Jump to topic:

Proof that Romney is Slime

HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:30:11 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Obama wants to extend early voting rights to all Ohioans. Romney claims that he is trying to deprive servicemen of the ability to vote early. He is either dumb or is a liar.

http://news.yahoo.com...

All of my fellow conservatives should join with me and vote Obama over Romney.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:32:16 PM
At 8/6/2012 8:30:11 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Obama wants to extend early voting rights to all Ohioans. Romney claims that he is trying to deprive servicemen of the ability to vote early. He is either dumb or is a liar.

Campaign tactics, unfortunately.

Hardly a reason to change who you are voting for. Do you want a territorial tax system? Do you want a competitive corporate tax rate? Do you want unemployment to be below 8%?
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:40:48 PM
Besides I don't know enough about the law or the laws concerning it, but who states allow early voting privileged for seems to be the business of the state, not the federal government.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:47:55 PM
At 8/6/2012 8:32:16 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Hardly a reason to change who you are voting for.
Restricting voter freedom and selectively allowing categories of people that support you to vote, but no one else is a big reason. Funny how you, who gets outraged at every step Obama takes, doesn't give half a sh*t about trashing voting rights.
Do you want a territorial tax system? Do you want a competitive corporate tax rate?
Yes. I like Obama's plan to cut it down to 28%.
Do you want unemployment to be below 8%?
Yes. Which is why I would never vote for Romney, who was 48th in the nation in job creation as governor.
Sapere Aude!
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:48:52 PM
At 8/6/2012 8:40:48 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
Besides I don't know enough about the law or the laws concerning it, but who states allow early voting privileged for seems to be the business of the state, not the federal government.

The Obama campaign is suing at the state level. You have no point.
Sapere Aude!
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:48:56 PM

Hardly a reason to change who you are voting for. Do you want a territorial tax system? Do you want a competitive corporate tax rate? Do you want unemployment to be below 8%?

You once told me that if the corporate tax rate was cut to 25% it would create a million jobs. Do you have proof of that?
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:49:22 PM
Lol lesser-of-two-evils BS.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:53:40 PM
At 8/6/2012 8:47:55 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Restricting voter freedom and selectively allowing categories of people that support you to vote, but no one else is a big reason. Funny how you, who gets outraged at every step Obama takes, doesn't give half a sh*t about trashing voting rights.

I dont know anything about the law, or the lawsuit. Until I do, I won't have a strong opinion about it either way.

Do you want a territorial tax system? Do you want a competitive corporate tax rate?

28% with closed loopholes would effectively raise taxes.

And still no territorial system.

Yes. Which is why I would never vote for Romney, who was 48th in the nation in job creation as governor.

1 - It was worse before him.
2 - Who is responsible for job creation?
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:54:38 PM
At 8/6/2012 8:48:56 PM, Contra wrote:

You once told me that if the corporate tax rate was cut to 25% it would create a million jobs. Do you have proof of that?

I did?
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 8:57:50 PM

No one actually wants Shmitt Romney to be president, not even Republicans. He has the crooked, incriminating look of Nixon.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:00:32 PM
At 8/6/2012 8:53:40 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

I dont know anything about the law, or the lawsuit. Until I do, I won't have a strong opinion about it either way.
Bullsh*t. You know it looks bad for Romney and so won't say anything about it.

Yes...and? We have the lowest effective tax rate in 4 decades under Obama. I don't give a crap if businesses don't like incredibly low taxes. We have this thing called debt that we're in. And while it's nice that Republicans have this little fantasy world they live in where you can cut revenue and still decrease the deficit, but reality says otherwise. And if Romney wants to ignore the reality (as he does on countless other issues), I won't support him.

And worse for the other 47 governors. But somehow they managed to better than him.
State business climates, mostly. To an extent, the federales, too. But looking at the US as a closed system, comparing state-by-state growth, Romney failed completely. There is no indication that he can do any better when he has millions more to govern.
Sapere Aude!
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:00:48 PM

You are not a conservative, stop pretending; nobody is falling for it.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:02:17 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:00:48 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

You're in denial that rational conservatives are capable of looking at the options and objectively seeing Obama as superior.
Sapere Aude!
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:08:31 PM
You're in denial that rational conservatives are capable of looking at the options and objectively seeing Obama as superior.

