ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 2:15:39 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Romney up 49% to 44% in North Carolina
Romney up 51% to 35% (11% undecided) in Indiana

Courtesy of Rasmussen - the only polling institute not linked with a liberal media outlet.

National tracking poll:

Romney 45%
Obama 47%

But Romney appears to be up big in former Obama states yet the media isn't covering that with fervor like they covered the Obama up 11% in Penn story.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 2:19:11 PM
N.C. and Indiana were big surprises in 2008. I agree that the media has a liberal bias, but these states are nowhere near as up in the air as Obamas team probably hopes. It's extremely unlikely that he'll carry either of them, so obviously less media attention is gonna be devoted to polling in those states
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 3:03:54 PM
At 8/6/2012 2:15:39 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

Courtesy of Rasmussen - the only polling institute not linked with a liberal media outlet.

National tracking poll:

Romney 45%
Obama 47%

But Romney appears to be up big in former Obama states yet the media isn't covering that with fervor like they covered the Obama up 11% in Penn story.

Is "not being liberal" really the credibility test that we want to be adhering to?
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 5:16:02 PM
At 8/6/2012 3:03:54 PM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:

National tracking poll:

Romney 45%
Obama 47%

Is "not being liberal" really the credibility test that we want to be adhering to?

Yes. Actually. I hate the bias. Rasmussen is unbiased.
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:07:52 PM
At 8/6/2012 5:16:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

National tracking poll:

Romney 45%
Obama 47%

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, according to a cursory Google search, Rasmussen isn't great (ie: either inaccurate or biased).
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 6:08:41 PM
At 8/6/2012 6:07:52 PM, NixonianVolkswagen wrote:
At 8/6/2012 5:16:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

National tracking poll:

Romney 45%
Obama 47%

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, according to a cursory Google search, Rasmussen isn't great (ie: either inaccurate or biased).

I should add that it's not the figures per se that I'm querying, I think they're similar to Gallup's last.

JamesMadison
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 7:36:56 PM
You're right.

But, let me add to this.

Quinnipiac, CBS, and the NY times all came together to release three polls the other day.

They showed Obama up 11 in PA, up 6 in FL, and up 6 in OH.

Now, I do not question the credibility of Quinippiac, but this was a bad batch of polls (possibly because of the NY times...)

In PA, even the left wing PPP showed Obama up by only 6... other institutes had it more like 3 or 4.

In FL, most places had it a basic tie or a slight Romney lead.

In OH, this poll was closer to other polls, but still more pro Obama.

So, for some reason, this batch of polls was very biased towards Obama. THey should not be taken seriously... or at least taken with a large grain of salt.
As a general rule, you'll find that, when a conservative is talking about policy, history, economics, or something serious, liberals are nowhere to be found. But, as soon as a conservative mentions Obama's birthplace or personal life, liberals are everywhere, only to dissappear again when evidence enters the discussion.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:36:45 PM
What is this thread even about? Selecting one poll from one pollster from one date all because no other polls give the data you want.

RCP has Obama up by 3.4%.
Freakin' Rassmussen, the so called "only objective non-liberal...blah blah" has Obama up by 2%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...
Sapere Aude!
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 1:00:42 AM
At 8/6/2012 8:36:45 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
What is this thread even about? Selecting one poll from one pollster from one date all because no other polls give the data you want.

RCP has Obama up by 3.4%.
Freakin' Rassmussen, the so called "only objective non-liberal...blah blah" has Obama up by 2%.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com...

RCP has the drag of the overly liberal polls on it.

The point of this thread was that as soon as Obama is up big it's headline news.

When Romney is up big... nothing.