Total Posts:75|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Sometimes I miss Bush...

thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 11:30:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The only thing I miss about Bush is that his incompetence seemed understandable. Whatever his merits, Bush obviously is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Where as Obama quite clearly has enormous intelligence, so I can't understand where his abysmal performance comes from, other than a failed philosophy
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
16kadams
Posts: 10,497
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 11:55:29 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 11:30:30 AM, thett3 wrote:
The only thing I miss about Bush is that his incompetence seemed understandable. Whatever his merits, Bush obviously is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Where as Obama quite clearly has enormous intelligence, so I can't understand where his abysmal performance comes from, other than a failed philosophy

Bush was actually very intelligent but wasn't graceful when it came to the English language. There was actually a study on the subject, the conclusions where he was intelligent enough to be president, and he was not an idiot. Summary here:
http://papers.ssrn.com...
Conclusions here: http://trueslant.com...

It said hid mistakes was due to his certainty. Not due to intellegence much of the time.

And Obama fails, as you stated, because of failed liberal philosophies.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 12:19:01 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 10:34:14 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
And say what you want about the man's policies, but atleast he acted like a president and not a hollywood actor.

I agree. The man was an upright citizen. In his 8 years in office there were very few scandals (and nothing like the messes Obama is in) and he was professional and humble. He refused to have Hail to the Chief played when he entered a room and he always did what he thought was best for the country.
DanT
Posts: 5,693
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 12:56:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 11:30:55 AM, Kinesis wrote:
He was too white for me.

Racist
"Chemical weapons are no different than any other types of weapons."~Lordknukle
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:08:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 11:55:29 AM, 16kadams wrote:
At 7/14/2012 11:30:30 AM, thett3 wrote:
The only thing I miss about Bush is that his incompetence seemed understandable. Whatever his merits, Bush obviously is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Where as Obama quite clearly has enormous intelligence, so I can't understand where his abysmal performance comes from, other than a failed philosophy

Bush was actually very intelligent but wasn't graceful when it came to the English language. There was actually a study on the subject, the conclusions where he was intelligent enough to be president, and he was not an idiot. Summary here:
http://papers.ssrn.com...
Conclusions here: http://trueslant.com...

It said hid mistakes was due to his certainty. Not due to intellegence much of the time.

And Obama fails, as you stated, because of failed liberal philosophies.

I actually really agree with that article. He just had an overly simplified view of issues, combined with a certain dismissiveness. Then again, I feel Obama has had a dismissiveness about him too, but whatever.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:15:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

And you know what my buddies the neocons always say: "The person who whispers in the ear of the King holds the power."
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:22:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 12:19:01 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 10:34:14 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
And say what you want about the man's policies, but atleast he acted like a president and not a hollywood actor.

I agree. The man was an upright citizen. In his 8 years in office there were very few scandals (and nothing like the messes Obama is in) and he was professional and humble. He refused to have Hail to the Chief played when he entered a room and he always did what he thought was best for the country.

Why the Fvck are things like "being humble" so important?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:22:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:15:04 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

And you know what my buddies the neocons always say: "The person who whispers in the ear of the King holds the power."

I'm torn. I have some neocon views but they're slowly starting to be outweighed by paleocon views.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:23:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:22:42 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 12:19:01 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 10:34:14 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
And say what you want about the man's policies, but atleast he acted like a president and not a hollywood actor.

I agree. The man was an upright citizen. In his 8 years in office there were very few scandals (and nothing like the messes Obama is in) and he was professional and humble. He refused to have Hail to the Chief played when he entered a room and he always did what he thought was best for the country.

Why the Fvck are things like "being humble" so important?

Because Obama has wrecked our foreign image by being an incompetent, arrogant as$ that's why.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:24:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

?
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:25:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:23:45 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:22:42 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 12:19:01 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 10:34:14 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
And say what you want about the man's policies, but atleast he acted like a president and not a hollywood actor.

I agree. The man was an upright citizen. In his 8 years in office there were very few scandals (and nothing like the messes Obama is in) and he was professional and humble. He refused to have Hail to the Chief played when he entered a room and he always did what he thought was best for the country.

Why the Fvck are things like "being humble" so important?

Because Obama has wrecked our foreign image by being an incompetent, arrogant as$ that's why.

I think that invading other countries does more than being arrogant...
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:26:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:24:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

?

Im saying if Bush was president we would have nuked Iran by now or at least have helped the youth overthrow the regime back in 2009.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:28:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:26:51 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:24:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

?

Im saying if Bush was president we would have nuked Iran by now or at least have helped the youth overthrow the regime back in 2009.

