Jump to topic:

I Give Up

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:12:43 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
How did we get so damn stupid? Did Americans always have such a fundamental misunderstanding of how the system works? I think I've come to the sad realization that the media is screwed up, because the American people are screwed up. There is a reason why CNN and FOX are so highly rated, while CSPAN has to run on charity. *Sigh*

Comments on CNN.

"When all the problems in the US are due to economic disparity and inequality why would anyone bite for Mittens. He represents the 1% and the extremem unregulated Capitalism that has got the US economy in trouble (apart from rampant military spending).Further deregulation in the stock markets and insurance and mortgage industry like the republicans preach ? So banks and brokers can continue to manipulate and control the stock market ?

Vote for Obama who at least works for the majority of Americans Health care, improved international relations -all of these are due to Obama.

Until Republicans return their platform to purely fiscal conservatism rather than religious issues and catering to special interest groups on the far right (NRA etc) this party shouldn't be touched by voters.

The US is in need of some social measures as a move away from extreme capitalism. A social safety net of health care and Care for the poor will help to alleviate the disparity between rich and poor and all the problems it creates such as crime.

I think we have learned that ultra capitalism ( with no social measures and checks and regulations) fails just like the other extreme-communism. Only a mixture of capitalism and some social measures work."

"When Dick Chaney left Halliburton he steered war profiteering contracts to Halliburton when he was Vice President.

If you believe Romney did not steer contracts to Bain after 1999 then you really are stupid since that was a major source of his money. That's why he can say he wasn't in Bain with a straight face yet you know he used his influence in that
"
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:15:33 PM
Lol.

This is exactly why I advocate for political literacy tests before voting.

For example: When has unregulated capitalism ever been tried in the U.S.?

Answer: Never.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
LaissezFaire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:18:24 PM
At 7/14/2012 7:15:33 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Lol.

If people are too stupid to vote for good policies, then I doubt the politicians they elect will make a very good political literacy test. It would be more like:

What government program saves poor old people from starving in the streets?
Answer: Social Security
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:19:34 PM
Lol.

Sometimes I can't get past the fact that the people that posted those comments have the same amount of say in who gets to be president that I do. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a republican form of government to any totalitarian style government, but damn.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:21:24 PM
At 7/14/2012 7:19:34 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
Lol.

Sometimes I can't get past the fact that the people that posted those comments have the same amount of say in who gets to be president that I do. Don't get me wrong, I prefer a republican form of government to any totalitarian style government, but damn.

Where some of the populous has limited voting abilities that they can remedy (by becoming more politically knowledgeable), the government system is still a Republic.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:23:44 PM
Lol.

Paul Krugmans counter to that argument: http://www.myfacewhen.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:24:02 PM
I'm paraphrasing a bit here.

"His middle name is Hussein...like Sadaam Hussein. He's a fvckin* muslim commie and the idiot liberals can't see it!!! His middle name is fvcking Hussein!!!! Bacock O'Buttfvcker needs to go!!! Kick his black muslim a** out of the WHITE house!!!"

Yes, 'white' was in all caps....
Sapere Aude!
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:25:05 PM
At 7/14/2012 7:18:24 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Lol.

If people are too stupid to vote for good policies, then I doubt the politicians they elect will make a very good political literacy test. It would be more like:

this
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:25:49 PM
At 7/14/2012 7:24:02 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I'm paraphrasing a bit here.

"His middle name is Hussein...like Sadaam Hussein. He's a fvckin* muslim commie and the idiot liberals can't see it!!! His middle name is fvcking Hussein!!!! Bacock O'Buttfvcker needs to go!!! Kick his black muslim a** out of the WHITE house!!!"

Yes, 'white' was in all caps....

Fox news website comments....
Sapere Aude!
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 7:28:17 PM
At 7/14/2012 7:24:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I hate it when people ask how we GOT a this way.

People have always been retarded.

This. Finally someone said it.

That said, I have more faith in retarded individuals than a groups of retards. Because when you get them together, the stupidity increases exponentially.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 10:08:03 PM
Lol.

I agree, the Supreme Court has held up more than once that there is no "right" to vote. The only thing you can't do is discriminate while letting people vote. The states have the right to regulate and restrict voting as they see fit and I am all for a political literacy test for people before they register to vote.
JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2012 11:12:22 PM
At 7/14/2012 7:18:24 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
Lol.

Right, because if the government didn't take from people who are working and then give some of what they take back to them when they get old we would have dire poverty.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.