Jump to topic:

Q About Israeli/Iranian Nuclear Capabilities

jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/18/2012 6:30:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The following was written by a Zionist, Pro-Israel, hawkish friend of mine on facebook, and I'm simply not sure about the points he's raising and don't know where to look to check them out.... Naturally I was wondering if anyone on DDO could help me out here.

"There is also no evidence that Israel has nuclear weaponry. It is believed that they do. However it has not been proven. What has been proven however during a International Atomic Energy Agency investigation of Iran's nuclear facilities is that they Iranians have almost enough low enriched uranium to create an atom bomb. Iran is well on the way to enriching weapon grade uranium and the report shows that Iran is developing the advanced centrifuges necessary to do so.

This investigation occurred in 2011. They have since gained more low enriched uranium. During this investigation the IAEA also discovered machines meant to distill heavy water and enrich uranium to atomic bomb grade quality. There is no use for uranium enriched that much for nuclear energy and heavy water, much of which was discovered in the Iranian plant, is also also primarily used in the production of nuclear weaponry. If Iran was really just developing clean energy like they say then they wouldn't have machines designed to enrich uranium past the necessary grade to produce nuclear energy and would have no real use for heavy water machines whatsoever."
mark.marrocco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:19:38 PM
At 7/18/2012 6:30:44 PM, jat93 wrote:
The following was written by a Zionist, Pro-Israel, hawkish friend of mine on facebook, and I'm simply not sure about the points he's raising and don't know where to look to check them out.... Naturally I was wondering if anyone on DDO could help me out here.

"There is also no evidence that Israel has nuclear weaponry. It is believed that they do. However it has not been proven. What has been proven however during a International Atomic Energy Agency investigation of Iran's nuclear facilities is that they Iranians have almost enough low enriched uranium to create an atom bomb. Iran is well on the way to enriching weapon grade uranium and the report shows that Iran is developing the advanced centrifuges necessary to do so.

This investigation occurred in 2011. They have since gained more low enriched uranium. During this investigation the IAEA also discovered machines meant to distill heavy water and enrich uranium to atomic bomb grade quality. There is no use for uranium enriched that much for nuclear energy and heavy water, much of which was discovered in the Iranian plant, is also also primarily used in the production of nuclear weaponry. If Iran was really just developing clean energy like they say then they wouldn't have machines designed to enrich uranium past the necessary grade to produce nuclear energy and would have no real use for heavy water machines whatsoever."

Well, what are you asking exactly? Just a reference to the facts?

http://www.globalsecurity.org...

http://www.bbc.co.uk...

http://topics.nytimes.com...

These seem like semi-reliabe sources, but I admit I haven't read them yet. (I'm reading the BBC one now)

Why do you ask?
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 6:37:09 PM
Simply put, there's no rational-minded commentator who currently claims that Iran has nuclear warheads, or that Israel doesn't. The IAEA, the international body on the affairs, states Iran doesn't have warheads but Israel does. Panetta also states the same. The israeli general whose name I forget says the same. Ayatollah Khamenei and Supreme Leader Abdullah bin Abdul bin Saed of the UAE says the same.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
rayman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/5/2013 3:11:03 AM
Posted: 3 years ago
At 7/18/2012 6:30:44 PM, jat93 wrote:

Uranium is powerful...yes the Iranian's may have something, but we know for sure Israel does....but do they really want to live with the after math... peace is better...put it off to another...cause...we can ?