Jump to topic:

I Need To Blow Off a Little Steam

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 3:08:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Okay, so I understand that I have a lot of differences with supporters of President Obama and the president himself. I understand this and that is OKAY.

But, it really bugs me when people claim that Obama has been "fiscally conservative", or has "streamlined regulations", or "cut taxes like crazy".

First off, all of these are either very misleading or flat out untrue. The chart that allegedly showed Obama being a fiscally conservative president was debunked by numerous sources and became a laughingstock of even some liberal factchecking groups.

The same thing happened to the claim, made by the president, that he has "streamlined regulations". Hmmm. Odd, how a president can pass some of the largest expansions of the regulatory state ever and still claim to be "streamlining regulations". Of course, even liberal factcheckers once again called BS.

As far as tax cuts go, the president is just using clever accounting. He sends checks to people for doing activities he finds desirable. However, instead of calling them welfare or subsidies, he calls them tax credits.

Of course, if he was really interested cutting taxes, he could cut marginal tax rates across the board... instead, he has raised them and proposes raising them more.

So, Obama and friends, go ahead and defend your vision for America, but please don't insult our intelligence by pretending that you are anything other than a classic left wing statist... and that you have been expanding government at a record pace.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
yoda878
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 3:24:05 PM
At 7/20/2012 3:08:37 PM, JamesMadison wrote:
Okay, so I understand that I have a lot of differences with supporters of President Obama and the president himself. I understand this and that is OKAY.

But, it really bugs me when people claim that Obama has been "fiscally conservative", or has "streamlined regulations", or "cut taxes like crazy".

First off, all of these are either very misleading or flat out untrue. The chart that allegedly showed Obama being a fiscally conservative president was debunked by numerous sources and became a laughingstock of even some liberal factchecking groups.

The same thing happened to the claim, made by the president, that he has "streamlined regulations". Hmmm. Odd, how a president can pass some of the largest expansions of the regulatory state ever and still claim to be "streamlining regulations". Of course, even liberal factcheckers once again called BS.

As far as tax cuts go, the president is just using clever accounting. He sends checks to people for doing activities he finds desirable. However, instead of calling them welfare or subsidies, he calls them tax credits.

Of course, if he was really interested cutting taxes, he could cut marginal tax rates across the board... instead, he has raised them and proposes raising them more.

So, Obama and friends, go ahead and defend your vision for America, but please don't insult our intelligence by pretending that you are anything other than a classic left wing statist... and that you have been expanding government at a record pace.

Don't worry about it the more they try to say hes something hes not the more people will realize what he is, is worth hiding and denying.
Me
JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 11:00:07 PM
Hmmm.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.