Jump to topic:

Romney vs. Obama campaign strategy

Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:14:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I was recently in a conversation with my grandmother and realized how woefully ignorant I was in matters of presidential politics. What exactly are the platforms these men are running on? In your guys' opinions what are the pros and cons of either candidate?
Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:16:21 PM
Yes yes, shame on me for sticking my head in the ground. I have a general gist of policy regarding medicare, housing development and trickle-down economics, but specifically in a point to point comparison, I was wondering how these men compared.
Contra
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:20:22 PM
At 8/6/2012 11:14:18 PM, Axiom wrote:
I was recently in a conversation with my grandmother and realized how woefully ignorant I was in matters of presidential politics. What exactly are the platforms these men are running on? In your guys' opinions what are the pros and cons of either candidate?

Obama wants to renew equal opportunity so all Americans can fulfill their dreams and enjoy America's promise, and to simplify taxes.

Romney wants to cut taxes on the wealthy to create new growth. Also, Romney wants to increase America's military budget, and repeal Obama's health care law and replace it possibly with expanded health savings accounts or the current private insurance industry.

I am being nonpartisan here.
"The solution [for Republicans] is to admit that Bush was a bad president, stop this racist homophobic stuff, stop trying to give most of the tax cuts to the rich, propose a real alternative to Obamacare that actually works, and propose smart free market solutions to our economic problems." - Distraff

"Americans are better off in a dynamic, free-enterprise-based economy that fosters economic growth, opportunity and upward mobility." - Paul Ryan
Axiom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/6/2012 11:21:46 PM
At 8/6/2012 11:20:22 PM, Contra wrote:
At 8/6/2012 11:14:18 PM, Axiom wrote:

Obama wants to renew equal opportunity so all Americans can fulfill their dreams and enjoy America's promise, and to simplify taxes.

Romney wants to cut taxes on the wealthy to create new growth. Also, Romney wants to increase America's military budget, and repeal Obama's health care law and replace it possibly with expanded health savings accounts or the current private insurance industry.

I am being nonpartisan here.

Excellent. Thanks.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/7/2012 10:32:31 PM
Basic strategy for all large elections are currently broken into four wings. It should only be three wings, but an evil (word choice mine) fourth wing has taken over it all.

The wings...

1) Promote your policy

Have a team promoting your policies and how they will benefit the voters.

2) Defense your policies

Have a team defending you from attacks by your opponent.

3) Attack your opponent's policies

Have a team that attacks your opponent's policies and claim that such policies will harm the voters.

4 [the evil wing]) Fling that mud!!!

This has derived out of the "attack" wing, though it is often done by others that are not "tied" to the candidate, so that the candidate can claim that their hands are clean (BOVINE EXCREMENT!!!!). What this wing does is launches a bunch of attacks that are either strawmen, red herrings, or other fallacious arguments. Typically, they try to launch so many as to overwhelm the opponent's Defense team. Basically, can you light fires faster than your opponent can put them out?

We often get stuff taken out of context here and are told that it is important when it isn't.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"