Rent Prices - For Ren

JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 6:31:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Ren:
What the hell kind of 4-person family lives in an apartment worth $750/mo.? Let's imagine that you live in the cheapest area of the cheapest city of the cheapest state in the country. That is still a 1-bedroom apartment, idiot. Lolol. So, you, your wife, and your two kids all crammed yourself into one room every night?

Phoenix AZ
3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1140 sq.ft. $729
http://www.apartments.com...-|DabR56bnyVikOkO20qA/0l1S/3ipuZ7txk4Qi8wmKMh6bmrCcCsBYfJd0O50VNVIuSkElZ-|DufbnTwNcuty/fxj5pivNne94r4CcUE7ISigibLL8dKkIho-|Ndg5xr6onuGiE=&sid=a62d1d34-cfb6-4a9d-855b-f2e5d91ede7c&stype=CityStateOrZip&productId=P#media-floorplans

Salt Lake City UT
3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1000 sq. ft $750
http://saltlakecity.craigslist.org...

Atlanta GA
3 Bed, 2 Bath, 1320 sq. ft $731
http://www.apartments.com...-|Cm5fowbh8/1DcTObCAYyvhnWnjVyAvv3x3tN3u1JnqWUjOPazhv7NynFYC84-|DDf9ZZohQanVviZ4Kw7OJABSjPCDKt4V0Pt/SW0ZVIqY5LxUzeEOgIQL5zcyRRvIAuqwmqcWuY8Y8YdT7r1Pi6bJn7P-|GjUBR1DmPRUMYqcBxpYX5dpQqv-|&sid=e71f130a-35d0-4655-be0d-45222eee471b&stype=CityStateOrZip&productId=P

I could go for cheaper places, but Ren would complain about location or sq. footage.

JaxsonRaine - 3
Ren - 0
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 6:53:15 PM
I'm still trying to work out a way to monetize this contest. For a respectable fee would you consider inserting commercials into your Opening Posts?
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 7:00:49 PM
At 8/3/2012 6:53:15 PM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:
I'm still trying to work out a way to monetize this contest. For a respectable fee would you consider inserting commercials into your Opening Posts?

Lol. Define 'respectable'.

I only accept compensation in Planter's Honey-Roasted Cashews form.
DirkBergurk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/3/2012 10:20:06 PM
At 8/3/2012 6:31:06 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Atlanta GA

I would not consider that in Atlanta. More like in the countryside surrounding Atlanta. I can tell you for a fact, that an average place in the actual city of Atlanta costs much more for that size. I know because I have been watching prices for months.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 5:09:24 AM
At 8/3/2012 10:20:06 PM, DirkBergurk wrote:
Atlanta GA

I would not consider that in Atlanta. More like in the countryside surrounding Atlanta. I can tell you for a fact, that an average place in the actual city of Atlanta costs much more for that size. I know because I have been watching prices for months.

Lol.

That's embarrassing. xD
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 5:11:47 AM
At 8/3/2012 1:26:02 PM, Ren wrote:

You've shot down two: that one percenters make hundreds of millions per year, and that homes where you live specifically can't be rented for $750.

Otherwise, all you've done is make me laugh.

Hard.

^^^ so is that. xD

By how long does that precede these threads? Hours?

You're depressing.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 9:15:43 AM
At 8/4/2012 5:11:47 AM, Ren wrote:

You've shot down two: that one percenters make hundreds of millions per year, and that homes where you live specifically can't be rented for $750.

Hard.

^^^ so is that. xD

You're depressing.

Lol, someone proves you wrong and you don't even respond to the arguments but just make general ad homenim attacks on them.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 11:42:59 AM
At 8/3/2012 7:24:17 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Can you please stop cluttering the politics forum with your personal dispute? I get that you like to make a public spectacle of your ongoing argument over God knows what, but it's not very interesting after the first or second time.

I don't really know what's happening but at least they have the decency to keep it to the Politics forum and not DDO as almost anyone else would. This forum needs help, anyway.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:41:49 PM
At 8/4/2012 9:15:43 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Hard.

^^^ so is that. xD

You're depressing.

Lol, someone proves you wrong and you don't even respond to the arguments but just make general ad homenim attacks on them.

First of all, what is there to respond to if you've been proven wrong?

Secondly, this entire thread is essentially an ad hominem attack.

Lol.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 12:50:55 PM
However, I did indicate from where I derived the information... in the thread from which this originated.

But, these are like, petty grievances in response to my derisive commentary.

Don't forget, Jaxson. These were allll me laughing and making silly jokes about the fact that you claimed you stuffed your 4 person family in a $750 apartment or tiny house, or whatever (lmfao 1000 sq ft), and saved and lived easy on $30k a year.

I stopped taking you seriously there.

I wasn't feverishly rummaging through google trying to "prove you wrong" like you pathetically were. Taking 45 minutes to post ridiculous responses to give this groundbreaking support you researched just to prove that you had $2000 in expenses for a 4 person family per month.

