Jump to topic:

Apollo

RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:05:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
"The company reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion, and said $5.1 billion of the total came from its operations in the United States.

Its American tax bill? None. In fact, G.E. claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion." http://www.nytimes.com...

Tax deductions are rewards for behavior in accordance with the priorities of the state. donating to charity is deemed good, so it's deductible. Mortgages are good, so they are deductible. There are 3600 types of deductions, each designed to reward a behavior.

So when GE pays no taxes, that means they have achieved perfection in complying with government-preferred behavior.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:34:46 PM
GE IS EVIL! THEY ARE THE DEVIL INCARNATE WHO WANT THE POOR TO STARVE AND THEY'RE TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD WITH THEIR UNGODLY WEALTH.

THEY ARE A DISGRACE TO AMERICA. THERE ARE PEOPLE WORKING 63 JOBS WITH 7 KIDS WHO ARE PAYING MORE TAXES THAN GE.

ALSKJFDLKASJLDFKAJSL;DKFJALKDSJFLASKDJFLAKSJFLKASJF

)

right?
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:35:50 PM
@CP. I don't know. I've ever even posted the letters "GE" on DDO. I'm still wondering
1. what this thread is about
2. why it is a separate thread.
Sapere Aude!
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:37:44 PM
At 8/6/2012 11:35:50 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
@CP. I don't know. I've ever even posted the letters "GE" on DDO. I'm still wondering

I wasn't impersonating you. I was impersonating liberals in general.

I don't know where this stems from either.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:47:31 PM
At 8/6/2012 11:37:44 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

LOOK ET ME!!! I'M A RAPOOBLICUN AN I LEK MAH GUNS AN BABLE!!! JEZUS AND REAGUN!!! EVOLUTIMACATION IS EVIL!!!! CIENCE IS SATAN!!!!!

We can both do it. Doesn't make it reality.
Sapere Aude!
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:47:40 PM
At 8/6/2012 11:05:48 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
"The company reported worldwide profits of $14.2 billion, and said $5.1 billion of the total came from its operations in the United States.

Its American tax bill? None. In fact, G.E. claimed a tax benefit of $3.2 billion." http://www.nytimes.com...

Tax deductions are rewards for behavior in accordance with the priorities of the state. donating to charity is deemed good, so it's deductible. Mortgages are good, so they are deductible. There are 3600 types of deductions, each designed to reward a behavior.

So when GE pays no taxes, that means they have achieved perfection in complying with government-preferred behavior.

See, this is exactly why people shouldn't believe everything the media tells them.

Roy, that article has been debunked fully. It was based on a non-tax report, before GE filed taxes. The figure reported wasn't their tax refund, and GE ended up paying taxes.

The exact figure isn't reported, but GE lists something like 17% tax rate for the year.
twocupcakes: 15 = 13
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:50:02 PM

Apollo, the reason(if you could just answer a question, instead of being a smart$ss) was to show you why believing what you read in the media isn't a good idea.

Even though I have clarified this fact half a dozen times on DDO, people still think GE got a tax refund, because the fvcking retarded media is retarded.

I mean, if you read it in the NY Times, it must be true, right?

The whole point is to show you why I don't go crazy over a law and a lawsuit when a news agency says 'this is voter discrimination'. I go to the source to find out the truth.
ConservativePolitico
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:51:49 PM
At 8/6/2012 11:47:31 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 8/6/2012 11:37:44 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:

LOOK ET ME!!! I'M A RAPOOBLICUN AN I LEK MAH GUNS AN BABLE!!! JEZUS AND REAGUN!!! EVOLUTIMACATION IS EVIL!!!! CIENCE IS SATAN!!!!!

We can both do it. Doesn't make it reality.

Still makes it fun aha
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:53:40 PM
I understand now...

You assume I hold a position that I a) don't b) is irrelevant and c) is one you like to ridicule.

You then, assuming with no proof whatsoever that I even hold said position, are attempting to mock me for holding beliefs simply because the media tells me to...

You then use said logic to justify how you are much smarter and more thorough than me in terms of factual beliefs based on things that you haven't proven to be true.

Thanks for clarifying...
Sapere Aude!
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 12:11:54 AM
At 8/6/2012 11:53:40 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
I understand now...

You assume I hold a position that I a) don't b) is irrelevant and c) is one you like to ridicule.

