Jump to topic:

Cause of Obesity

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 1:25:37 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Mwhahahaha, had people telling me that Americans are more obese because our healthcare system sucks.

Too many Americans are seeing McDr. Donalds apparently.

Maybe we need to provide free lyposuction to all Americans.

Rrarrgh.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:04:19 PM
At 7/8/2012 1:25:37 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Mwhahahaha, had people telling me that Americans are more obese because our healthcare system sucks.

Who ever said that is a fool. You should eat them.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:17:07 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:04:19 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

But then i might get fat
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:19:46 PM
America's health problems stem partly from the lack of regulation. There was this pink slime that companies use in their meat was banned in almost every 1st world country, except of course the U.S. And then, some of the ingredients in sweeteners are toxic.

And then people actually wonder how cancer is so prevalent.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:22:00 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:19:46 PM, 000ike wrote:
America's health problems stem partly from the lack of regulation. There was this pink slime that companies use in their meat was banned in almost every 1st world country, except of course the U.S. And then, some of the ingredients in sweeteners are toxic.

There should really be a few more coercive laws. Yeah, and some extortion to fund it all. Totally, friend. Totally.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:22:18 PM

No ike, it's because we don't have enough healthcare!

See, in other countries everyone gets free pills that prevent obesity, diabetes, and cancer. At least, that's what I'm told...

I'm telling you, universal lyposuction would solve all our problems.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:25:56 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:22:00 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

There should really be a few more coercive laws. Yeah, and some extortion to f

let companies put asbestos in your house walls, lead in the paint, chlorine-based sugars in sweeteners, and when you're diagnosed with cancer you'll blame no one but yourself right DN?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:26:33 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:17:07 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 7/8/2012 4:04:19 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

But then i might get fat

The human soul is a valuable source of vitamins and minerals
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:28:19 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:25:56 PM, 000ike wrote:

let companies put asbestos in your house walls, lead in the paint, chlorine-based sugars in sweeteners, and when you're diagnosed with cancer you'll blame no one but yourself right DN?

Well, that depends on the status of coercion. If they forced me to allow them to do it, or threatened to hurt me to do it, or lied to me to allow them to do it, then it is their fault. If not, and I took the risk, then it is all my fault.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:34:36 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:28:19 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Well, that depends on the status of coercion. If they forced me to allow them to do it, or threatened to hurt me to do it, or lied to me to allow them to do it, then it is their fault. If not, and I took the risk, then it is all my fault.

They did none of that DN. They simply neglected to include the ingredients on their packaging. Or, when they DID include the ingredients, they claimed that it was all healthy.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:34:50 PM

OMG 000Ikeers you're a genius!

Asbestos are bad. They couldn't use them anymore. What did we get next?

Aspartame... Asbestotame anyone?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:38:25 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:34:36 PM, 000ike wrote:

They did none of that DN. They simply neglected to include the ingredients on their packaging. Or, when they DID include the ingredients, they claimed that it was all healthy.

That's considered coercion under the "lying" part.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:41:10 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:34:50 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

....I'm not sure you realize that your post proves my point....

Further regulation to should put an end to those chemicals...or at least reduce. Do you know that other countries don't experience health issues at the same rate that the U.S does? With all that we spend on research and healthcare, we're still behind on life expectancy and actual health.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:42:45 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:38:25 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

How is it lying if they didn't say anything? The box lists no ingredients! There's no coercion in that.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:46:38 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:42:45 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/8/2012 4:38:25 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

How is it lying if they didn't say anything? The box lists no ingredients! There's no coercion in that.

It is. It's an action purposely meant to harm others but benefit the self. Coercion. It hams others because it's known by them that the chems are harmful, but they don't say that, and allow people to use them in a shroud of ignorance while they kick back and watch the dollars roll in.

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 4:49:06 PM
At 7/8/2012 4:41:10 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 7/8/2012 4:34:50 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

....I'm not sure you realize that your post proves my point....

Further regulation to should put an end to those chemicals...or at least reduce. Do you know that other countries don't experience health issues at the same rate that the U.S does? With all that we spend on research and healthcare, we're still behind on life expectancy and actual health.

Oh, I'm absolutely in favor of regulating things that have health impacts. I'm just in a goofy mood.

But, regulation does no good if the FDA has Monsanto lawyers on board and things like aspartame are allowed

Pink slime is sprayed with ammonia. Yeah, it's OK to drink ammonia.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 5:21:48 PM
Ikey, by buying products with harmful toxins in them, the consumers are taking a knowledgeable risk and weighing the opportunity costs against each other. If they don't know, then it is their duty to find out. Don't blame the "money-grubbers" when who's at fault is really the consumer cause of their ignorance.