Obama has nearly tripled our debt since he entered office. He has lied to the American people, and expanded the welfare state more than any president before him. He has assassinated American citizens, made it legal to hold them in detention indefinitely, and continued the Afghan war despite promising to end it. Any rational conservative would either vote for Romney, vote for Johnson, or not vote at all.

Romney isn't a great candidate, but at least he has conservative rhetoric; Obama has neither the rhetoric or the record. Objectively Romney is the better choice for conservatives.
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:08:48 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:02:17 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Lol I needed a laugh.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:10:10 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:08:48 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 8/6/2012 9:02:17 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Lol I needed a laugh.

I was debating whether or not I wanted to make fun of him for saying something stupid, or actually refute his statement. I think I'll just add his post to my newly created WALL OF SHAME.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:16:56 PM
I am voting for Obama based on character. Romney is a liar, and I'm not voting for rhetoric that promises things that I won't get.

This isn't original. 5% of McCain supporters are switching to Obama. Just because I dislike Romney does not mean I am pretending to be conservative.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:19:26 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:16:56 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
I am voting for Obama based on character. Romney is a liar, and I'm not voting for rhetoric that promises things that I won't get.

This isn't original. 5% of McCain supporters are switching to Obama. Just because I dislike Romney does not mean I am pretending to be conservative.

Look, I understand what you're trying to do. You're pretending to be a conservative and supporting Obama, because you want people to be all like, "wow man, if this conservative supports Obama, he must be legit and Romney must be really bad."

That might work for you with the average misinformed voter, but people around here aren't going to fall for that nonsense. Stop insulting the intelligence of the people on DDO and just admit that you aren't a conservative.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:22:15 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:19:26 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/6/2012 9:16:56 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:

Look, I understand what you're trying to do. You're pretending to be a conservative and supporting Obama, because you want people to be all like, "wow man, if this conservative supports Obama, he must be legit and Romney must be really bad."

That might work for you with the average misinformed voter, but people around here aren't going to fall for that nonsense. Stop insulting the intelligence of the people on DDO and just admit that you aren't a conservative.

I don't have an agenda behind this. Look at my debates; I'm a conservative. Just because I, like 5% of previous McCain supporters, now support Obama does not mean I am not conservative. I am voting based on character, as are other individuals. Nobody else had a problem with my story. Only you did because you can't stand that some of us hate him.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:23:07 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:08:31 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

Obama has nearly tripled our debt since he entered office. He has lied to the American people, and expanded the welfare state more than any president before him. He has assassinated American citizens, made it legal to hold them in detention indefinitely, and continued the Afghan war despite promising to end it. Any rational conservative would either vote for Romney, vote for Johnson, or not vote at all.

Romney isn't a great candidate, but at least he has conservative rhetoric; Obama has neither the rhetoric or the record. Objectively Romney is the better choice for conservatives.

Yeah, because Romney will be better,...If anything he'll be worse in those respects. He has absolutely no common sense when it comes to foreign policy.... like an elephant in a china store.

If you hate Obama so much, then stay home election day. I can't fathom people actually trying to put that spineless man in charge of this country.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:28:28 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:00:32 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 8/6/2012 8:53:40 PM, JaxsonRaine wrote:

Bullsh*t. You know it looks bad for Romney and so won't say anything about it.

No. I literally know nothing about the law or the lawsuit. I haven't read either one, and I generally withhold judgement until I read the primary source. All too often the media will throw something around, which is completely untrue, and never retract it.

If you want to save me some time, can you get me links to the law and the lawsuit?

Yes...and? We have the lowest effective tax rate in 4 decades under Obama. I don't give a crap if businesses don't like incredibly low taxes. We have this thing called debt that we're in. And while it's nice that Republicans have this little fantasy world they live in where you can cut revenue and still decrease the deficit, but reality says otherwise. And if Romney wants to ignore the reality (as he does on countless other issues), I won't support him.

What? Obama hasn't lowered corporate tax rates... we still have one of the highest, or the highest(it depends on the industry) effective corporate tax rates in the world.

Do you want a territorial system, or do you like encouraging multinational corporations to keep their profits overseas?

