Wannabe McCarthyism

Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 7:56:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://www.sctimes.com...

"Hey, remember how Joseph McCarthy got famous by accusing people of being Communists and proceeding to destroy theirs careers and tarnish their reputations? What if we did the same thing... BUT WITH MUSLIMS! Neo-conservatives will idolize us!"

I can only imagine what Bachmann and the others pursuing this are really thinking.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 8:09:36 PM
I thought we just do it whenever we want to be in the spotlight? I didn't know we needed some deeper justification for it...
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 8:18:52 PM
At 7/16/2012 8:09:36 PM, Stephen_Hawkins wrote:
I thought we just do it whenever we want to be in the spotlight? I didn't know we needed some deeper justification for it...

Yeah, in a way this isn't really news considering how often it happens, but it just seemed like an interesting thing to talk about.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 9:40:17 PM
At 7/16/2012 8:18:52 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Yeah, in a way this isn't really news considering how often it happens, but it just seemed like an interesting thing to talk about.

The Muslim Brotherhood did take over Egypt and they're no friend to women or freedom. Members of the party want to take away women's rights, instate Shari'a Law etc.

Considering Egypt used to be a mildly Pro-Israel ally this news is alarming.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 9:48:37 PM
At 7/16/2012 9:40:17 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

The Muslim Brotherhood did take over Egypt and they're no friend to women or freedom. Members of the party want to take away women's rights, instate Shari'a Law etc.

Well he was elected, but definitely not by a landslide. He could just as easily have lost for the reasons that you stated.

But that doesn't justify this witch hunt.

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 10:27:58 PM
At 7/16/2012 9:48:37 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Well he was elected, but definitely not by a landslide. He could just as easily have lost for the reasons that you stated.

The American people are biased against Muslims just like they were against communists. However, they have good reason to be.

Terror attacks thwarted or planned since 9/11:

40 foiled. [http://www.heritage.org...]

List of foiled attacks. [http://en.wikipedia.org...]

45 attacks foiled. [http://www.thedailybeast.com...]

It's not a witch hunt. The witch is there, we're just lucky they haven't gotten it right yet.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 10:32:04 PM
At 7/16/2012 10:27:58 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

The American people are biased against Muslims just like they were against communists. However, they have good reason to be.

It's not a witch hunt. The witch is there, we're just lucky they haven't gotten it right yet.

Not in the United States government. Tell me, how would Michele Bachmann know more about Muslim Brotherhood agents than the CIA, FBI, and the Justice Department?

ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 10:46:06 PM
At 7/16/2012 10:32:04 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Not in the United States government. Tell me, how would Michele Bachmann know more about Muslim Brotherhood agents than the CIA, FBI, and the Justice Department?

Because she's on the House Intelligence Committee
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 10:58:18 PM
At 7/16/2012 10:46:06 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/16/2012 10:32:04 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Because she's on the House Intelligence Committee

Then why are only a handful of its members pursuing this?

Her accusations aren't even substantial. Her reason for suspecting Hilary Clinton's aid is something like her father's friend's friend was related to the Muslim Brotherhood 30 years ago.

If there was real information, I would support this effort- but there isn't. These are just random suspicions.

socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 11:02:04 PM
So CP, you're saying it's justified to be suspicious of a religion of over a billion because some are dlcks? Look out, consistency demands you be suspicious of everyone then. Oh wait, not everyone is foreign and brown. Hhhmmm.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 11:12:50 PM
At 7/16/2012 11:02:04 PM, socialpinko wrote:
So CP, you're saying it's justified to be suspicious of a religion of over a billion because some are dlcks? Look out, consistency demands you be suspicious of everyone then. Oh wait, not everyone is foreign and brown. Hhhmmm.

I don't think that is what he meant Social.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
socialpinko
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 11:15:34 PM
At 7/16/2012 11:12:50 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Yeah it is. He posted links of Muslim terrorists to justify suspicion against Muslims in general. Observe.

: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/16/2012 11:19:36 PM
At 7/16/2012 11:15:34 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 7/16/2012 11:12:50 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:

Yeah it is. He posted links of Muslim terrorists to justify suspicion against Muslims in general. Observe.

Okay I did not see that.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 1:03:05 PM

No but the Muslim Brotherhood is a group containing open and passionate radicalists. I'm not suspicious of all Muslims.
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 6:16:51 PM
At 7/16/2012 7:56:20 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
http://www.sctimes.com...

"Hey, remember how Joseph McCarthy got famous by accusing people of being Communists and proceeding to destroy theirs careers and tarnish their reputations? What if we did the same thing... BUT WITH MUSLIMS! Neo-conservatives will idolize us!"

I can only imagine what Bachmann and the others pursuing this are really thinking.

You almost had me fooled my Muslim amigo, but I'm wise to your "people should be judged by the content of their character" totalitarian ploys.
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper