Total Posts:50|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Taxes 101 for Ren

JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 3:55:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Tax return for Married Filing Joint with two kids.

http://www.irs.gov...

6d - 4 exemptions
37 - $30,000 (worst case scenario, no deductions)
40 - -$11,600 (worst case scenario, standard deduction)
42 - $3,700 * 4 = -$14,800 (exemptions)

43 - Taxable Income = 30000-11600-14800 = $3600 taxable income

Tax Table, Tax for $3600 = $363

http://www.irs.gov...

64a - Earned Income Credit(I'm just going to skip child tax credit and any other possible credits) = $3,373

Refund = $3010. So you're right, the tax estimator was wrong. It's more than $1600 refund.

Any questions Ren?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
YYW
Posts: 36,394
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:01:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 3:55:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Tax return for Married Filing Joint with two kids.

http://www.irs.gov...

6d - 4 exemptions
37 - $30,000 (worst case scenario, no deductions)
40 - -$11,600 (worst case scenario, standard deduction)
42 - $3,700 * 4 = -$14,800 (exemptions)

43 - Taxable Income = 30000-11600-14800 = $3600 taxable income

Tax Table, Tax for $3600 = $363

http://www.irs.gov...

64a - Earned Income Credit(I'm just going to skip child tax credit and any other possible credits) = $3,373

Refund = $3010. So you're right, the tax estimator was wrong. It's more than $1600 refund.

Any questions Ren?

Inferno goes after Ren and now JaxsonRaine... what a long list of adversaries Ren seems to have accumulated.

This becomes more and more enjoyable as time goes on!
Tsar of DDO
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:06:08 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 4:01:28 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/3/2012 3:55:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Tax return for Married Filing Joint with two kids.

http://www.irs.gov...

6d - 4 exemptions
37 - $30,000 (worst case scenario, no deductions)
40 - -$11,600 (worst case scenario, standard deduction)
42 - $3,700 * 4 = -$14,800 (exemptions)

43 - Taxable Income = 30000-11600-14800 = $3600 taxable income

Tax Table, Tax for $3600 = $363

http://www.irs.gov...

64a - Earned Income Credit(I'm just going to skip child tax credit and any other possible credits) = $3,373

Refund = $3010. So you're right, the tax estimator was wrong. It's more than $1600 refund.

Any questions Ren?

Inferno goes after Ren and now JaxsonRaine... what a long list of adversaries Ren seems to have accumulated.

This becomes more and more enjoyable as time goes on!

Because he's annoying as sh!t and overconfident. Let him get a taste of his own medicine
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:15:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 4:06:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:01:28 PM, YYW wrote:
At 8/3/2012 3:55:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Tax return for Married Filing Joint with two kids.

http://www.irs.gov...

6d - 4 exemptions
37 - $30,000 (worst case scenario, no deductions)
40 - -$11,600 (worst case scenario, standard deduction)
42 - $3,700 * 4 = -$14,800 (exemptions)

43 - Taxable Income = 30000-11600-14800 = $3600 taxable income

Tax Table, Tax for $3600 = $363

http://www.irs.gov...

64a - Earned Income Credit(I'm just going to skip child tax credit and any other possible credits) = $3,373

Refund = $3010. So you're right, the tax estimator was wrong. It's more than $1600 refund.

Any questions Ren?

Inferno goes after Ren and now JaxsonRaine... what a long list of adversaries Ren seems to have accumulated.

This becomes more and more enjoyable as time goes on!

Because he's annoying as sh!t and overconfident. Let him get a taste of his own medicine

This. He acts like he knows everything there is to know about taxes, but he doesn't know how Earned Income Credit works, or how much it can be. He also thinks that someone who makes $30k will pay 33% into taxes.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:25:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Tax return for a single person with no dependents.