I meant why.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:29:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:22:47 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:15:04 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

And you know what my buddies the neocons always say: "The person who whispers in the ear of the King holds the power."

I'm torn. I have some neocon views but they're slowly starting to be outweighed by paleocon views.

If you read the right literature on neoconservatism such as Leo Strauss' "Natural Right and History" or "On Tyranny", Irving Kristol's "Neoconservatism: An Autobiography of an Idea" you will get a very different picture of neoconservatism than what is commonly understood (strawmen depictions by liberals and libertarians
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 1:32:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:28:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:26:51 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:24:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

?

Im saying if Bush was president we would have nuked Iran by now or at least have helped the youth overthrow the regime back in 2009.

I meant why.

Pretty simple actually. 1) Bush's advisers we very skeptical of sanctions and much more open to the use of military force. 2) The Bush Administration was much more adamant against Iran getting a nuke than the Obama administration. 3) The youth protests would have spurred the Bush Administration to do regime collapsing to prevent such acquisition of nuclear weapons.
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:34:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:32:31 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:28:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:26:51 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:24:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

?

Im saying if Bush was president we would have nuked Iran by now or at least have helped the youth overthrow the regime back in 2009.

I meant why.

Pretty simple actually. 1) Bush's advisers we very skeptical of sanctions and much more open to the use of military force. 2) The Bush Administration was much more adamant against Iran getting a nuke than the Obama administration. 3) The youth protests would have spurred the Bush Administration to do regime collapsing to prevent such acquisition of nuclear weapons.

So you like the monopoly on nuclear weapons Israel has in the Middle East? Iran NEEDS a bomb to feel secure.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:40:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:23:45 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:22:42 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 12:19:01 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 10:34:14 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
And say what you want about the man's policies, but atleast he acted like a president and not a hollywood actor.

I agree. The man was an upright citizen. In his 8 years in office there were very few scandals (and nothing like the messes Obama is in) and he was professional and humble. He refused to have Hail to the Chief played when he entered a room and he always did what he thought was best for the country.

Why the Fvck are things like "being humble" so important?

Because Obama has wrecked our foreign image by being an incompetent, arrogant as$ that's why.

Lol, yes, the world absolutely loved the US under the Bush.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:48:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@CP Obama ruined the US's world image?! Are you delusional?!
That was Bush:
http://www.pewglobal.org...
From 78% in Germany when he took office to 31% when he left.

Got any facts to back your ludicrous claim?
Sapere Aude!
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 3:57:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 1:23:45 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:22:42 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 12:19:01 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/14/2012 10:34:14 AM, MrBrooks wrote:
And say what you want about the man's policies, but atleast he acted like a president and not a hollywood actor.

I agree. The man was an upright citizen. In his 8 years in office there were very few scandals (and nothing like the messes Obama is in) and he was professional and humble. He refused to have Hail to the Chief played when he entered a room and he always did what he thought was best for the country.

Why the Fvck are things like "being humble" so important?

Because Obama has wrecked our foreign image by being an incompetent, arrogant as$ that's why.
Actually, Obama has done wonders for our public image:
http://www.debate.org...
Sapere Aude!
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 4:04:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 3:34:55 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:32:31 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:28:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:26:51 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:24:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

?

Im saying if Bush was president we would have nuked Iran by now or at least have helped the youth overthrow the regime back in 2009.

I meant why.

Pretty simple actually. 1) Bush's advisers we very skeptical of sanctions and much more open to the use of military force. 2) The Bush Administration was much more adamant against Iran getting a nuke than the Obama administration. 3) The youth protests would have spurred the Bush Administration to do regime collapsing to prevent such acquisition of nuclear weapons.

So you like the monopoly on nuclear weapons Israel has in the Middle East? Iran NEEDS a bomb to feel secure.

I do prefer the nuclear umbrella Israel has in the Middle East. The interesting part is Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are much secure with this status quo set up than if Iran gets nuclear weapons. If Iran does successfully obtain nukes you will see giant arms race. But moreover, Iran has no need to feel insecure if it stays inline. Israel hasnt threatened Iran until Iran felt the need to proliferate. Even with Iran sponsoring Hezbollah and Hamas Israel hasnt directly threatened Iran
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 4:09:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
@CirRk

What entitles the US to become the sole proprietor of nuclear arms and/or to have sole authority upon which countries may pursue/obtain nuclear weapons.

We are after all the only country who has any history of ever using nuclear weapons. And we have the most expansionist, interventionist foreign policy of any nation on the face of the earth.
Sapere Aude!
bossyburrito
Posts: 14,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 4:11:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 4:04:02 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 3:34:55 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:32:31 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:28:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:26:51 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:24:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

?

