Jump to topic:

Monthly Poll

1Historygenius
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 2:49:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Every month, I will open a new presidential election poll. Here is this month's:

http://poll.pollcode.com...
"The chief business of the American people is business." - Calvin Coolidge

Latest debate - Reagan was a better President than Obama: http://www.debate.org...
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 2:53:49 PM
At 8/8/2012 2:49:20 PM, 1Historygenius wrote:
Every month, I will open a new presidential election poll. Here is this month's:

Cool. Good idea.
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 3:54:47 PM

Romney.
Tsar of DDO
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 5:49:44 PM
At 8/8/2012 3:54:47 PM, YYW wrote:

Romney.

Why?
Sapere Aude!
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 5:52:18 PM
At 8/8/2012 5:50:27 PM, HelterSkelter wrote:
This isn't accurate. It's prone to response bias, the sample isn't random, etc.

It's for DDO not rigorous statistical data.
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
Ron-Paul
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 5:54:37 PM
At 8/8/2012 5:49:44 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Romney.

Why?

Because everyone is entitled to an opinion.
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 6:33:36 PM
What does it matter? Half the posters here aren't voting age lol.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 7:28:31 PM

Romney.

Why?

It's all about foreign policy for me. I like Obama a lot, but he hasn't intervened in Syria and I would like to see a stronger position against Iran. I think Romney is more likely to do both of those things. The thing is that I like Obama's foreign policy too, but he just doesn't demonstrably exercise American strength frequently enough.

Ultimately, the world is better off when the United States is the unquestionable final authority in the world. Obama hasn't done a poor job, but I think Romney will do a better one.
Tsar of DDO
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 7:29:16 PM
At 8/8/2012 6:33:36 PM, Maikuru wrote:
What does it matter? Half the posters here aren't voting age lol.

The age range of DDO users is interesting, fo' sho'
Tsar of DDO
Frederick53
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 7:33:52 PM
At 8/8/2012 7:28:31 PM, YYW wrote:

Romney.

Why?

It's all about foreign policy for me. I like Obama a lot, but he hasn't intervened in Syria and I would like to see a stronger position against Iran. I think Romney is more likely to do both of those things. The thing is that I like Obama's foreign policy too, but he just doesn't demonstrably exercise American strength frequently enough.

Ultimately, the world is better off when the United States is the unquestionable final authority in the world. Obama hasn't done a poor job, but I think Romney will do a better one.

Now I really want you to accept that debate!
In 1975, the Second Vietnam War began -1Historygenius

Like no wonder that indian dude rejected you.- Darkkermit to royalpaladin

Social Darwinism is a justification- 1Historygenius

Equal opportunity exists, so there is no problem- EvanK
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 7:39:45 PM
At 8/8/2012 7:33:52 PM, Frederick53 wrote:

Romney.

Why?

Now I really want you to accept that debate!

And I said I probably would. Your case definitely sparked my interest.
Tsar of DDO
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 8:44:40 PM

Romney.

Why?

It's all about foreign policy for me. I like Obama a lot, but he hasn't intervened in Syria
Has it occurred to you that he might be letting the situation play out a bit before escalating the violence and death by intervening? All of Assad's inner circle is crumbling.
and I would like to see a stronger position against Iran.
The only stronger position is intervention. He's not a neocon, thankfully. We have done everything else.
I think Romney is more likely to do both of those things.
Get us further into debt and send thousands of innocent American soldiers to their deaths is what he will do. If you see that as an improvement, fine.
The thing is that I like Obama's foreign policy too, but he just doesn't demonstrably exercise American strength frequently enough.
lol. Libya. Bin Laden. His 50-man team to combat the LRA. Killing 22 top Al queda leaders. Drone strikes. Etc. etc. etc.

That's a terrible reason to vote for Romney. Also, what state do you live in?
Sapere Aude!
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 9:41:58 PM
At 8/8/2012 8:44:40 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:

Romney.

Why?

It's all about foreign policy for me. I like Obama a lot, but he hasn't intervened in Syria
Has it occurred to you that he might be letting the situation play out a bit before escalating the violence and death by intervening? All of Assad's inner circle is crumbling.