Income
Wages: $21,711

Tax and Credits
Taxable Income: $12,211

Total Tax Liability: $1,409

Payments
Federal Income Tax: $2,517

Refund
Refund Amount: $1,108

Summary: I made $21,000 and was taxed $2,500. I was given $1,100 back in my refund, so I only paid $1,400 in taxes. I never had any money problems and was actually able to save money.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:32:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 3:55:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Tax return for Married Filing Joint with two kids.

http://www.irs.gov...

6d - 4 exemptions
37 - $30,000 (worst case scenario, no deductions)
40 - -$11,600 (worst case scenario, standard deduction)
42 - $3,700 * 4 = -$14,800 (exemptions)

43 - Taxable Income = 30000-11600-14800 = $3600 taxable income

Tax Table, Tax for $3600 = $363

http://www.irs.gov...

64a - Earned Income Credit(I'm just going to skip child tax credit and any other possible credits) = $3,373

Refund = $3010. So you're right, the tax estimator was wrong. It's more than $1600 refund.

Any questions Ren?

Yes.

First, you indicated that you were the only worker in that family, right?

Earned Income Tax Credit Rules for Everyone

To qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC, you and your spouse if married and filing a joint return, must meet all of the following rules:

Have a valid Social Security Number
Have earned income from employment, self-employment or another source

http://www.irs.gov...

Teach me, professor! How did you get by that one?

The rule is in place, because the Earned Income Credit was initially and primarily for single parents.

Damn, bro, why do you want to get raped in two threads? It's just embarassing.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:34:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 4:06:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
Because he's annoying as sh!t and overconfident. Let him get a taste of his own medicine

Lol, you don't want to know what people are saying about you.

And, funny, I don't even agree. I happen to rather appreciate your input, when you're not too busy crying because I embarrassed your silly asss.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 4:50:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 4:34:20 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:06:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
Because he's annoying as sh!t and overconfident. Let him get a taste of his own medicine

Lol, you don't want to know what people are saying about you.

And, funny, I don't even agree. I happen to rather appreciate your input, when you're not too busy crying because I embarrassed your silly asss.

I know what people say about me, and they've said it to my face on multiple occasions, and I definitely work on it. Everyone has some obnoxious traits. The difference lies between those who care enough to try and fix them, and those that don't.

Ren, you don't understand,....even slightly the severity of your behavior. You're not just "derisive", but you're unapologetically rude, cantankerous, and abusive. You can't have a discussion with anyone without using a snide and belittling tone. To cover up your own shortcomings you try finding flaws in other people to exploit whenever you're "attacked", because you can't handle criticism, nor can you handle being wrong (which you often are). I can't wait for the day you meet your match and really see how you act toward other people.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:10:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 4:50:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:34:20 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:06:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
Because he's annoying as sh!t and overconfident. Let him get a taste of his own medicine

Lol, you don't want to know what people are saying about you.

And, funny, I don't even agree. I happen to rather appreciate your input, when you're not too busy crying because I embarrassed your silly asss.

I know what people say about me, and they've said it to my face on multiple occasions, and I definitely work on it. Everyone has some obnoxious traits. The difference lies between those who care enough to try and fix them, and those that don't.

Ren, you don't understand,....even slightly the severity of your behavior. You're not just "derisive", but you're unapologetically rude, cantankerous, and abusive. You can't have a discussion with anyone without using a snide and belittling tone. To cover up your own shortcomings you try finding flaws in other people to exploit whenever you're "attacked", because you can't handle criticism, nor can you handle being wrong (which you often are). I can't wait for the day you meet your match and really see how you act toward other people.

Lol, first of all, I don't try to find flaws in anyone. I'm very accepting -- even of you, even in the face of your criticisms. I know, it must be extremely difficult to accept that you can't appeal to my emotions, but sorry, bro... you can't.

Moreover, lol, I'm cantankerous and abusive? Not so much that I'd follow people around to threads that don't concern me and arbitrarily attack them, as you just did.