Btdubs, misleading the public is illegal. I dare you to find me one source of "Aspartame is healthy!" when all of the information about the product has been presented.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 8:25:16 PM
I haven't looked through all these health care threads.

But we are (well, not me but our population) is overweight because we eat too much, exercise too little, and don't get healthy sleep.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:01:34 PM
At 7/8/2012 8:25:16 PM, Contra wrote:
I haven't looked through all these health care threads.

But we are (well, not me but our population) is overweight because we eat too much, exercise too little, and don't get healthy sleep.

Ew. You're one of the fit people.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 9:59:13 PM
Typical Liberal Response to any problem: Regulation.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:00:07 PM
At 7/8/2012 9:59:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Any economic problem.

Most Liberals/ Progressives know that regulation isn't that effective when dealing with social issues.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:01:00 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:00:07 PM, Contra wrote:

Any economic problem.

Most Liberals/ Progressives know that regulation isn't that effective when dealing with social issues.

You sure? Seems like the most common response to me....

Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:06:35 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:01:00 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Any economic problem.

Well, I don't support much social regulation, besides obvious things like banning someone parading down the street naked and doing other stuff like that.

At least I don't support much social regulation, I didn't think other liberals did either. My signature attacks social conservatives who do.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:10:04 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:06:35 PM, Contra wrote:

Any economic problem.

Well, I don't support much social regulation, besides obvious things like banning someone parading down the street naked and doing other stuff like that.

At least I don't support much social regulation, I didn't think other liberals did either. My signature attacks social conservatives who do.

How is that wrong?

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:17:03 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:10:04 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Any economic problem.

How is that wrong?

Degrades society. Would you be ok with people running around having sex?

Also, its pretty unsanitary.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:25:07 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:17:03 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Any economic problem.

How is that wrong?

As long as it's voluntary and uncoerced, sure. I'd be fine with a little banging in the bushes down at Central Park.

And, how is nakedness less sanitary than clothedness? Your hands, face, and mouth are the most dirty part of your body in terms of germs.

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:28:07 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:25:07 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Any economic problem.

How is that wrong?

As long as it's voluntary and uncoerced, sure. I'd be fine with a little banging in the bushes down at Central Park.

Yeah.......no.

And, how is nakedness less sanitary than clothedness? Your hands, face, and mouth are the most dirty part of your body in terms of germs.

Yeah, but you don't put your face mouth or hands constantly were other people are gonna be sitting, or touching. And, I would wager that the average privates and bum are less sanitary than the average hand.....

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:33:11 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:28:07 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Any economic problem.

How is that wrong?

Yeah.......no.

Why?

Yeah, but you don't put your face mouth or hands constantly were other people are gonna be sitting, or touching. And, I would wager that the average privates and bum are less sanitary than the average hand.....

Actually, your wager would be false. I was going to say that in the previous post, but yeah. One test was done literally with swabbing all those areas for specific types of germs (on Penn and Teller's Bullsh1t, but they are legit). And guess which proved to have the most kinds of germs/worst? Hands! And mouths! Also, here's a study which has shown steering wheels are dirtier than toilet seats. http://www.autoguide.com...

OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:39:44 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:33:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Any economic problem.

How is that wrong?

Yeah.......no.

Why?

Because sex is not something we should flaunt around like that, especially for little kids or something in that graphic of a fashion. I may be imposing my morals on others, but I think most people hold my morals....or the general idea....

Actually, your wager would be false. I was going to say that in the previous post, but yeah. One test was done literally with swabbing all those areas for specific types of germs (on Penn and Teller's Bullsh1t, but they are legit). And guess which proved to have the most kinds of germs/worst? Hands! And mouths! Also, here's a study which has shown steering wheels are dirtier than toilet seats. http://www.autoguide.com...

Hm...still, I really think that it would be worse sanitarian, since wee they would be sitting, not to mention if someone got an erection....

Diarrhea would be a problem....and the little driblets of pee.....

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2012 10:42:43 PM
At 7/8/2012 10:39:44 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 7/8/2012 10:33:11 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Any economic problem.

How is that wrong?

Yeah.......no.

Why?

Because sex is not something we should flaunt around like that, especially for little kids or something in that graphic of a fashion. I may be imposing my morals on others, but I think most people hold my morals....or the general idea....

Lol. Not me. Honestly though, I don't understand the whole ZOMG SECKS GAH!!! attitude. Could you explain it to me? It seems to me that making sex and masturbation taboo, we make one practice less likely to be safe (sex), and another practice (masturbation) be robbed of the fact that it's actually a beneficial practice.

Hm...still, I really think that it would be worse sanitarian, since wee they would be sitting, not to mention if someone got an erection....

Diarrhea would be a problem....and the little driblets of pee.....

Well, if someone got an erection, so what? Men's erectile responses are not controllable, and are even set off when not truly aroused.