It has and that's not what America should be advancing. Allowing Syria to fail has the potential to destabilize the entire middle east, not to mention opens the door for the Muslim Brotherhood to assume leadership (by filling the power vacuum that the end of Assad's regime would produce). I don't care about -right now- letting the syrian people take care of themselves. I care about preserving the geopolitical stability of the region.

The only stronger position is intervention. He's not a neocon, thankfully. We have done everything else.

The sanctions could have been stronger, and should have been. Iranian elections are near though, and if there isn't a change in power I see no reason that an aggressive stance shouldn't be taken. Fortunately, Iran is relatively a more stable country than others in the region, but unfortunately their primary leader (the Ayatollah) seems determined to undermine any efforts for peace in the region. The US should "stabilize" the region accordingly.

Get us further into debt and send thousands of innocent American soldiers to their deaths is what he will do. If you see that as an improvement, fine.

No... perhaps we should debate this topic.

The thing is that I like Obama's foreign policy too, but he just doesn't demonstrably exercise American strength frequently enough.
lol. Libya. Bin Laden. His 50-man team to combat the LRA. Killing 22 top Al queda leaders. Drone strikes. Etc. etc. etc.

Obama has had many legitimate foreign policy successes and there is no denying that there are MANY advantages to his approach, but there still remain changes to be made.

I'm in the process of moving to Geneva, Switzerland. Where I will cast my absentee ballot, however, I don't especially feel obliged to disclose.
Tsar of DDO
Apollo.11
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 9:59:23 PM
At 8/8/2012 9:41:58 PM, YYW wrote:

Romney.

Why?

It has and that's not what America should be advancing. Allowing Syria to fail has the potential to destabilize the entire middle east, not to mention opens the door for the Muslim Brotherhood to assume leadership (by filling the power vacuum that the end of Assad's regime would produce). I don't care about -right now- letting the syrian people take care of themselves. I care about preserving the geopolitical stability of the region.
And military intervention will make the region MORE stable?

The sanctions could have been stronger, and should have been. Iranian elections are near though, and if there isn't a change in power I see no reason that an aggressive stance shouldn't be taken. Fortunately, Iran is relatively a more stable country than others in the region, but unfortunately their primary leader (the Ayatollah) seems determined to undermine any efforts for peace in the region. The US should "stabilize" the region accordingly.
The problem with sanctions is that its cost/benefit ration of sorts is always low. It harms the people while accomplishing little setback for the regime. Stronger sanctions wouldn't help. And what evidence do you have that these sanctions are having any effect?
And kind of stabilization are you proposing? Obama hasn't taken military intervention off the table and Romney has done nothing to suggest he would do more than Obama.

What topic specifically? That war is costly?

Obama has had many legitimate foreign policy successes and there is no denying that there are MANY advantages to his approach, but there still remain changes to be made.

I'm in the process of moving to Geneva, Switzerland. Where I will cast my absentee ballot, however, I don't especially feel obliged to disclose.
Is it Florida, N. Carolina, Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Virgina or Arizona? Does your vote actually count is my question.
Sapere Aude!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 10:06:23 PM
At 8/8/2012 9:59:23 PM, Apollo.11 wrote:
At 8/8/2012 9:41:58 PM, YYW wrote:

Romney.

Why?

And military intervention will make the region MORE stable?

The problem with sanctions is that its cost/benefit ration of sorts is always low. It harms the people while accomplishing little setback for the regime. Stronger sanctions wouldn't help. And what evidence do you have that these sanctions are having any effect?
And kind of stabilization are you proposing? Obama hasn't taken military intervention off the table and Romney has done nothing to suggest he would do more than Obama.

What topic specifically? That war is costly?

Is it Florida, N. Carolina, Ohio, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Virgina or Arizona? Does your vote actually count is my question.

His vote doesnt matter no matter where he lives.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
YYW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/8/2012 10:08:37 PM
At 8/8/2012 10:06:23 PM, thett3 wrote:

His vote doesnt matter no matter where he lives.

That's basically true. Gotta love democracy.

Romney will win through.

I'd be happy to debate you, Appolo, on the issue of sanctions, btw.
Tsar of DDO