Sorry, kid, but you're going to have to work on that plank in your eye before you go talking about splinters in mine. ^_^

Still love ya, though. You're a smart kid. ;)
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:11:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 4:50:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:34:20 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:06:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
Because he's annoying as sh!t and overconfident. Let him get a taste of his own medicine

Lol, you don't want to know what people are saying about you.

And, funny, I don't even agree. I happen to rather appreciate your input, when you're not too busy crying because I embarrassed your silly asss.

I know what people say about me, and they've said it to my face on multiple occasions, and I definitely work on it. Everyone has some obnoxious traits. The difference lies between those who care enough to try and fix them, and those that don't.

Ren, you don't understand,....even slightly the severity of your behavior. You're not just "derisive", but you're unapologetically rude, cantankerous, and abusive. You can't have a discussion with anyone without using a snide and belittling tone. To cover up your own shortcomings you try finding flaws in other people to exploit whenever you're "attacked", because you can't handle criticism, nor can you handle being wrong (which you often are). I can't wait for the day you meet your match and really see how you act toward other people.

This is why despite all or differences and heated disagreements I still like you ike.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:11:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
And btw, if you'll notice, people become hostile toward me invariably after I've embarrassed them when they thought their astounding intelligence could not be challenged.

You tender intellects amuse me. It's okay to be wrong, people.
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:12:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:11:28 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:50:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:34:20 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:06:08 PM, 000ike wrote:
Because he's annoying as sh!t and overconfident. Let him get a taste of his own medicine

Lol, you don't want to know what people are saying about you.

And, funny, I don't even agree. I happen to rather appreciate your input, when you're not too busy crying because I embarrassed your silly asss.

I know what people say about me, and they've said it to my face on multiple occasions, and I definitely work on it. Everyone has some obnoxious traits. The difference lies between those who care enough to try and fix them, and those that don't.

Ren, you don't understand,....even slightly the severity of your behavior. You're not just "derisive", but you're unapologetically rude, cantankerous, and abusive. You can't have a discussion with anyone without using a snide and belittling tone. To cover up your own shortcomings you try finding flaws in other people to exploit whenever you're "attacked", because you can't handle criticism, nor can you handle being wrong (which you often are). I can't wait for the day you meet your match and really see how you act toward other people.


This is why despite all our differences and heated disagreements I still like you ike.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:14:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 4:32:46 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 3:55:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Tax return for Married Filing Joint with two kids.

http://www.irs.gov...

6d - 4 exemptions
37 - $30,000 (worst case scenario, no deductions)
40 - -$11,600 (worst case scenario, standard deduction)
42 - $3,700 * 4 = -$14,800 (exemptions)

43 - Taxable Income = 30000-11600-14800 = $3600 taxable income

Tax Table, Tax for $3600 = $363

http://www.irs.gov...

64a - Earned Income Credit(I'm just going to skip child tax credit and any other possible credits) = $3,373

Refund = $3010. So you're right, the tax estimator was wrong. It's more than $1600 refund.

Any questions Ren?

Yes.

First, you indicated that you were the only worker in that family, right?

Earned Income Tax Credit Rules for Everyone

To qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC, you and your spouse if married and filing a joint return, must meet all of the following rules:

Have a valid Social Security Number
Have earned income from employment, self-employment or another source

http://www.irs.gov...

Teach me, professor! How did you get by that one?

The rule is in place, because the Earned Income Credit was initially and primarily for single parents.

Damn, bro, why do you want to get raped in two threads? It's just embarassing.

Ren, you are misunderstanding what they are saying. You have to have on your joint return, earned income. Both parties don't have to have income, you just don't qualify for EIC if you only have unearned income.

To clarify, let's look at the form instructions.
www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040.pdf

Page 45.

1. If, in 2011:
• 2 children lived with you, is the amount on Form 1040,
line 38, less than $40,964 ($46,044 if married filing
jointly)?
Yes. Continue - 30k is less than 46k.