Im saying if Bush was president we would have nuked Iran by now or at least have helped the youth overthrow the regime back in 2009.

I meant why.

Pretty simple actually. 1) Bush's advisers we very skeptical of sanctions and much more open to the use of military force. 2) The Bush Administration was much more adamant against Iran getting a nuke than the Obama administration. 3) The youth protests would have spurred the Bush Administration to do regime collapsing to prevent such acquisition of nuclear weapons.

So you like the monopoly on nuclear weapons Israel has in the Middle East? Iran NEEDS a bomb to feel secure.

I do prefer the nuclear umbrella Israel has in the Middle East. The interesting part is Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are much secure with this status quo set up than if Iran gets nuclear weapons. If Iran does successfully obtain nukes you will see giant arms race. But moreover, Iran has no need to feel insecure if it stays inline. Israel hasnt threatened Iran until Iran felt the need to proliferate. Even with Iran sponsoring Hezbollah and Hamas Israel hasnt directly threatened Iran

You will NOT see an arms race. To take something from Foreign Affairs, Israel did not start an arms race. Why expect Iran to, when their arsenal would be TINY compared to Israel's? The fact is that Nuclear states deter each other.
#UnbanTheMadman

"Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight
Somewhere out of a memory of lighted streets on quiet nights..."

~ Rush
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 4:12:10 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 4:09:38 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
@CirRk

What entitles the US to become the sole proprietor of nuclear arms and/or to have sole authority upon which countries may pursue/obtain nuclear weapons.

We are after all the only country who has any history of ever using nuclear weapons. And we have the most expansionist, interventionist foreign policy of any nation on the face of the earth.

Exactly.

And in terms of expansionism we dont, I wish we did. Interventionist, yes. The point about using the nukes is irrelevant. Just because we used it once doesnt mean other countries can proliferate.
CiRrK
Posts: 670
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 4:14:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 4:11:54 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 4:04:02 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 3:34:55 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:32:31 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:28:10 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:26:51 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:24:11 PM, bossyburrito wrote:
At 7/14/2012 1:10:33 PM, CiRrK wrote:
I miss Bush because honestly if he was still President Tehran would be a giant nuclear fallout ditch at this point. :D

?

Im saying if Bush was president we would have nuked Iran by now or at least have helped the youth overthrow the regime back in 2009.

I meant why.

Pretty simple actually. 1) Bush's advisers we very skeptical of sanctions and much more open to the use of military force. 2) The Bush Administration was much more adamant against Iran getting a nuke than the Obama administration. 3) The youth protests would have spurred the Bush Administration to do regime collapsing to prevent such acquisition of nuclear weapons.

So you like the monopoly on nuclear weapons Israel has in the Middle East? Iran NEEDS a bomb to feel secure.

I do prefer the nuclear umbrella Israel has in the Middle East. The interesting part is Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are much secure with this status quo set up than if Iran gets nuclear weapons. If Iran does successfully obtain nukes you will see giant arms race. But moreover, Iran has no need to feel insecure if it stays inline. Israel hasnt threatened Iran until Iran felt the need to proliferate. Even with Iran sponsoring Hezbollah and Hamas Israel hasnt directly threatened Iran

You will NOT see an arms race. To take something from Foreign Affairs, Israel did not start an arms race. Why expect Iran to, when their arsenal would be TINY compared to Israel's? The fact is that Nuclear states deter each other.

Thats my point. The Gulf States dont care that Israel has nukes. But, Saudi Arabia and the Gulf States are much more uneasy with Iran.

http://www.guardian.co.uk...

And also there are many cabals that were released through wikileaks which indicate that Saudi Arabia might purchase a nuke for quick use if Iran doesnt stop.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 4:15:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/14/2012 4:12:10 PM, CiRrK wrote:
At 7/14/2012 4:09:38 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
@CirRk

What entitles the US to become the sole proprietor of nuclear arms and/or to have sole authority upon which countries may pursue/obtain nuclear weapons.

We are after all the only country who has any history of ever using nuclear weapons. And we have the most expansionist, interventionist foreign policy of any nation on the face of the earth.

Exactly.

And in terms of expansionism we dont, I wish we did.
I realize that. I'm asking why we should.
Interventionist, yes. The point about using the nukes is irrelevant. Just because we used it once doesnt mean other countries can proliferate.
What the US claims to be doing by coercively imposing their nuclear weapons will on other countries is to prevent them from pursuing the use of those weapons or expansionary foreign policy. Meanwhile, we ourselves are the only country to ever have exhibited such activity and are the most expansionist nation on earth. How are these two things reconcilable?
Sapere Aude!