And worse for the other 47 governors. But somehow they managed to better than him.

No, the state was ranked worse before Romney got in, IIRC. It was also ranked better than that by the time he left, IIRC.

State business climates, mostly. To an extent, the federales, too. But looking at the US as a closed system, comparing state-by-state growth, Romney failed completely. There is no indication that he can do any better when he has millions more to govern.

There is usually a terrible inconsistency on this subject. D's will praise the D POTUS for job creation, and give no credit to R governors. When job creation is bad, they wil blame the R governors, and say the D POTUS doesn't really have that much to do with it. The same thing happens on the other side of the aisle.

Politifact expresses the opinion, backed by several sources, that governors only have a very limited impact on job creation. Much more is due to the state legislature, congress, and the POTUS.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:29:12 PM
I don't have an agenda behind this. Look at my debates; I'm a conservative. Just because I, like 5% of previous McCain supporters, now support Obama does not mean I am not conservative. I am voting based on character, as are other individuals. Nobody else had a problem with my story. Only you did because you can't stand that some of us hate him.

So you honestly think that supporting torture, interventionist wars, and protectionism makes you a conservative? That makes you a neo-conservative at best, which are conservatives in name only. I can see why you are okay with Obama; you're all about authoritarianism.

I also laugh at the idea that you're voting on character, because Obama has been dishonest from day one. You're going to support him, because A) you are an authoritarian, not a conservative, and b) he gives nice speeches. I'm not a big fan of Romney either, but I'm not going to base my vote on how well the guy can give a speech.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:30:04 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:24:59 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Also, I am not a libertarian conservative. I am a Founding-Father style civic republican.

The founding fathers wouldn't dream of supporting some of the things you support.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:31:14 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:29:12 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

So you honestly think that supporting torture, interventionist wars, and protectionism makes you a conservative? That makes you a neo-conservative at best, which are conservatives in name only. I can see why you are okay with Obama; you're all about authoritarianism.

I also laugh at the idea that you're voting on character, because Obama has been dishonest from day one. You're going to support him, because A) you are an authoritarian, not a conservative, and b) he gives nice speeches. I'm not a big fan of Romney either, but I'm not going to base my vote on how well the guy can give a speech.

I'm not an "authoritarian"; I am a civic republican. There's a huge difference between hogwash conservatism and the republicanism of the Framers.
HelterSkelter
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:32:25 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:30:04 PM, MrBrooks wrote:
At 8/6/2012 9:24:59 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
Also, I am not a libertarian conservative. I am a Founding-Father style civic republican.

The founding fathers wouldn't dream of supporting some of the things you support.

LOL, they were "authoritarians" too. That's why they put down Shay's Rebellion, killed native americans, and owned slaves
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:32:43 PM
At 8/6/2012 9:29:12 PM, MrBrooks wrote:

and Romney's not an authoritarian. Dude, you're deeply engrossed in party politics, and there's some form of hypocrisy within every charge you hold against this president. You argue not from principle, but political fanaticism. If you really believed in any of what you're saying Mitt Romney and Obama would be twins, one having a much less slimy personality.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:37:41 PM
LOL, they were "authoritarians" too. That's why they put down Shay's Rebellion, killed native americans, and owned slaves

Nice straw men you got there.
MrBrooks
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 9:43:26 PM
and Romney's not an authoritarian. Dude, you're deeply engrossed in party politics, and there's some form of hypocrisy within every charge you hold against this president. You argue not from principle, but political fanaticism. If you really believed in any of what you're saying Mitt Romney and Obama would be twins, one having a much less slimy personality.

I'm not voting for Romney, I'm voting for Gary Johnson. Let's say for the sake of argument that they are identical, and that they both believe in the same thing. Even if that were true, I'd still prefer Romney over Obama, because we have to send a clear message to politicians that we are not okay with things Obama has done.

If we give Obama a second term we are consenting to four more years of the same thing, only this time he doesn't have to worry about reelection. If we vote for Romney we'll be putting a new politician into the White House, one that has to worry about reelection and one that has been delivered a clear message.

If it were reversed and the Democrat were identical to the Republican, and the Republican were the incumbent, I would prefer the Democrat win based on the same principal.