2. Do you, and your spouse if filing a joint return, have a
social security number that allows you to work or is valid
for EIC purposes (explained later under Definitions and
Special Rules)?
Yes. Continue

3. Is your filing status married filing separately?
No. Continue

4 - No. Continue

5. No. Go to step 2.

Then you calculate the credit. There is no requirement that both parents work.

In case you don't believe me, try these:

http://apps.irs.gov...

http://apps.irs.gov...

Don't act like you know things that you don't know anything about. You admitted that you don't understand EIC. You said it caps at $1000, when it clearly doesn't.

A serious piece of advice. Learn to discuss, and accept new information. You'll learn a lot.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
MrBrooks
Posts: 831
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:17:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
This is why despite all or differences and heated disagreements I still like you ike.

This is a tender moment. I'm feeling the love in this topic, and it feels really good. Embrace it, don't stop believing in the goodness of your fellow DDOians. With the power of love, we shall overcome the negativity on this forum! God, I'm getting hard right now just thinking about it.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:17:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:11:52 PM, Ren wrote:
And btw, if you'll notice, people become hostile toward me invariably after I've embarrassed them when they thought their astounding intelligence could not be challenged.

You tender intellects amuse me. It's okay to be wrong, people.

Right...

Like when I show you that you are wrong about the price of gas, or the cost of an apartment, or the income limit to be in the top 1%, or the tax rate on 30k, or how many miles you will drive for commuting in a month, or(shall I go on?)
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
thett3
Posts: 14,378
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:18:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:17:21 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
This is why despite all or differences and heated disagreements I still like you ike.

This is a tender moment. I'm feeling the love in this topic, and it feels really good. Embrace it, don't stop believing in the goodness of your fellow DDOians. With the power of love, we shall overcome the negativity on this forum! God, I'm getting hard right now just thinking about it.

pics or it didnt happen ;)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:19:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:14:55 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:32:46 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 3:55:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Tax return for Married Filing Joint with two kids.

http://www.irs.gov...

6d - 4 exemptions
37 - $30,000 (worst case scenario, no deductions)
40 - -$11,600 (worst case scenario, standard deduction)
42 - $3,700 * 4 = -$14,800 (exemptions)

43 - Taxable Income = 30000-11600-14800 = $3600 taxable income

Tax Table, Tax for $3600 = $363

http://www.irs.gov...

64a - Earned Income Credit(I'm just going to skip child tax credit and any other possible credits) = $3,373

Refund = $3010. So you're right, the tax estimator was wrong. It's more than $1600 refund.

Any questions Ren?

Yes.

First, you indicated that you were the only worker in that family, right?

Earned Income Tax Credit Rules for Everyone

To qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC, you and your spouse if married and filing a joint return, must meet all of the following rules:

Have a valid Social Security Number
Have earned income from employment, self-employment or another source

http://www.irs.gov...

Teach me, professor! How did you get by that one?

The rule is in place, because the Earned Income Credit was initially and primarily for single parents.

Damn, bro, why do you want to get raped in two threads? It's just embarassing.

Ren, you are misunderstanding what they are saying. You have to have on your joint return, earned income. Both parties don't have to have income, you just don't qualify for EIC if you only have unearned income.

To clarify, let's look at the form instructions.
www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040.pdf

Page 45.

1. If, in 2011:
• 2 children lived with you, is the amount on Form 1040,
line 38, less than $40,964 ($46,044 if married filing
jointly)?
Yes. Continue - 30k is less than 46k.

2. Do you, and your spouse if filing a joint return, have a
social security number that allows you to work or is valid
for EIC purposes (explained later under Definitions and
Special Rules)?
Yes. Continue

3. Is your filing status married filing separately?
No. Continue

4 - No. Continue

5. No. Go to step 2.

Then you calculate the credit. There is no requirement that both parents work.

In case you don't believe me, try these:

http://apps.irs.gov...

http://apps.irs.gov...

