Total Posts:22|Showing Posts:1-22
Jump to topic:

Mitt Romney A Racist *

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:25:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
That is the question. Now it can be said that Romney being a certified member
of the Church Of Latter Day Saints, or a Mormon, he has to deal with his share
or common prejudices. But lets also recognize, that Romney would present himself in a manner which cater to people of a specific demographic just to garner votes
all across the board. Here, he was giving a speech internationally in the country
known as Jerusalem. And his comments were somewhat border-line racist
given the fact that he was in an area that is anti-Islam or Palenstine.
So can you blame the guy for saying what he did ? Or was he just taken out
of context. See details below.
http://www2.timesdispatch.com...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:34:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:25:42 PM, inferno wrote:
That is the question. Now it can be said that Romney being a certified member
of the Church Of Latter Day Saints, or a Mormon, he has to deal with his share
or common prejudices. But lets also recognize, that Romney would present himself in a manner which cater to people of a specific demographic just to garner votes
all across the board. Here, he was giving a speech internationally in the country
known as Jerusalem. And his comments were somewhat border-line racist
given the fact that he was in an area that is anti-Islam or Palenstine.
So can you blame the guy for saying what he did ? Or was he just taken out
of context. See details below.:

The pot calling the kettle black, I see.

http://www.examiner.com...
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:42:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:34:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:25:42 PM, inferno wrote:
That is the question. Now it can be said that Romney being a certified member
of the Church Of Latter Day Saints, or a Mormon, he has to deal with his share
or common prejudices. But lets also recognize, that Romney would present himself in a manner which cater to people of a specific demographic just to garner votes
all across the board. Here, he was giving a speech internationally in the country
known as Jerusalem. And his comments were somewhat border-line racist
given the fact that he was in an area that is anti-Islam or Palenstine.
So can you blame the guy for saying what he did ? Or was he just taken out
of context. See details below.:

The pot calling the kettle black, I see.

http://www.examiner.com...

Explain.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:43:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:34:59 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:25:42 PM, inferno wrote:
That is the question. Now it can be said that Romney being a certified member
of the Church Of Latter Day Saints, or a Mormon, he has to deal with his share
or common prejudices. But lets also recognize, that Romney would present himself in a manner which cater to people of a specific demographic just to garner votes
all across the board. Here, he was giving a speech internationally in the country
known as Jerusalem. And his comments were somewhat border-line racist
given the fact that he was in an area that is anti-Islam or Palenstine.
So can you blame the guy for saying what he did ? Or was he just taken out
of context. See details below.:

The pot calling the kettle black, I see.

http://www.examiner.com...

The Black Panther Party is irrelevent to me and 90% of all Blacks.
You must start from scratch my friend.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:45:54 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
The Black Panther Party is irrelevent to me and 90% of all Blacks.
You must start from scratch my friend.:

Meaning one could make the argument that Obama harbors racist ideologies too. Tit for tat, in other words.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 12:53:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:45:54 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
The Black Panther Party is irrelevent to me and 90% of all Blacks.
You must start from scratch my friend.:

Meaning one could make the argument that Obama harbors racist ideologies too. Tit for tat, in other words.

Not really. Obama didn't make any racist comments. Romney did.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 1:00:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:53:28 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Um, Romney's comment WAS racist.

But was this a subliminal mistake, or a blatant one.
Some would view this as something minor given the fact that he desires to
appease his audience to garner votes. Is this how we really views the world
in general though, that one is more superior than the other. That is the question.
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 1:06:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 1:00:26 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:53:28 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Um, Romney's comment WAS racist.

But was this a subliminal mistake, or a blatant one.
Some would view this as something minor given the fact that he desires to
appease his audience to garner votes. Is this how we really views the world
in general though, that one is more superior than the other. That is the question.

I mean, I don't think the Jewish population will vote for him anyways. They tend to be very liberal, so it was a stupid comment if it was intentional.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 1:50:59 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 1:06:58 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
At 7/31/2012 1:00:26 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:53:28 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Um, Romney's comment WAS racist.

But was this a subliminal mistake, or a blatant one.
Some would view this as something minor given the fact that he desires to
appease his audience to garner votes. Is this how we really views the world
in general though, that one is more superior than the other. That is the question.

I mean, I don't think the Jewish population will vote for him anyways. They tend to be very liberal, so it was a stupid comment if it was intentional.

I agree. Most Jews are not a fan of the overly religious Conservative crowds here
in the US. Isnt that something.
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:45:15 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 12:53:28 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Um, Romney's comment WAS racist.

No it wasn't. Romney was commenting on the culture of Israel, not on any race. He cited examples in his speech actually, which had to do with Israel's culture of economic and political freedoms. Romney also compared Chile to Ecuador, and the USA to Mexico, using these comparisons as examples of culture being a factor in the success of a nation.

The fact is that Israel has the strongest economy in the Middle East, and it has the most religious, political, and economic freedoms of any country in that region. That is what Romney was alluding to when he made that comment. The regions Palestine controls are dirt poor, because their leaders brainwash the youth and dedicate all efforts toward the destruction of Israel; this destructive culture, combined with the Israel response of basically blockading parts of Palestinian controlled territory, is why the region is so poor.
HelterSkelter
Posts: 281
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:48:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 2:45:15 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:53:28 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Um, Romney's comment WAS racist.

