I hate "states" and "nationalities" as categories. I hold no grudge against the territory, other than that it has borders. But that goes back to states.

But I especially hate that people give ontological primacy to states. If you don't like it, get out. The solution is never "get rid of the state".
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Agent_Orange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 3:56:31 PM
I love America. Government is pretty sh!tty but who's isn't? And honestly if it got to a point where I couldn't stand it, I'd leave.

Unless.....it was too late....
#BlackLivesMatter
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:06:48 PM
Country =\= State

State = government
Nation = a group of people
Country = a geographical area inhabited by a nation or nation-state

Our country embodies every enviromental landscape on earth; mountains, plains, deserts, forests, oceans, gulfs, lakes, rivers, streams, glaciers, islands, and volcanoes. We stretch from thr tropics to the arctic circle.

What country would you prefer, or do you hate the world?
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:08:26 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:31:18 PM, Lasagna wrote:
As a natural-born caucasian male between the ages of 18 and 55 who owns his own house... I am oddly with this country.

See, it doesn't make much sense without the "ok."
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:17:22 PM
At 7/3/2012 1:34:56 PM, Ren wrote:
Lol, harsh.

I can't help but admit that a lot of places in Northern Europe seem more ideal. However, I've never been there, so wtf do I know? I'd say it depends on where you are in this enormous country.

If you're from New Jersey, then I'd understand. I'd probably behave the same way.

Florida fvcking sucks.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:28:45 PM
At 7/3/2012 4:17:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Lol, harsh.

Florida fvcking sucks.

Really? I don't know... the whole beach thing was nice. People were generally fun. The nightlife kinda sucks asss, but the law was lax and it was cheap to live in. Really, really inexpensive to live in Florida.

I'd say overall, it's generally pleasant, and the motherfvcking land of milk and honey compared to New Jersey.
bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:31:28 PM
At 7/3/2012 4:28:45 PM, Ren wrote:
At 7/3/2012 4:17:22 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
Lol, harsh.

Florida fvcking sucks.

Really? I don't know... the whole beach thing was nice.
I hate sand, so that might be a problem.
People were generally fun.
Most people are tourists, rednecks, or old.
The nightlife kinda sucks asss, but the law was lax and it was cheap to live in.
I'll give it that.
Really, really inexpensive to live in Florida.

I'd say overall, it's generally pleasant, and the motherfvcking land of milk and honey compared to New Jersey.

Never been to Jersey, but I'd like to.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:35:44 PM
At 7/3/2012 2:31:23 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Well, it does make sense.

The way I see it, things are the way they are, because Americans generally want it that way. That logically follows, because if everyone wanted things to change, things would change. All the same people that have their little opinions participate in this society in a given way, in effect, manifesting this society. Therefore, if many people of any kind were to wake up tomorrow and do something completely different, it would literally change everything about this country proportionately.

The masses are not victims. The masses are everything, and ultimately responsible for themselves. The masses creates governments, because that sort of accountability makes the masses uncomfortable.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:45:32 PM
I've been around the world; to Asia, Europe, and even the Middle East. I've also been all over the United States and I can tell you that it contains some of the most beautiful places in the world. Politically we have the oldest government in the world, and that is something to be proud of, even if you don't agree with what the government does. Our culture has reached every corner of the world; a feat which is unprecedented in human history.

The United States has advanced the influence and scope of the free market and democracy throughout the world. I don't think anyone is going to say the world would be a better place without the actions of the United States of America. We have a lot to be proud of on this July 4th, and all July 4th's to come. So take one day out of the year to forget about all the things you dislike about your country, and instead celebrate the things you love about America.
Chrysippus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:53:05 PM
At 7/3/2012 4:45:32 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Politically we have the oldest government in the world...

Not even close. The same family has ruled Denmark for the last millennium, for instance.
Cavete mea inexorabilis legiones mimus!
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/3/2012 4:59:58 PM
At 7/3/2012 4:53:05 PM, Chrysippus wrote:
At 7/3/2012 4:45:32 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Politically we have the oldest government in the world...

Not even close. The same family has ruled Denmark for the last millennium, for instance.

Denmark capitulated to Germany during World War 2, which means that the government was overthrown.