Don't act like you know things that you don't know anything about. You admitted that you don't understand EIC. You said it caps at $1000, when it clearly doesn't.

A serious piece of advice. Learn to discuss, and accept new information. You'll learn a lot.

Lol, yes, it's a requirement for both. You both need a social. You think you can file your taxes as married filing jointly without your spouse's social?

You think you can even claim children without their social?

Then, you've never filed taxes.

Cut the shiit, Jaxson. It's obvious you're googling everything, rather than drawing from experience, in a tragic attempt to somehow "prove Ren wrong," as though that has any meaning (although I'm flattered that it clearly does to you).

Your arguments are like, 45 minutes apart.

Stop wasting all your time. I get it. You're a poor person. It does nothing for your initial argument regarding the rich getting richer, or the fact that the upper 1% holds the majority of this country's wealth, while the majority of this country earns it.

So, you can suck a cock and accept your inferiority.

Or, you can stop trying to hard to piss harder than someone, and actually engage real discourse.

Up to you, but you won't outsmart me, kid.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:22:31 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:17:28 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:11:52 PM, Ren wrote:
And btw, if you'll notice, people become hostile toward me invariably after I've embarrassed them when they thought their astounding intelligence could not be challenged.

You tender intellects amuse me. It's okay to be wrong, people.

Right...

Like when I show you that you are wrong about the price of gas, or the cost of an apartment, or the income limit to be in the top 1%, or the tax rate on 30k, or how many miles you will drive for commuting in a month, or(shall I go on?)

LOL.

Omg, because I admitted to petty inaccuracies that did nothing for the strength of either of our arguments?

That speaks volumes the little complex you're developing.

Stop while you're behind, Jaxson. All you're gonna end up doing is look back on this and hate yourself.
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:23:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Not to mention the fact that I was wrong about only one of the things you mentioned.

Lmfao @ you denying everything again because we're in a different thread.

Here, everyone can see how I've been bitchslapping you for themselves:

http://www.debate.org...
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:27:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:24:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Ren, for more assistance:

http://turbotax.intuit.com...

Try it out. Married filing joint, 2 dependents, 30k.

Jaxson, for more assistance: http://cdn.memegenerator.net....

Tax calculators are hypotheticals that do not include all required information when actually filing.

Booo.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:27:46 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:19:04 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:14:55 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/3/2012 4:32:46 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 3:55:04 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Tax return for Married Filing Joint with two kids.

http://www.irs.gov...

6d - 4 exemptions
37 - $30,000 (worst case scenario, no deductions)
40 - -$11,600 (worst case scenario, standard deduction)
42 - $3,700 * 4 = -$14,800 (exemptions)

43 - Taxable Income = 30000-11600-14800 = $3600 taxable income

Tax Table, Tax for $3600 = $363

http://www.irs.gov...

64a - Earned Income Credit(I'm just going to skip child tax credit and any other possible credits) = $3,373

Refund = $3010. So you're right, the tax estimator was wrong. It's more than $1600 refund.

Any questions Ren?

Yes.

First, you indicated that you were the only worker in that family, right?

Earned Income Tax Credit Rules for Everyone

To qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC, you and your spouse if married and filing a joint return, must meet all of the following rules:

Have a valid Social Security Number
Have earned income from employment, self-employment or another source

http://www.irs.gov...

Teach me, professor! How did you get by that one?

The rule is in place, because the Earned Income Credit was initially and primarily for single parents.

Damn, bro, why do you want to get raped in two threads? It's just embarassing.

Ren, you are misunderstanding what they are saying. You have to have on your joint return, earned income. Both parties don't have to have income, you just don't qualify for EIC if you only have unearned income.

To clarify, let's look at the form instructions.
www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/i1040.pdf

Page 45.

1. If, in 2011:
• 2 children lived with you, is the amount on Form 1040,
line 38, less than $40,964 ($46,044 if married filing
jointly)?
Yes. Continue - 30k is less than 46k.

