Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

Jay Carney: Fail

ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 8:42:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Fail just... fail.

He doesn't know the capital of Israel? *facepalm*
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 8:58:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As overworked as he must be, and having much more stressful things on mind, it's no wonder he would forget the answer to that easy question. Kind of like how some Jeopardy players, with all their esoteric knowledge, are tripped up on elementary math problems.

When you're the White House Press Secretary for the President of the United States and anything you say and how you say it could make or break headlines the following day, and you're being drilled by reporters,....THEN maybe you'll have the sanction to speak. Until then, shut up.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 8:59:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
You'll even make an excuse for Jay Carney? The man's an idiot!

Besides, excuses or not, this is still a fail.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
lewis20
Posts: 5,093
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 9:02:33 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Jay Carney "Personally Know[s] 3 Hilary Rosens' " That Frequent the WH

http://nation.foxnews.com...
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 9:09:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 9:02:33 PM, lewis20 wrote:
Jay Carney "Personally Know[s] 3 Hilary Rosens' " That Frequent the WH

http://nation.foxnews.com...

LOL xD

Wow...
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 9:17:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The capital of Israel is a major point of contention between Israeli's and Palestinian's. Israel claims it is Jerusalem, but most of the world (including the United States) do not recognize this claim, and consider Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jay Carney merely did not want to say Tel Aviv during an election year, and certainly couldn't contradict official U.S. policy and say Jerusalem. I'm sure he knew the American and Israeli positions on Israel's capital.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 9:28:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 9:17:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
The capital of Israel is a major point of contention between Israeli's and Palestinian's. Israel claims it is Jerusalem, but most of the world (including the United States) do not recognize this claim, and consider Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jay Carney merely did not want to say Tel Aviv during an election year, and certainly couldn't contradict official U.S. policy and say Jerusalem. I'm sure he knew the American and Israeli positions on Israel's capital.

It's still an entertaining video.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
Frederick53
Posts: 1,037
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 9:46:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 9:28:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:17:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
The capital of Israel is a major point of contention between Israeli's and Palestinian's. Israel claims it is Jerusalem, but most of the world (including the United States) do not recognize this claim, and consider Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jay Carney merely did not want to say Tel Aviv during an election year, and certainly couldn't contradict official U.S. policy and say Jerusalem. I'm sure he knew the American and Israeli positions on Israel's capital.

It's still an entertaining video.

But not a fail.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 9:48:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 9:28:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:17:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
The capital of Israel is a major point of contention between Israeli's and Palestinian's. Israel claims it is Jerusalem, but most of the world (including the United States) do not recognize this claim, and consider Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jay Carney merely did not want to say Tel Aviv during an election year, and certainly couldn't contradict official U.S. policy and say Jerusalem. I'm sure he knew the American and Israeli positions on Israel's capital.

It's still an entertaining video.

Perhaps. But the 'fail' is still on your part, not his.

At 7/26/2012 8:42:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Fail just... fail.

He doesn't know the capital of Israel? *facepalm*

At 7/26/2012 8:59:54 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
You'll even make an excuse for Jay Carney? The man's an idiot!

Besides, excuses or not, this is still a fail.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
16kadams
Posts: 10,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 9:58:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 9:46:36 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:28:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:17:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
The capital of Israel is a major point of contention between Israeli's and Palestinian's. Israel claims it is Jerusalem, but most of the world (including the United States) do not recognize this claim, and consider Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jay Carney merely did not want to say Tel Aviv during an election year, and certainly couldn't contradict official U.S. policy and say Jerusalem. I'm sure he knew the American and Israeli positions on Israel's capital.

It's still an entertaining video.

But not a fail.

It shows they are more worried about their jobs in an election then telling the official position. It shows they are weak and don't care about America. That they are indecisive. And cannot choose a name.

The government is incompetent but tell it to the world obviously?

It's indeed a fail.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 10:06:19 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 9:58:55 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:46:36 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:28:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:17:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
The capital of Israel is a major point of contention between Israeli's and Palestinian's. Israel claims it is Jerusalem, but most of the world (including the United States) do not recognize this claim, and consider Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jay Carney merely did not want to say Tel Aviv during an election year, and certainly couldn't contradict official U.S. policy and say Jerusalem. I'm sure he knew the American and Israeli positions on Israel's capital.