No it wasn't. Romney was commenting on the culture of Israel, not on any race.
He was commenting on the inherent culture of the Palestinians versus the inherent culture of the Jews.
He cited examples in his speech actually, which had to do with Israel's culture of economic and political freedoms.
Yeah, those don't exist. I support Israel, but I recognize that it isn't perfect. I think there needs to be a better peace process.
Romney also compared Chile to Ecuador, and the USA to Mexico, using these comparisons as examples of culture being a factor in the success of a nation.

The fact is that Israel has the strongest economy in the Middle East,
B/c we back it and provide it with aid. Egypt also does well because we give it aid.
and it has the most religious, political, and economic freedoms of any country in that region. T
Only for Jews (and not even African Jews-just the white ones)
hat is what Romney was alluding to when he made that comment. The regions Palestine controls are dirt poor, because their leaders brainwash the youth and dedicate all efforts toward the destruction of Israel; this destructive culture, combined with the Israel response of basically blockading parts of Palestinian controlled territory, is why the region is so poor.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 2:55:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 2:48:58 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
At 7/31/2012 2:45:15 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 7/31/2012 12:53:28 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Um, Romney's comment WAS racist.

No it wasn't. Romney was commenting on the culture of Israel, not on any race.
He was commenting on the inherent culture of the Palestinians versus the inherent culture of the Jews.
He cited examples in his speech actually, which had to do with Israel's culture of economic and political freedoms.
Yeah, those don't exist. I support Israel, but I recognize that it isn't perfect. I think there needs to be a better peace process.
Romney also compared Chile to Ecuador, and the USA to Mexico, using these comparisons as examples of culture being a factor in the success of a nation.

The fact is that Israel has the strongest economy in the Middle East,
B/c we back it and provide it with aid. Egypt also does well because we give it aid.
and it has the most religious, political, and economic freedoms of any country in that region. T
Only for Jews (and not even African Jews-just the white ones)
hat is what Romney was alluding to when he made that comment. The regions Palestine controls are dirt poor, because their leaders brainwash the youth and dedicate all efforts toward the destruction of Israel; this destructive culture, combined with the Israel response of basically blockading parts of Palestinian controlled territory, is why the region is so poor.

Hmmm. You're really something else Koala bear.
vbaculum
Posts: 1,274
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 5:20:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I agree with MrBrooks. The statement was about "culture". A race is not a culture.
Besides, weren't Jews technically Palastenians in terms of ethnicity (before the diaspora occured, that is)?
"If you claim to value nonviolence and you consume animal products, you need to rethink your position on nonviolence." - Gary Francione

THE WORLD IS VEGAN! If you want it
thett3
Posts: 14,381
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 6:45:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 6:40:17 PM, Zarathrusa wrote:
INFERNO IS BLACK????!!!!!

What the fvcking fvck?

A person who joined 20 hours ago knows enough about inferno to be surprised hes balck?!

What the fvcking fvck?

Who are you?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 6:50:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 6:40:17 PM, Zarathrusa wrote:
INFERNO IS BLACK????!!!!!

What the fvcking fvck?

Yes, I am. What does race have to do with the users here ?
AND no, you are not new. Nice to have you back here though.
Zarathrusa
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 6:55:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 6:50:27 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/31/2012 6:40:17 PM, Zarathrusa wrote:
INFERNO IS BLACK????!!!!!

What the fvcking fvck?

Yes, I am. What does race have to do with the users here ?
AND no, you are not new. Nice to have you back here though.

You struck me as a middle aged white Texan wearing a tin-foil hat.
thett3
Posts: 14,381
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 7:02:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 6:55:02 PM, Zarathrusa wrote:
At 7/31/2012 6:50:27 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/31/2012 6:40:17 PM, Zarathrusa wrote:
INFERNO IS BLACK????!!!!!

What the fvcking fvck?

Yes, I am. What does race have to do with the users here ?
AND no, you are not new. Nice to have you back here though.

You struck me as a middle aged white Texan wearing a tin-foil hat.

Why a new account??
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Zarathrusa
Posts: 21
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 7:07:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 7/31/2012 7:02:44 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 7/31/2012 6:55:02 PM, Zarathrusa wrote:
At 7/31/2012 6:50:27 PM, inferno wrote:
At 7/31/2012 6:40:17 PM, Zarathrusa wrote:
INFERNO IS BLACK????!!!!!

What the fvcking fvck?

Yes, I am. What does race have to do with the users here ?
AND no, you are not new. Nice to have you back here though.

You struck me as a middle aged white Texan wearing a tin-foil hat.

Why a new account??

Blasphemer.
Wallstreetatheist
Posts: 7,132
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/31/2012 9:47:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Name a person who hasn't been called a racist in the 2012 presidential race.
DRUG HARM: http://imgur.com...
Primal Diet. Lifting. Reading. Psychedelics. Cold-Approach Pickup. Music.