2. Do you, and your spouse if filing a joint return, have a
social security number that allows you to work or is valid
for EIC purposes (explained later under Definitions and
Special Rules)?
Yes. Continue

3. Is your filing status married filing separately?
No. Continue

4 - No. Continue

5. No. Go to step 2.

Then you calculate the credit. There is no requirement that both parents work.

In case you don't believe me, try these:

http://apps.irs.gov...

http://apps.irs.gov...

Don't act like you know things that you don't know anything about. You admitted that you don't understand EIC. You said it caps at $1000, when it clearly doesn't.

A serious piece of advice. Learn to discuss, and accept new information. You'll learn a lot.

Lol, yes, it's a requirement for both. You both need a social. You think you can file your taxes as married filing jointly without your spouse's social?

You think you can even claim children without their social?

Then, you've never filed taxes.

You both need a social. However, the IRS doesn't differentiate between income by who earned it. Earned income is combined and treated as one figure. The only exception to this is anything dealing with an injured spouse. It's why the IRS can take your whole refund, even if you were the only one who worked, for a debt your wife has.

Cut the shiit, Jaxson. It's obvious you're googling everything, rather than drawing from experience, in a tragic attempt to somehow "prove Ren wrong," as though that has any meaning (although I'm flattered that it clearly does to you).

Your arguments are like, 45 minutes apart.

My arguments were like, 45 minutes apart!?!? OMG!@!!! NO WAY!!!

I mean, there's no way I could have, I don't know, left the computer to eat dinner.

Stop wasting all your time. I get it. You're a poor person. It does nothing for your initial argument regarding the rich getting richer, or the fact that the upper 1% holds the majority of this country's wealth, while the majority of this country earns it.

How about you address what I posted? I posted the INSTRUCTIONS FOR FORM 1040 There is no requirement that both spouses work. Go look at the EITC eligibility tool. There is no requirement that both spouses work.

So, you can suck a cock and accept your inferiority.

Or, you can stop trying to hard to piss harder than someone, and actually engage real discourse.

Up to you, but you won't outsmart me, kid.

Real discourse?

You're a complete moron. You disagree with the IRS's OWN INSTRUCTIONS
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:30:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:27:37 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:24:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Ren, for more assistance:

http://turbotax.intuit.com...

Try it out. Married filing joint, 2 dependents, 30k.

Jaxson, for more assistance: http://cdn.memegenerator.net....

Tax calculators are hypotheticals that do not include all required information when actually filing.

Booo.

Ren.

I worked through every step of the 1040 with you.

Show me where the mistake is. You can't. All you can do is cry because you're wrong.

So prove it Ren. Prove, using the 1040, 1040EIC, or i1040 where I went wrong.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:31:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:30:12 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:27:37 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:24:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Ren, for more assistance:

http://turbotax.intuit.com...

Try it out. Married filing joint, 2 dependents, 30k.

Jaxson, for more assistance: http://cdn.memegenerator.net....

Tax calculators are hypotheticals that do not include all required information when actually filing.

Booo.

Ren.

I worked through every step of the 1040 with you.

Show me where the mistake is. You can't. All you can do is cry because you're wrong.

So prove it Ren. Prove, using the 1040, 1040EIC, or i1040 where I went wrong.

At 8/3/2012 4:32:46 PM, Ren wrote:

Earned Income Tax Credit Rules for Everyone

To qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC, you and your spouse if married and filing a joint return, must meet all of the following rules:

Have a valid Social Security Number
Have earned income from employment, self-employment or another source

http://www.irs.gov...

Teach me, professor! How did you get by that one?

The rule is in place, because the Earned Income Credit was initially and primarily for single parents.

Damn, bro, why do you want to get raped in two threads? It's just embarassing.

^^^ irs.gov, bro.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:33:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:22:31 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:17:28 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:11:52 PM, Ren wrote:
And btw, if you'll notice, people become hostile toward me invariably after I've embarrassed them when they thought their astounding intelligence could not be challenged.