It's still an entertaining video.

But not a fail.


It shows they are more worried about their jobs in an election then telling the official position. It shows they are weak and don't care about America. That they are indecisive. And cannot choose a name.

The government is incompetent but tell it to the world obviously?

It's indeed a fail.

They aren't indecisive, the official position is that Israel's capital is Tel Aviv, same as the official position of the Bush administration. I'm sure the Bush administration didn't publicize the fact that they didn't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital either. Every politician tiptoes around the Israel-first lobby.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
Apollo.11
Posts: 3,478
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 10:25:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 8:59:54 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
You'll even make an excuse for Jay Carney? The man's an idiot!

Besides, excuses or not, this is still a fail.

How? I would never have thought as far into as he did. Instead of just giving the obvious answer, he realized the possible repercussions it might have given the US stance on Israel/Palestine. The man is very smart, and this video even helps prove that.
Sapere Aude!
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,278
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2012 10:34:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 10:06:19 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:58:55 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:46:36 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:28:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:17:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
The capital of Israel is a major point of contention between Israeli's and Palestinian's. Israel claims it is Jerusalem, but most of the world (including the United States) do not recognize this claim, and consider Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jay Carney merely did not want to say Tel Aviv during an election year, and certainly couldn't contradict official U.S. policy and say Jerusalem. I'm sure he knew the American and Israeli positions on Israel's capital.

It's still an entertaining video.

But not a fail.


It shows they are more worried about their jobs in an election then telling the official position. It shows they are weak and don't care about America. That they are indecisive. And cannot choose a name.

The government is incompetent but tell it to the world obviously?

It's indeed a fail.

They aren't indecisive, the official position is that Israel's capital is Tel Aviv, same as the official position of the Bush administration. I'm sure the Bush administration didn't publicize the fact that they didn't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital either. Every politician tiptoes around the Israel-first lobby.

Then he should have said Tel Aviv. The fail is still there. No conviction. Weak.
The wise have eyes in their heads, while the fool walks in the darkness; but I came to realizethat the same fate overtakes them both.
Then I said to myself,
"The fate of the fool will overtake me also.
What then do I gain by being wise?"
I said to myself, "This too is meaningless."
For the wise, like the fool, will not be long remembered;
the days have already come when both have been forgotten.
Like the fool, the wise too must die!
- Ecclesiastes 2:14-16
YYW
Posts: 41,723
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2012 6:06:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 8:42:49 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:


Fail just... fail.

He doesn't know the capital of Israel? *facepalm*

I think that the Obama administration's theory was that the actual leaders might appear competent when Carney was the metric of comparison. Either way, the guy is a dipsh!t.
Trump's Criminal Campaign and Presidency:

http://www.debate.org...

Where we were, on Trump:

http://www.debate.org...

Russia: The Update

http://www.debate.org...
16kadams
Posts: 10,527
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/27/2012 7:34:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/26/2012 10:06:19 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:58:55 PM, 16kadams wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:46:36 PM, Frederick53 wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:28:56 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 7/26/2012 9:17:05 PM, LaissezFaire wrote:
The capital of Israel is a major point of contention between Israeli's and Palestinian's. Israel claims it is Jerusalem, but most of the world (including the United States) do not recognize this claim, and consider Tel Aviv the capital of Israel. Jay Carney merely did not want to say Tel Aviv during an election year, and certainly couldn't contradict official U.S. policy and say Jerusalem. I'm sure he knew the American and Israeli positions on Israel's capital.

It's still an entertaining video.

But not a fail.


It shows they are more worried about their jobs in an election then telling the official position. It shows they are weak and don't care about America. That they are indecisive. And cannot choose a name.

The government is incompetent but tell it to the world obviously?

It's indeed a fail.

They aren't indecisive, the official position is that Israel's capital is Tel Aviv, same as the official position of the Bush administration. I'm sure the Bush administration didn't publicize the fact that they didn't recognize Jerusalem as Israel's capital either. Every politician tiptoes around the Israel-first lobby.

I agree, but they should have said it if that's the policy.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross