Warp Conspiracy Article Is Pure Trash

GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 12:57:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
http://warp.povusers.org...

There's a lot of smart people on this site so I was surprised to see that you all fell for the terribly flawed arguments and misrepresentations of the article. Ironic given what the article accuses. It's less credible than even the most futile theorists, I laugh at this fallacious nonsense. Here's a refutation:

"Most conspiracy theories don't make sense nor withstand any scrutiny."

False. They made that up.

"They usually involve operations so immense that it's basically impossible for them to be kept secret,"

Author does not understand anything. First of all, much of it is hidden in plain sight. The Illuminati stamped their logo on the dollar bill, wrote New World Order/New Order of the Ages, and put countless occult symbols and numerology on it.

Multiple world leaders have stood on podiums and in interviews openly called for a New World Order, most cases, by that exact name (George H. W. Bush, Bill Clinton, Gordon Brown, Henry Kissinger, Obama, Rockefeller, etc.)

Go to Borders and you can find Rockefeller in his Memoir admitting he had a global government plan for the world. Brzezinski is on record saying that a politically awakened population threatens his agenda.

But lets take Bilderberg Group for example. Conspiracy theorists knew it existed since the beginning, exposed it in great detail in the past decade, yet Rush Limbaugh a few years ago denied it even existed. But it's proven to exist. What's secret is the discussion that goes on in there. But, every so often the agenda is leaked.

The author complains that a conspiracy that big can't be kept secret. No fvcking sh!t, that's why the conspiracy theorists know. How stupid can the author be.

- There's multiple insiders who do reveal the secret, ex-CIA Victor Marchetti, Dr. Steve Pietzchenik (too many credentials to list, served under Kissinger, 4 Presidents, Defense Secretary, etc.), Leo Zagami, etc.

- As Alex Jones points out all the time, they think we're so stupid that they just come right out and admit a lot this stuff and say what theyre doing to us. Just look at all the leaders saying yes, we want NAFTA, yes we want Amero, yes we want global currency, yes we want global government, yes the population is too big we need to sterilize.

- Investigative journalists have already blown many secrets wide open. Bohemian Grove was infiltrated by Alex Jones and a couple other supporting journalists. Oh wait, I thought Bohemian Grove was a conspiracy too big to be kept secret. Thats right, and the secret is out and Alex Jones has it on film.

"and all the proof given by conspiracy theorists usually have a very simple explanation (usually much simpler than the explanation given by the theorists)"

So they claim.

"The so-called "bandwagon effect" is a psychological phenomenon where people are eager to believe things if most of the people around them believe that too."

Oh wait, I thought conspiracy theorists liked to be exclusive and have knowledge noone else has? Guess not, now theyre changing their story. Conspiracy theorists just wanna believe what everyone else believes. Too bad that if you take a strong stance against the Bilderberg Group, youre probably alone in that sentiment and you won't see anyone else sound you talking about it or even know what it is.

"The most typical form of appealing to the bandwagon effect is to say something along the lines of "30% of Americans doubt that..." or "30% of Americans don't believe the official story". This is also called an argumentum ad populum, which is a logical fallacy "

Alex Jones doesn't use that argument to prove claims, he only brings that up to demonstrate that more and more people are starting to wake up.

The article goes onto talk about strawmans, but uses the moon landing hoax theory, a strawman. Thats the most common theory that conspiracy critics cite when trying to refute the validity of conspiracy theories, but not one major conspiracy theorist with any substantial following posits the moon landing hoax.

David Icke, Alex Jones, Michael Tsarion, Jordan Maxwell, Jim Marrs, David Wilcock, Steve Quail, Webster Tarply, George Noory. None of them george in the Fake Moin Landing Hoax. Not one. Name me one famous conspiracist who believes that. Same with the Jewish conspiracy. No major conspiracy theorist believes or claims that.

You know what, I'm done with this article, I'm not even gonna go any further, I can't believe you fell for this nonsense.

"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 1:33:45 PM
At 8/2/2012 12:57:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:

"and all the proof given by conspiracy theorists usually have a very simple explanation (usually much simpler than the explanation given by the theorists)"

So they claim.

LOL come on, man.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 1:42:08 PM
At 8/2/2012 1:33:45 PM, Maikuru wrote:
At 8/2/2012 12:57:44 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
So they claim.

LOL come on, man.

They made a bare assertion, you can't deny that.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 2:21:27 PM
Okay, big deal. Since I don't like that stuff generically, their specific plan doesn't really matter. Like, regardless of whether any of what you claim to be true is actually true, I would oppose statism for the same reasons. Some of the stuff you list is just a tentative empirical confirmation that governments are biopolitical; but, since I already commit to that, the conspiracy stuff is minutiae.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 2:49:12 PM
Geo: Has there ever been a subject that you initially thought was a conspiracy, but you later retracted?

That's a serious question, btw.

I only ask because you seem to snub your nose at people who don't believe your views, labelling them as "sheep." The irony, of course, is that you seem to believe any and all conspiracy theories prima facia. Did it ever occur to you that maybe you're the one falling for the propaganda and the conspiracies (as in, Infowars is conspiring against you)?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/2/2012 4:36:08 PM
I'll be honest, after your critique, I side more with the article than with you.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...