~ Rush
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 10:10:10 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/5/2012 2:27:43 AM, DanT wrote:

Do I even need to mention the fact that Seth McFarlane, the creator of Family Guy, is a liberal of the very kind that Quagmire rants? This is obviously about Brian's personal failings and flaws. Yes, his character is a liberal, but the point is that he's a pretentious a**hole.

But whatever. I suggest watching a bit more Family Guy, I think you'd find the ideological tables turned very quickly.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 10:57:47 AM
lol never reference a comedy made by seth McFarlane for a rightwing political point...if you think he's supporting something conservative,....you don't understand the joke.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 12:45:26 PM
At 7/5/2012 2:27:43 AM, DanT wrote:

I've always hated brian. This is like, the best rant ever.

It also has nothing to do with liberals
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 1:00:37 PM
Yeah, I was gonna say... really, I don't think the actual context of the rant in the cartoon was that relevant... I think the OP was simply saying that, it sounded as though he was speaking to liberals in general; that it generally applies.

It sounds like something that you would hear on the Rush Limbaugh show.

"Now, I know... I know what happened in the cartoon and all, but doesn't this just sound like he's talking to every baby liberal littering our streets these days?"

*plays clip*
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 1:10:00 PM
At 7/5/2012 10:57:47 AM, 000ike wrote:
lol never reference a comedy made by seth McFarlane for a rightwing political point...if you think he's supporting something conservative,....you don't understand the joke.

There are no "latte liberal elitists" that people like Ann Coulter and the GOP establishment love to rave about.

They may exist in small numbers, but don't pose any threat to the progressive suburbs.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 1:48:35 PM
Brian began by representing McFarlane's point. Later, he became the "outside man" because it sells. It's about people who stick to their ideologies no matter what. Sound familiar?
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 1:58:38 PM
family guy used to be a lot funnier. Peter went from endearing moron to moronic @$$hole. And the way they treat Meg went from hilarious to difficult to watch. American Dad is still good though
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:05:39 PM
At 7/5/2012 1:58:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
family guy used to be a lot funnier. Peter went from endearing moron to moronic @$$hole. And the way they treat Meg went from hilarious to difficult to watch. American Dad is still good though

That's not really the crappy part of the show. To me, it's the fact that Brian went from alcoholic intellectual to a mere mouthpiece for McFarlene's political views.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:10:47 PM
At 7/5/2012 2:05:39 PM, socialpinko wrote:

That's not really the crappy part of the show. To me, it's the fact that Brian went from alcoholic intellectual to a mere mouthpiece for McFarlene's political views.

I could have sworn it was the other way around.

Anyway, I responded to your comment in the Philosophy forum
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:14:52 PM

And when Stewie went from being a crazen sadist genius with a quest to kill his mother, to a homosexual. Like, the gay thing would've been funny if they kept Stewie to his original character, but instead he just goes around as a flamer now...it just isnt that funny.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:22:34 PM

Agreed, American Dad is now much funnier than Family Guy.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:23:54 PM
At 7/5/2012 2:14:52 PM, thett3 wrote:

And when Stewie went from being a crazen sadist genius with a quest to kill his mother, to a homosexual. Like, the gay thing would've been funny if they kept Stewie to his original character, but instead he just goes around as a flamer now...it just isnt that funny.

Are you kidding? Stewie's the funniest character on the show.
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 2:51:13 PM
At 7/5/2012 2:23:54 PM, socialpinko wrote:

Well, I'll admit it is pretty funny sometimes.

But do you remember that one (awful) episode they did where they locked stewie and brian in a bank vault? *shudders*
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 3:20:02 PM
At 7/5/2012 2:51:13 PM, thett3 wrote:

But do you remember that one (awful) episode they did where they locked stewie and brian in a bank vault? *shudders*

Weird.
:
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 6:27:44 PM
At 7/5/2012 1:10:00 PM, Contra wrote:

There are no "latte liberal elitists" that people like Ann Coulter and the GOP establishment love to rave about.

You don't go to many college campuses do you?

They may exist in small numbers, but don't pose any threat to the progressive suburbs.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
DanT
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 6:44:35 PM
Do anyone see the episode where Brian cheated on the MILF he was engaged to? Seems like Quagmire hit the nail on the head.
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 6:47:53 PM
Yes. People who's whole persona are defined by their ideological views can be pretty irritating. *cough, cough*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 10:18:55 PM
At 7/5/2012 6:27:44 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

I have taken a couple college classes, but this misses my point. There are no "liberal elitists" that snob at the life of "everyday" Americans and follow the anti-American agenda of the terrorists or whatever BS Ann Coulter makes up.

I will point out though that I hate most "modern" music, i.e. from the last 10 years.

"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 10:37:29 PM
At 7/5/2012 10:18:55 PM, Contra wrote:

I have taken a couple college classes, but this misses my point. There are no "liberal elitists" that snob at the life of "everyday" Americans and follow the anti-American agenda of the terrorists or whatever BS Ann Coulter makes up.

Where did you get anti-American from "latte liberal elitists"? I think the term just refers to snobs and I'm sure there are plenty liberal snobs as with any political grouping.
:
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 10:53:39 PM
At 7/5/2012 2:22:34 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Could either of you please post a funny American Dad clip? I've given the show a few chances and always end up with the stoic stare of a mortician.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 10:53:57 PM
At 7/5/2012 10:37:29 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/5/2012 10:18:55 PM, Contra wrote:

Where did you get anti-American from "latte liberal elitists"? I think the term just refers to snobs and I'm sure there are plenty liberal snobs as with any political grouping.

I apologize, I mixed up some Billy O'Reilly in there. GOP crazies mixed together form a batter that is lethal to any country's stability, let alone honesty.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 11:58:12 PM
At 7/5/2012 10:53:39 PM, Maikuru wrote:

Could either of you please post a funny American Dad clip? I've given the show a few chances and always end up with the stoic stare of a mortician.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/5/2012 11:58:56 PM

It's not that it's that funny, it's just interesting, and they don't try too hard to be funny.
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 12:14:13 AM

I agree that there are many college students are liberal and drink lattes, however I don't think they are elitist. Most college students are low on funds and are by no means elitist.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 12:16:55 AM
At 7/5/2012 11:58:56 PM, 000ike wrote:

It's not that it's that funny, it's just interesting, and they don't try too hard to be funny.

I thought the episode where Stan bullies steve was pretty funny :P
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

bossyburrito
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 10:18:16 AM
At 7/5/2012 2:51:13 PM, thett3 wrote:

That was one of the few I actually like...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2012 10:44:21 AM
At 7/6/2012 12:14:13 AM, twocupcakes wrote:

I agree that there are many college students are liberal and drink lattes, however I don't think they are elitist. Most college students are low on funds and are by no means elitist.

I would disagree, many college students come from wealthy families and are elitist. I know I'm elitist to some extent. In retrospect, I'd say almost everybody is elitist in that we tend to consider ourselves superior in one way or another.