Based esoterically on your taxes, which you exhaustively sifted through page after page, and gave me quotes and page numbers, to prove that the government considers you low income and that you got a tax return.

Don't you realize how fvcking retarded you are right now? I mean, you're making thread after thread, making yourself look stupider and stupider, for what? All I'm doing is reading your responses, laughing, and saying something sarcastic in response. Why?

Because you and I both know that you're not supporting a 4 person family on $30k a year and saving money, living easy.

That is absolutely absurd, and anyone who's supported themselves knows that.
Stephen_Hawkins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 1:16:57 PM
I think these kinds of posts should simply put no longer exist. They're irritating and clutter up the forums horrendously.
Give a man a fish, he'll eat for a day. Teach him how to be Gay, he'll positively influence the GDP.

Social Contract Theory debate: http://www.debate.org...
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:15:06 PM
Atlanta GA

First, the link broke, so how do you know where it is?

Secondly, it doesn't matter where it is. Ren first claimed that there are no apartments more than 1 bedroom anywhere in the US. I showed him apartments and houses in phoenix for less than that, so he changed his argument to 'Well, sure, out in the middle of the desert'... like Phoenix doesn't count for some reason.

Third: http://www.apartments.com...-|Cm5fowbh8/1DcTObCAYyvhnWnjVyAvv3x3tN3u1JnqWUjOPazhv7NynFYC84-|DADZEwuqIJS8XVtbBhMGMDuYwZsB4Z/n5-|v1Jyn8rGN6aE/f2zZTr9RvKcsrNS0YgOl45jYYieCiI43tl2e9L3GnoMixXaMMFxbpFR/AxsJa6IwH5fYrXDss22eZx6rHMA=&sid=c21b6cc1-1255-4def-923e-ac7b00143164&stype=CityStateOrZip&productId=P

If the link will work, that is definitely atlanta.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:16:15 PM
At 8/4/2012 5:09:24 AM, Ren wrote:
Atlanta GA

Lol.

That's embarrassing. xD

Why is that embarrassing? Because I"m showing you places all over the US that aren't 'in the middle of the desert'?

There are 3-bedroom apartments in the heart of Atlanta for 750 or under, the poster didn't even know where the apartment was, just made an assumption.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:17:57 PM

Hard.

^^^ so is that. xD

You're depressing.

Ren, notice how you changed your argument?

First, you couldn't find more than a 1 bedroom IN THE CHEAPEST PLACE IN THE US for $750 or less. I showed you apartments and homes in the Phoenix area. You changed your argument to 'sure, in the middle of the desert' and 'where you live'.

So now I'm showing you that there are 3 bedroom apartments for 750 or less all over the US.

Keep changing your goalposts, bro.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:18:35 PM
At 8/3/2012 7:24:17 PM, Cody_Franklin wrote:
Can you please stop cluttering the politics forum with your personal dispute? I get that you like to make a public spectacle of your ongoing argument over God knows what, but it's not very interesting after the first or second time.

Sorry Cody, Ren can't keep track if there is more than one topic per thread.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:19:43 PM
At 8/4/2012 12:41:49 PM, Ren wrote:
At 8/4/2012 9:15:43 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Hard.

^^^ so is that. xD

You're depressing.

First of all, what is there to respond to if you've been proven wrong?

Secondly, this entire thread is essentially an ad hominem attack.

Lol.

Ren, this thread proved you wrong again. You moved the goalposts, so I proved you wrong about that too.

It's not ad hominem, I'm just showing you that you are wrong. It's not just Phoenix where you can find 3 bedroom apartments for 750
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:25:27 PM
At 8/4/2012 12:50:55 PM, Ren wrote:
However, I did indicate from where I derived the information... in the thread from which this originated.

But, these are like, petty grievances in response to my derisive commentary.

I'm just taking your poor arguments one by one and shooting them down. Every time I prove you wrong, you just say 'Well, that was just a minor point'.

Don't forget, Jaxson. These were allll me laughing and making silly jokes about the fact that you claimed you stuffed your 4 person family in a $750 apartment or tiny house, or whatever (lmfao 1000 sq ft), and saved and lived easy on $30k a year.

Oh, now they were just silly jokes? Haha. Everything you get proved wrong about just turns into a joke...

What is 'stuffing' about having 4 people, especially when two of them are young, in 1300 sq. feet?

I stopped taking you seriously there.

It doesn't matter if you take me seriously. We lived on it. Nothing you say can change the past.

I wasn't feverishly rummaging through google trying to "prove you wrong" like you pathetically were. Taking 45 minutes to post ridiculous responses to give this groundbreaking support you researched just to prove that you had $2000 in expenses for a 4 person family per month.

Lol, Ren, I wasn't rummaging through Google. Your argument is that I didn't post for 45 minutes? So, if I'm arguing with you I have to be glued to the computer?

In case you forgot, I was the one who was right about EIC. You weren't, and you didn't know about it. You were the one who went searching for something to prove me wrong about it, and failed miserably.

