Total Posts:9|Showing Posts:1-9
Jump to topic:

Life Cap

FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:28:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
What if instead of sending people into retirement and paying for their old age we set a cap on how long you're allowed to live. Then their wealth would be dispersed to rest of us. It would certainly help the living.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
LaissezFaire
Posts: 2,050
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:33:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 2:28:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
What if instead of sending people into retirement and paying for their old age we set a cap on how long you're allowed to live. Then their wealth would be dispersed to rest of us. It would certainly help the living.

If there was a 'life cap' and when you hit it, your wealth was dispersed to everyone, everyone would make sure they used all their wealth before they hit the cap.
Should we subsidize education?
http://www.debate.org...

http://mises.org...

http://lewrockwell.com...

http://antiwar.com...

: At 6/22/2011 6:57:23 PM, el-badgero wrote:
: i didn't like [Obama]. he was the only black dude in moneygall yet he claimed to be home. obvious liar is obvious liar. i bet him and bin laden are bumfvcking right now.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:45:52 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 2:33:36 AM, LaissezFaire wrote:
At 7/31/2012 2:28:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
What if instead of sending people into retirement and paying for their old age we set a cap on how long you're allowed to live. Then their wealth would be dispersed to rest of us. It would certainly help the living.

If there was a 'life cap' and when you hit it, your wealth was dispersed to everyone, everyone would make sure they used all their wealth before they hit the cap.

Your point being?
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 3:01:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
FREEDO, your life cap is tomorrow.

How about a 'progressive' life cap.

Depending on your intelligence, lifelong earnings, donations to charity, and hair.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 3:13:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 3:01:54 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
FREEDO, your life cap is tomorrow.

How about a 'progressive' life cap.

Depending on your intelligence, lifelong earnings, donations to charity, and hair.

Now we're getting somewhere!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 3:51:18 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 3:13:09 AM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/31/2012 3:01:54 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
FREEDO, your life cap is tomorrow.

How about a 'progressive' life cap.

Depending on your intelligence, lifelong earnings, donations to charity, and hair.

Now we're getting somewhere!

FREEDO! I just figured out how to have your scientific political experiment system decide on policies to test!

By taking strategies from random Dilbert comics :D
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 7:47:53 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 2:28:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
What if instead of sending people into retirement and paying for their old age we set a cap on how long you're allowed to live. Then their wealth would be dispersed to rest of us. It would certainly help the living.

The human life span, as well as their functionality throughout it, is not static.

In fact, medical science is to the extent that future generations will likely live at least 50% longer than humans today, which is an increase we've already experienced -- we currently retire at least 30 years later than what was once the average human lifespan.

Of course, we could all have access to that kind of jazz today, but people are too busy complacently criticizing OWS protestors and anyone else who disagrees with the status quo.

Anyway, I think this is a terrible excuse to commit genocide.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 8:10:04 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 2:28:36 AM, FREEDO wrote:
What if instead of sending people into retirement and paying for their old age we set a cap on how long you're allowed to live. Then their wealth would be dispersed to rest of us. It would certainly help the living.

Didn't they do that in ancient Japan?