Bill Maher is an Idiot

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 12:06:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Video speaks for itself
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 12:33:04 PM
Please do not let links and videos "speak for themselves," you need to give us a short summary and your opinion. Frankly I don't know what you are talking about.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 12:41:25 PM
At 7/19/2012 12:39:48 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 7/19/2012 12:33:39 PM, inferno wrote:

Hes an Atheist. Enough said.

*Loud applaud at inferno's brilliance*

I think there's something to be said about the ignorance of condemning a man just because he doesn't buy into your metaphysical theory.
Rob
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 12:50:42 PM
It has nothing to do with his beliefs- or lack thereof- but of his presentation method, which is ridiculously obnoxious at best.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:09:53 PM
I honestly think that Bill Maher, Billy O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, that one lady who dressed in a mini-skirt and then sayed Hollywood hates family values, Hannity, Huckabee, and other right wing fanatics are all crazy. Once I was looking at the political books in a bookstore, and a lady said I should read O'Reilly. I remember I was just awestruck, I can imagine how that went.

Michael Moore though, I don't agree with all he says, but his principles are something to be admired.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:12:43 PM
Why do you threads always include some derisive slander or another?, "disgusting", "freeloader", "idiot".

It discourages people from taking you seriously.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:37:50 PM
The Fool: Why is he an idiot? he just tells things as it is.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:39:00 PM
At 7/19/2012 8:09:53 PM, Contra wrote:
I honestly think that Bill Maher, Billy O'Reilly, Ann Coulter, Rush Limbaugh, that one lady who dressed in a mini-skirt and then sayed Hollywood hates family values, Hannity, Huckabee, and other right wing fanatics are all crazy. Once I was looking at the political books in a bookstore, and a lady said I should read O'Reilly. I remember I was just awestruck, I can imagine how that went.

Michael Moore though, I don't agree with all he says, but his principles are something to be admired.

Rush Limbaugh isn't crazy. Try listening to a few of his shows and you'll agree with me; the man is actually very insightful sometimes.
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:40:05 PM
The Fool: He is right on the Ball!. he just has the guts to say it. He says our medis sucks too.! A spade is a spade!.
"The bud disappears when the blossom breaks through, and we might say that the former is refuted by the latter; in the same way when the fruit comes, the blossom may be explained to be a false form of the plant's existence, for the fruit appears as its true nature in place of the blossom. These stages are not merely differentiated; they supplant one another as being incompatible with one another." G. W. F. HEGEL
The_Fool_on_the_hill
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 8:43:10 PM
The Fool: all politics is Bad metaphysics.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:23:04 PM
At 7/19/2012 8:39:00 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

Rush Limbaugh isn't crazy. Try listening to a few of his shows and you'll agree with me; the man is actually very insightful sometimes.

I'll promise to listen to 2 1/2 hours if you promise to read one of Michael Moore's books. My pick. Deal? I'd love that kind of thing to happen on DDO.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:35:25 PM

You forgot Rachel Maddow. I sometimes watch her show for laughs and giggles when I'm feeling down.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:36:46 PM
At 7/19/2012 8:12:43 PM, 000ike wrote:
Why do you threads always include some derisive slander or another?, "disgusting", "freeloader", "idiot".

It discourages people from taking you seriously.

It's a reflection of my metaphysical value judgements.

Btw, "freeloader" is not derisive slander. What would you rather have me say? "Person who does nothing but is still equally helpful to society." Come on with your political correctness BS.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:44:20 PM
At 7/19/2012 9:35:25 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

You forgot Rachel Maddow. I sometimes watch her show for laughs and giggles when I'm feeling down.

Oh yeah, she is funny to watch. Her show does have some good stuff on it though sometimes, I have seen it several times.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/19/2012 9:56:06 PM
At 7/19/2012 9:44:20 PM, Contra wrote:
At 7/19/2012 9:35:25 PM, Lordknukle wrote:

Oh yeah, she is funny to watch. Her show does have some good stuff on it though sometimes, I have seen it several times.

Ya gotta love the way she says "Republicans." It's almost like every time she says it, a devil stabs her with a pitchfork.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 1:07:43 AM
At 7/19/2012 9:23:04 PM, Contra wrote:
At 7/19/2012 8:39:00 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

I'll promise to listen to 2 1/2 hours if you promise to read one of Michael Moore's books. My pick. Deal? I'd love that kind of thing to happen on DDO.

I'll say this about Rush/Hannity/Any other commentator. It can't be easy to spend hours, every day, constantly talking about politics, trying to be fresh, entertaining, and insightful.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
twocupcakes
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 9:56:42 AM

Perhaps sometimes he can be insightful, but he also can be crazy.

http://www.politifact.com...

"Do you think that it is accidental that the name of the really vicious fire-breathing, four-eyed whatever it is villain in this movie is named Bane?" Limbaugh suggested to his listeners.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 11:19:37 AM
I forget where I heard this said, but it was put quite well by someone- "The difference between Bill Maher and Rush Limbaugh is that Maher's fans know that he is an a**hole."
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:31:29 PM
At 7/19/2012 8:40:05 PM, The_Fool_on_the_hill wrote:
The Fool: He is right on the Ball!. he just has the guts to say it. He says our medis sucks too.! A spade is a spade!.

are all the women he calls cunts, cunts?
Yea what class we should all just bow to him and his insults.
Me
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 4:41:03 PM

I've already seen several of his movies and I watched the Daily Show regularly a few years back. I used to like the Daily Show, but watching it lately has become painful.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 5:25:39 PM
At 7/20/2012 4:41:03 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

I've already seen several of his movies and I watched the Daily Show regularly a few years back. I used to like the Daily Show, but watching it lately has become painful.

So, would you read one of his books?

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:00:28 PM
At 7/20/2012 5:25:39 PM, Contra wrote:

No, because I've already given him a chance by watching his movies, which were filled with blatant lies and misinformation.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 7:43:59 PM
At 7/20/2012 7:00:28 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 7/20/2012 5:25:39 PM, Contra wrote:

No, because I've already given him a chance by watching his movies, which were filled with blatant lies and misinformation.

So I will miss the opportunity to hear some of Rush's propaganda. What a shame. Seriously, some of his books are insightful and hilarious, and not offensive to anyone unless you are a conservative Republican politician or an unethical CEO.

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:30:40 PM
So I will miss the opportunity to hear some of Rush's propaganda. What a shame. Seriously, some of his books are insightful and hilarious, and not offensive to anyone unless you are a conservative Republican politician or an unethical CEO.

The difference between me and you is that I've already given Moore a chance, you havn't even given Rush Limbaugh a chance. I watched two of his movies and they both distorted the truth, so why should I read his book?
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:31:57 PM
At 7/20/2012 8:30:40 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

The difference between me and you is that I've already given Moore a chance, you havn't even given Rush Limbaugh a chance. I watched two of his movies and they both distorted the truth, so why should I read his book?

'Cause its funny!

I have a family member who routinely criticizes Michelle Obama for her taste in things. Is this the kind of crap that Rush has on his show?

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:34:40 PM
'Cause its funny!

I have a family member who routinely criticizes Michelle Obama for her taste in things. Is this the kind of crap that Rush has on his show?

He talks about politics, he has some funny commericals, and occasionally he tries to sell you things that his sponsers provide.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:40:55 PM
At 7/20/2012 8:34:40 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
'Cause its funny!

He talks about politics, he has some funny commericals, and occasionally he tries to sell you things that his sponsers provide.

Could you at least try one of his books that has no political attacks and just praises the troops in Iraq for their sacrifices?

MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 8:50:39 PM
Could you at least try one of his books that has no political attacks and just praises the troops in Iraq for their sacrifices?

I'd rather not; books take a lot longer to read than it does to watch a video or a movie.