Based esoterically on your taxes, which you exhaustively sifted through page after page, and gave me quotes and page numbers, to prove that the government considers you low income and that you got a tax return.

No, it was based on my experience. I knew that qualified for EIC. It's an important point because it changes what the monthly budget for my family was, compared to what you claimed it was.

I wasn't providing poor arguments. You asked me to walk through a 1040 with you, remember? I did. I went through each relevant step, and you still acted like a baby about it.

Don't you realize how fvcking retarded you are right now? I mean, you're making thread after thread, making yourself look stupider and stupider, for what? All I'm doing is reading your responses, laughing, and saying something sarcastic in response. Why?

Because you and I both know that you're not supporting a 4 person family on $30k a year and saving money, living easy.

I did support my family on that. You can't change reality by what you say. I made the thread about taxes and rent prices because that's part of the budget, which you didn't believe.

That is absolutely absurd, and anyone who's supported themselves knows that.

Why don't you show me how it's impossible for me to have done so?
DirkBergurk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 3:40:12 PM
At 8/4/2012 3:15:06 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
Atlanta GA

Secondly, it doesn't matter where it is. Ren first claimed that there are no apartments more than 1 bedroom anywhere in the US. I showed him apartments and houses in phoenix for less than that, so he changed his argument to 'Well, sure, out in the middle of the desert'... like Phoenix doesn't count for some reason.

Third: http://www.apartments.com...-|Cm5fowbh8/1DcTObCAYyvhnWnjVyAvv3x3tN3u1JnqWUjOPazhv7NynFYC84-|DADZEwuqIJS8XVtbBhMGMDuYwZsB4Z/n5-|v1Jyn8rGN6aE/f2zZTr9RvKcsrNS0YgOl45jYYieCiI43tl2e9L3GnoMixXaMMFxbpFR/AxsJa6IwH5fYrXDss22eZx6rHMA=&sid=c21b6cc1-1255-4def-923e-ac7b00143164&stype=CityStateOrZip&productId=P

First, it wasn't hard to paste the two parts of your URL together. In addition, I knew it wasn't in Atlanta, so you can assume I got it right.

Secondly, I don't care about your beef with Ren. I am just clearing up facts since I know the area quite well.

Third, the price on that apartment varies from 740-900. Unlikely you will get 750 or less. Also, I said average apartment. If you knew anything about Atlanta, you would not want to live in that area. Google some reviews on that place. Gross. Also, enjoy the train station across the street.

I will give you credit for finding something lower class that you might be able to snag for $750 inside the perimeter. Now see if you can find one above I-20.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 6:18:40 PM
At 8/4/2012 3:40:12 PM, DirkBergurk wrote:
Atlanta GA

First, it wasn't hard to paste the two parts of your URL together. In addition, I knew it wasn't in Atlanta, so you can assume I got it right.

Secondly, I don't care about your beef with Ren. I am just clearing up facts since I know the area quite well.

The whole topic is whether or not you can find more than 1 bedroom apartments for $750 or less. There is no criteria for proximity to the city center. I put Atlanta because that's the address. There's no problem with it.

Third, the price on that apartment varies from 740-900. Unlikely you will get 750 or less. Also, I said average apartment. If you knew anything about Atlanta, you would not want to live in that area. Google some reviews on that place. Gross. Also, enjoy the train station across the street.

Yes, but there are apartments there for $750 or under. I just picked one close to center. Again, I'm not saying anything about proximity or quality, just that they exist.

I will give you credit for finding something lower class that you might be able to snag for $750 inside the perimeter. Now see if you can find one above I-20.

You're trying to create an argument that I'm not interested in. I never claimed you can find a high quality 3-bedroom apartment for $750 or under anywhere in the US.

You're just picking a beef with something you seem to think I'm saying, but i"m not.
DirkBergurk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 10:27:26 PM
At 8/4/2012 6:18:40 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
At 8/4/2012 3:40:12 PM, DirkBergurk wrote:
Atlanta GA

The whole topic is whether or not you can find more than 1 bedroom apartments for $750 or less. There is no criteria for proximity to the city center. I put Atlanta because that's the address. There's no problem with it.

The OP gave me the impression you could easily find reasonable places to live in the city for $750 or less. I didn't think that is the case, so I tried to state otherwise.

If you don't want there to be confusion then maybe next time you shouldn't create new topics where readers aren't able to see the whole discussion.

Yes, but there are apartments there for $750 or under. I just picked one close to center. Again, I'm not saying anything about proximity or quality, just that they exist.

Ok

You're trying to create an argument that I'm not interested in. I never claimed you can find a high quality 3-bedroom apartment for $750 or under anywhere in the US.

You're just picking a beef with something you seem to think I'm saying, but i"m not.

So keep your beefs in the topics where they started.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/4/2012 10:30:28 PM
At 8/4/2012 10:27:26 PM, DirkBergurk wrote:
So keep your beefs in the topics where they started.

You know what? I made 3 threads. Big freaking deal. I only did it because Ren showed he wasn't able to multi-think.