You tender intellects amuse me. It's okay to be wrong, people.

Right...

Like when I show you that you are wrong about the price of gas, or the cost of an apartment, or the income limit to be in the top 1%, or the tax rate on 30k, or how many miles you will drive for commuting in a month, or(shall I go on?)

LOL.

Omg, because I admitted to petty inaccuracies that did nothing for the strength of either of our arguments?

That speaks volumes the little complex you're developing.

Stop while you're behind, Jaxson. All you're gonna end up doing is look back on this and hate yourself.

I'm going to destroy you. Stupid wannabe know-it-alls like you who won't accept facts when they are shown should stay off the internet, and especially stay off of a debate forum.

Are you up for a debate on the subject?

Households with one working adult can qualify for EIC?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:34:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:27:46 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

You both need a social. However, the IRS doesn't differentiate between income by who earned it.

That's irrelevant. Both must have earned income.

My arguments were like, 45 minutes apart!?!? OMG!@!!! NO WAY!!!

I mean, there's no way I could have, I don't know, left the computer to eat dinner.

Lmfao, why would that take you 45 minutes? It was just a tiny bowl of Ramen as part of your $2.50 daily allotment. xD

How about you address what I posted? I posted the INSTRUCTIONS FOR FORM 1040 There is no requirement that both spouses work. Go look at the EITC eligibility tool. There is no requirement that both spouses work.

Are you serious right now? Where does the 1040 indicate eligibility requirements?

However, I linked you to the eligibility page (twice now) that show that it's required that both spouses work.

Real discourse?

You're a complete moron. You disagree with the IRS's OWN INSTRUCTIONS

Linked you to the IRS, kid.

Jaxson, it's okay to be wrong. Stop hugging your knees and rocking back and forth.
JaxsonRaine
Posts: 3,606
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:35:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:31:41 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:30:12 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:27:37 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/3/2012 5:24:26 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Ren, for more assistance:

http://turbotax.intuit.com...

Try it out. Married filing joint, 2 dependents, 30k.

Jaxson, for more assistance: http://cdn.memegenerator.net....

Tax calculators are hypotheticals that do not include all required information when actually filing.

Booo.

Ren.

I worked through every step of the 1040 with you.

Show me where the mistake is. You can't. All you can do is cry because you're wrong.

So prove it Ren. Prove, using the 1040, 1040EIC, or i1040 where I went wrong.

At 8/3/2012 4:32:46 PM, Ren wrote:

Earned Income Tax Credit Rules for Everyone

To qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC, you and your spouse if married and filing a joint return, must meet all of the following rules:

Have a valid Social Security Number
Have earned income from employment, self-employment or another source

http://www.irs.gov...

Teach me, professor! How did you get by that one?

The rule is in place, because the Earned Income Credit was initially and primarily for single parents.

Damn, bro, why do you want to get raped in two threads? It's just embarassing.

^^^ irs.gov, bro.

You are misinterpreting a page on the IRS site. I showed you the instructions on the tax forms that make it clear. A JOINT return means that all income is treated as one group.

So come at me. Show me where I went wrong. I went through the 1040 instructions step by step. I showed you the EIC estimator FROM THE IRS. I showed you the EIC eligibility page FROM THE IRS.

Will you debate me on it?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 5:35:53 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 8/3/2012 5:33:17 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

I'm going to destroy you. Stupid wannabe know-it-alls like you who won't accept facts when they are shown should stay off the internet, and especially stay off of a debate forum.

Are you up for a debate on the subject?

Households with one working adult can qualify for EIC?

Lmfao, don't break your keyboard or anything.

In any case, that's a deceptive statement. You cannot file married filing jointly with only one working spouse and qualify for EIC.

It says right there on the IRS webpage. It doesn't require a debate; I linked it.

Get over it. :\