A: You never answered the question. I didn't assume, I just asked.
B: It is relevant, as you criticized me for not making an instant judgement based off a media repot
C: I don't like to ridicule, I like to inform. I'm proud to say that 5 people have learned that GE paid taxes, and have learned where to find that kind of information by themselves, in discussing the matter with me.

You then, assuming with no proof whatsoever that I even hold said position, are attempting to mock me for holding beliefs simply because the media tells me to...

I'm not attempting to mock you. I'm attempting to show you why I didn't make a snap judgement about Romney and voter rights. You criticized me in that thread, and then acted like a smart@ss in ths thread. I'm here for discussion.

You then use said logic to justify how you are much smarter and more thorough than me in terms of factual beliefs based on things that you haven't proven to be true.

Thanks for clarifying...

Really, I claimed to be smarter and more thorough than you? Can you please show me where? Quote plox.
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 12:24:03 AM
At 8/7/2012 12:11:54 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I understand now...

You assumed my answer.
B: It is relevant, as you criticized me for not making an instant judgement based off a media repot
No. I criticized you for the obvious double standard on when you do and don't make judgements based off media reports.
C: I don't like to ridicule, I like to inform. I'm proud to say that 5 people have learned that GE paid taxes, and have learned where to find that kind of information by themselves, in discussing the matter with me.
Inform? Again, you assumed my position based on what you think my political ideology is. What was that you were saying about snap judgements again?

I'm not attempting to mock you. I'm attempting to show you why I didn't make a snap judgement about Romney and voter rights. You criticized me in that thread, and then acted like a smart@ss in ths thread. I'm here for discussion.
I'm not beings smarta**. I'm wondering why you are snapping to judgements so quickly about what I believe. If I wanted to be a smarta**, I would make a thread called "JaxsonRaine" "informing" you about how Obama was indeed not a Muslim Kenyan agent.

Thanks for clarifying...

Really, I claimed to be smarter and more thorough than you? Can you please show me where? Quote plox.
That's the implication.
Sapere Aude!
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 12:33:08 AM
At 8/7/2012 12:24:03 AM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 8/7/2012 12:11:54 AM, JaxsonRaine wrote:
I understand now...

You assumed my answer.

No, I picked a likely topic that would demonstrate the results. I could have used something else if needed. I asked, because I needed to see your response(it didn't work, because you didn't answer) to demonstrate my point.

No. I criticized you for the obvious double standard on when you do and don't make judgements based off media reports.

Ok, prove it.

Show me where I criticized (I'm assuming Obama), over some lawsuit relating to a law, before having read either. I'm waiting.

How have I shown a double standard?

Inform? Again, you assumed my position based on what you think my political ideology is. What was that you were saying about snap judgements again?

Again, I didn't assume. I just picked a topic that is commonly misunderstood, from my own experience. I asked the question to find out your answer... that's kind of the point of asking. Assuming would be if I said 'You probably believe that GE paid no taxes, and got a refund last year... but they didn't'.

But I didn't do that. I asked. Asking = assuming now?

I'm not beings smarta**. I'm wondering why you are snapping to judgements so quickly about what I believe. If I wanted to be a smarta**, I would make a thread called "JaxsonRaine" "informing" you about how Obama was indeed not a Muslim Kenyan agent.

Your first response wasn't being a smart@ss? Then what was it?

Again, again(again), I wasn't assuming. I was asking so that I could know your position.

Thanks for clarifying...

That's the implication.

Ok, let me get this straight. I never said I'm smarter than you or more thorough than you. I didn't assume anything, but I asked you a question to see what your stance was.

So you criticize me for assuming(instead of.. I don't know, maybe asking to find out) what you thought about something. And while criticizing me, you assume that I was implying that I'm smarter than you?

Lol.
JaxsonRaine
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 12:43:15 AM
At 8/7/2012 12:42:28 AM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
There are flamewars EVERYWHERE!

Here, I'll get you started. Have a lighter.
NixonianVolkswagen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 5:40:50 AM
At 8/6/2012 11:05:48 PM, RoyLatham wrote:

I don't mean to be offensive (said the lynchmob member to the Civil Rights activist), but isn't this slightly disingenuous? I mean, disapproving of Obama et al, and then going on to suggest that "government-preferred behavior" is an acceptable standard?
"There is an almost universal tendency, perhaps an inborn tendency, to suspect the good faith of a man who holds opinions that differ from our own opinions."

- Karl "Spartacus" Popper