Jump to topic:

Prediction On Global Warming

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 9:11:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My prediction for Global Warming is that in 100 years, people will be laughing at our society for thinking that we were causing global warming by driving too much.

They will find it humorous that, during our time, we called the people who didn't buy into this theory "cranks" and "deniers".

Global warming hysteria will be looked in 100 years the same way we look at theories about a geocentric universe today.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 9:14:21 PM
At 7/20/2012 9:11:33 PM, JamesMadison wrote:
My prediction for Global Warming is that in 100 years, people will be laughing at our society for thinking that we were causing global warming by driving too much.

They will find it humorous that, during our time, we called the people who didn't buy into this theory "cranks" and "deniers".

Global warming hysteria will be looked in 100 years the same way we look at theories about a geocentric universe today.

interesting prediction, but I'd disagree. They'll either be laughing that people actually doubted it, or fuming at the mouths that people actually doubted it. Depending, of course, on how the strong the resistance remains over the next 20 - 30 years.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 9:18:03 PM
At 7/20/2012 9:14:21 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

interesting prediction, but I'd disagree. They'll either be laughing that people actually doubted it, or fuming at the mouths that people actually doubted it. Depending, of course, on how the strong the resistance remains over the next 20 - 30 years.

I hope we both live long enough to find out who was right here, so one of us can say "I told you so".
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 9:20:06 PM
At 7/20/2012 9:18:03 PM, JamesMadison wrote:

I hope we both live long enough to find out who was right here, so one of us can say "I told you so".

It'll be hard based on a 100 year time frame, but in 50 years, there will probably be a decent approximation. It is also not unreasonable to assume that both of us will live 50 more years.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 9:23:52 PM
At 7/20/2012 9:20:06 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 7/20/2012 9:18:03 PM, JamesMadison wrote:

It'll be hard based on a 100 year time frame, but in 50 years, there will probably be a decent approximation. It is also not unreasonable to assume that both of us will live 50 more years.

True. Unless, of course, you turn out to be right, then we will have both drowned by then, haha.
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 10:48:04 PM
There's a difference between the apocalypse and a sharp temperature rise (The Day After Tomorrow was not made by scientists). In case you haven't noticed, there is no hysteria. There is concern among scientists, and companies have turned this into a profitable trend. Why is it so terrible to be concerned about something that there is considerable evidence for just because it's turned into an annoying fad? It's not as though the global warming deniers are being rounded up and shot.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
mark.marrocco
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/20/2012 11:05:49 PM
That's the problem, this is a subject that is vastly oversimplified by the media and even many scientists. There are so many factors at play (most of them unconsidered by the public/media) that it's difficult to make short-term predictions, let alone long term.
"Belief is the death of intelligence. As soon as one believes a doctrine of any sort, or assumes certitude, one stops thinking about that aspect of existence."